SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

I don't understand what point this video is trying to make... that he's got dirt on China and that they'd better be careful or he will tell all? ...that he's really not a bad guy saying bad things about China, because he has a lot more dirt that he could say, but doesn't?

I don't understand what point this video is trying to make... that he's got dirt on China and that they'd better be careful or he will tell all? ...that he's really not a bad guy saying bad things about China, because he has a lot more dirt that he could say, but doesn't?

I would just take it at face value and file it under "Story telling" - he's got his own battles to fight and/or rise above, and seems to do fairly well in that respect, but is largely speaking to his choir in the West.

If he wants to move to the U.S., he'll need a green card, which I'm not sure that his little company with C-Milk can get him, unless they go through Yahoo or some other Media company. Hopefully, they've got lawyers looking into it.

Just as hopefully, they won't be turning into another version of Chris Chappell and China Uncensored.

I would just take it at face value and file it under "Story telling" - he's got his own battles to fight and/or rise above, and seems to do fairly well in that respect, but is largely speaking to his choir in the West.

If he wants to move to the U.S., he'll need a green card, which I'm not sure that his little company with C-Milk can get him, unless they go through Yahoo or some other Media company. Hopefully, they've got lawyers looking into it.

Just as hopefully, they won't be turning into another version of Chris Chappell and China Uncensored.

He and C-Milk seem to be financially fit now to do what they want in this media. Who sponsors them?

He and C-Milk seem to be financially fit now to do what they want in this media. Who sponsors them?

They earn income through YouTube, Patreon, and Winston's wife - not a whole lot. I figure Winston may be earning around $60 to $80,000 per year, including what his wife earns. C-Milk is less than half that. (Patreon is the only one that tells you what they earn).

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Chapell (China Uncensored) responds to Winston

https://youtu.be/i61OuQtsmfY?t=399

- but -

China Uncensored is an NTD Channel

https://www.ntd.tv/category/china-uncensored/

from Wikipedia

New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD, Chinese: 新唐人電視臺) is a television broadcaster based in New York City with correspondents in over 70 cities worldwide. The station was founded in 2001 by Falun Gong practitioners as a Chinese-language broadcaster, but has since expanded its language offerings.
. . .
NTD, along with The Epoch Times and Sound of Hope, was founded by Falun Gong practitioners who had emigrated to the West. Many of its staff are Falun Gong adherents who volunteer their time and services. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, president Zhong Lee stated that the company's original purpose was to speak out against the Chinese government's persecution of Falun Gong, but that it "can also play a big role pushing democracy in China."[5] The station covers several issues that are taboo in Mainland China, such as official corruption and public health scares, and also provides a platform for Chinese human rights and pro-democracy activists.[5]
The station's broadcasts is capable of reaching 200 million viewers globally, including 50 million in mainland China, according to the Wall Street Journal.[6]

I believe I read somewhere that China Uncensored was broadcast from Taiwan into China, much like an offshore Voice of America broadcast into a communist country.

That is really surprising coming from Winston. Now ole Chris is subject to freely say anything on his show, which the wife and I have watched for years. I think that Chris is more straightforward when talking about China. Of course, he doesn't live there or have family there. The wife says that he had better never go to China. I think I remember him going to Taiwan and Shanghigh a couple of times.

That Shelley that he keeps referring to is a Chinese lady on his staff just for those that don't know.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

That is really surprising coming from Winston. Now ole Chris is subject to freely say anything on his show, which the wife and I have watched for years. I think that Chris is more straightforward when talking about China. Of course, he doesn't live there or have family there. The wife says that he had better never go to China. I think I remember him going to Taiwan and Shanghigh a couple of times.

That Shelley that he keeps referring to is a Chinese lady on his staff just for those that don't know.

He got his start with a news bureau in China (Reuters ??). I don't think he's been back since.

• Like 1

This doesn't really sound like a denial of a Falun Gong connection from Chris, although he does say, "We do our best to cover China issues independently.", and "If you feel NTD is biased in favor of human rights and against the CCP, that's probably not so much the funding as it is the original perspective of the founders."

'8 tuntia sitten' means '8 hours ago' in Finnish, which is apparently where Pekka Saari, who triggered the whole back-and-forth, is from.

The Falun Gong thing is not an issue as far as I'm concerned, nor is their bias - it's their overuse of sarcasm that I don't care for.

p.png

• Like 1

They earn income through YouTube, Patreon, and Winston's wife - not a whole lot. I figure Winston may be earning around $60 to $80,000 per year, including what his wife earns. C-Milk is less than half that. (Patreon is the only one that tells you what they earn).

I see on Winston's Patreon accound that that is up to $4107, so that's over $49,000USD from that alone. Laowhy86's is $2,785/month.

The China Uncensored's 2205 Patreon supporters pay $1 AND UP for EVERY video those guys produce - usually 3 or 4 per week.

There's no telling how much they make on YouTube - those figures aren't disclosed. It depends on ad revenue. I've heard some of the car review guys are pulling in BIG bucks, like Jay Leno and Doug DeMuro.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Wow, so sorry to hear this. Life does indeed throw some pretty hard punched. As with all of us our age it happens. I wish that Lee would go to the doctor more often. She has only been to the doctor 2 times in 18 years. About a week ago she got up out of my lap and passed out on the floor. I can not get her to go to the doctor. She is still at the age that she thinks that she is, like this old guy says, ten feet tall and bulletproof. You would think that now that she can go to the doctor and it won't cost her a dime she would go but no sirree. I mean she is an adult and under the law, unless she is a threat to herself or someone else I can't make her go.

• 2 weeks later...

A fairly good talk from the boys, although it's not entirely clear how "Mass" the "Mass Exodus" is (but I'm NOT questioning that there IS one).

They filmed this while in Taiwan, but Matt (C-Milk) and Vivi are presently in New York, in the hospital having their second child.

edit: I did find this in the credits, so she's apparently had the baby:

For a realistic perspective on China and world travel from an American father and a Chinese mother with two half-Chinese daughters go to Laowhy86 every Wednesday 1pm EST