Randy W

Piss me off! We got rained in in Houston - due to storms in Dallas, they wouldn't let us take off from IAH, so I missed the connecting flight to Hong Kong. Instead if getting me a hotel in Dallas for the flight the next day, they put me on a 27 hour flight through Heathrow to Hong Kong on Sunday just in time to miss my train ticket to Yulin.

• 4 weeks later...

Piss me off! We got rained in in Houston - due to storms in Dallas, they wouldn't let us take off from IAH, so I missed the connecting flight to Hong Kong. Instead if getting me a hotel in Dallas for the flight the next day, they put me on a 27 hour flight through Heathrow to Hong Kong on Sunday just in time to miss my train ticket to Yulin.

My luggage ended up staying in Dallas - one of the bags caught up with me in Hong Kong, the other had to be delivered to me in Yulin - they actually sent a guy on a bus to Yulin - we met him at the station.

This is the road back to Yulin fom Guitou Ling (Turtle Mountain Range)

gallery_1846_633_155310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dog Days in Yulin - my thread about the Summer Solstice festival which draws a LOT of International attention

gallery_1846_633_316455.jpg

This restaurant across the street from us set up tables for an influx of dog meat lovers - you can see most of them are empty. The regular restaurants have generally not participated, since dog meat is not part of their normal supply chain.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_1846_633_282060.jpg

Yulin's town square along the river is VERY active EVERY night - I took this picture tonight while waiting for our grandson's tae kwon do class

There are pool tables, kite flying, kiddie activities, soccer fields in use, karaoke, and, of course dancing grannies out there

• Like 1