How is Catherine doing?

Catherineli

Today I have another question for you guys,

I signed a DNA for myself. I also have two witnesses who signed their names for me. Is that all? Do I have to go somewhere to notarize it? Xiexie dajia!

Today I have another question for you guys,

I signed a DNA for myself. I also have two witnesses who signed their names for me. Is that all? Do I have to go somewhere to notarize it? Xiexie dajia!

That would be DNR - or Do Not Resuscitate order.

How can I write an advance directive?

You can write an advance directive in several ways:

• Use a form provided by your doctor.
  • Write your wishes down by yourself.
  • Call your health department or state department on aging to get a form.
  • Call a lawyer.
  • Use a computer software package for legal documents.

Advance directives and living wills do not have to be complicated documents. They can be short, simple statements about what you want done or not done. Remember, anything you write by yourself or with a computer software package should follow your state laws. You may also want your doctor or a lawyer to review what you have written. They can make sure your directives are understood exactly as you intended. When you are satisfied with your directives, have the orders notarized. Then give copies to your family and your doctor.

hahaha silly me, I was wrong. Yes, Mr. Randy was right. I was meaning DNR. I signed my name with two people as my witness. I'll go to my bank.

I have never heard of "Advance Directive".

I also like to do a TRUST. But I don't want to spend 1000 dollars. If someone gives me a link for me to finish the TRUST online, it would cost me 300 dollars. I will appreciate very much!

Best wishes to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! How is every one doing? I have been building my life and still in the process of my transition.

Today I have several questions to ask and to see who has the similar experiences:

(1) Is there any official way to transfer my retirement money from China to America? I don't like to bother my friend and my family to mail the money to me.

(2) Who can give me a link of western union please? I want to mail a few hundred bucks online to my sister who is in China.

(3) Please shoot me a private mail if someone has a way for me to set up a "Trust" online. I bought a house and I want it to pass to my son years later.

Xiexie dajia!

(4) I'm going to buy a decent dining table with chairs as a set. What do you think of glass table and wood table? Which do you like better if you have used both in your life? Thanks friends!

Wood.

Of course, that's only MY preference. For example, I have an all wood set probably made in Kansas or Iowa a hundred years ago from solid butternut. Looks like walnut. Got it, along with its origin story, at a yard sale for $15. Needed some refinishing.

Now, if I had a showcase dining room, I might feel obligated to get something new. I'm just not that fond of glass furniture. Did you describe your house here already?

Greg

• Like 1

Congratulations on your house! Well done.

A little more of my take on tables: not in every home, but in many of people I grew up with in Ohio and elsewhere, there can be a kitchen table and a dining room table. The kitchen and the table in it can be the center of life in a home. It is where visitors (friends) come to sit and have coffee. It is where you eat most of your meals. Doesn't have to be a showpiece. But has to be Saturday.

The dining room table - often - can be expensive and your forever table. Only used for holidays and very special occasions. And, whoever puts a mark or scratch on it: there may never be forgiveness for you.

So, to answer a different question: be sure you have the right kitchen table before you spend on the formal dining room table. Then, with a new, new house like you have, you might have many options for styles to go with. Wuoldl love to hear what you choose eventually

Greg

Hi Greg, thank you for taking the time replying to me. I do need some knowledge of American life. I didn't know or see until two days ago that a kind of faucet high enough standing on the kitchen sink is very practical. If you touch it gently, the faucet can sense it and the water comes out or shuts.

I see you are telling me that there are two kind of kitchen table. One is practical for every day use and the other is for important occasions. The glass table is too fancy and we have to "worship" it every day : )

Now I know what to do now. There are too many things that I need to learn.

Xiexie ni !