Our CCP wait time - 88 days

Mr. Don

I like Scovitz's idea to sue the government as a group. My friends also suggested to talk to the news reporters. I am working on that now. If you have a friend who is a news reporter for a newspaper, CNN, CBS, or whatever media, we should talk to them and let the public knew how our own government is doing to its citizen. Our immigration attorney also suggested to do so. Media is a powerful tool. Please email me if you like my idea.

The purpose of an IV should be re-unite family. We do not know what's happening with the Consulate in Guangzhou. It is a huge black hole.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI... I received the following response from Guangzhou via my immigration lawyer and a similar response via Senator and Congresswoman:

"Thank you for your email.

Ms. XX’s case is currently under administrative processing in accordance with section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This is necessary to verify Ms. XX’s qualification for the visa. Administrative processing often lasts about 150 days, but in some instances it can take significantly longer. Once we have completed our administrative processing, we will contact Ms. XX with the result and subsequent instructions to continue processing her visa.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou"

While this is slightly more information, it still doesn't make me any more confident that the consulate is making progress. Especially when we have 4 people on our waiting list who are well past 150 days and a couple more approaching it. There just has to be a better way to get through to someone there.

Does anyone have any contact info for anyone in the consulate?

FYI... I received the following response from Guangzhou via my immigration lawyer and a similar response via Senator and Congresswoman:

"Thank you for your email.

Ms. XX’s case is currently under administrative processing in accordance with section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This is necessary to verify Ms. XX’s qualification for the visa. Administrative processing often lasts about 150 days, but in some instances it can take significantly longer. Once we have completed our administrative processing, we will contact Ms. XX with the result and subsequent instructions to continue processing her visa.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou"

While this is slightly more information, it still doesn't make me any more confident that the consulate is making progress. Especially when we have 4 people on our waiting list who are well past 150 days and a couple more approaching it. There just has to be a better way to get through to someone there.

Does anyone have any contact info for anyone in the consulate?

I got more or less the same reply via my Senator yesterday. I originally sent the info request to the senator in September of last year, so it took about 5.5 months for them to get a reply from GZ. Instead of being really angry about that, I'm hoping it means that the gears are coming unstuck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, Everyone,

My family is in the same boat. My wife and 17 months old daughter is waiting for Interview the first week of July. (It took 15 months for us to reach here).

I have read the CCP related posts here. My wife joint simply because it was required due to she was HR manager of the state own company.

Can any one of here helps me to understand what will happen after the interview. I presume they will not issue a visa to her. According to the published state department procedure: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86973.pdf , for CCP member the Guangzhou consulate must request for the Department’s Security Advisory Opinions (SAO).

Do we need to file the I-601 ourselves or consulate will submit internal SAO without us to file I-601?

Can we file the I-601 now before the interview?

According to the latest state document, the adjudication of the I-601 is coming from Nebraska Service Center, which currently is processing the Dec 2nd 2013, means the wait for CCP will be over 6 month.

The medical exam is only valid for 6 month, what happens when the I-601 is cleared, the consulate will request us to submit the new medical exam again?

What happens to my 17 month old daughter? If the consulate delay the issue of my wife's visa, will they still issue the visa to my daughter?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

• Like 1

Hi, Everyone,

My family is in the same boat. My wife and 17 months old daughter is waiting for Interview the first week of July. (It took 15 months for us to reach here).

I have read the CCP related posts here. My wife joint simply because it was required due to she was HR manager of the state own company.

Can any one of here helps me to understand what will happen after the interview. I presume they will not issue a visa to her. According to the published state department procedure: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86973.pdf , for CCP member the Guangzhou consulate must request for the Department’s Security Advisory Opinions (SAO).

Do we need to file the I-601 ourselves or consulate will submit internal SAO without us to file I-601?

Can we file the I-601 now before the interview?

According to the latest state document, the adjudication of the I-601 is coming from Nebraska Service Center, which currently is processing the Dec 2nd 2013, means the wait for CCP will be over 6 month.

The medical exam is only valid for 6 month, what happens when the I-601 is cleared, the consulate will request us to submit the new medical exam again?

What happens to my 17 month old daughter? If the consulate delay the issue of my wife's visa, will they still issue the visa to my daughter?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

No I-601 needed, the consulate is well aware of people having to join the party as part of employment bu some employers, the process is automatic, they approve the visa pending administrative processing after the interview. Simply be honest at the interview when the question comes up, and wait out the added processing.

Yes, I have seen cases where they may request an additional medical exam if the first one expires before immigrating to the USA.

As for 17 year old, they probably will delay her visa pending issuance of visa for mother, so they can travel and immigrate to the USA together.

Dan,

Based on all the posts I read, recently the SAO process from the consulate is significantly delayed. On average over 6 months and is a black hole with no way to check the processing time. I really regret answered honestly "yes" to the question of CCP. There are so many people lied and got through.

My daughter is almost year and half now. I really don't want to be apart from my family for another year just because this check.

Any advise for how to speed things up? If I file the I-601 now, will that help?

Thanks

Bill

The problem is when the I-601 can be filed, it cannot be filed prior to a finding of inadmissibility, that is the visa interview, it can only be filed if found to be inadmissible.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-601WhoCanFile_zpsefb632fd.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

The problem is, yes some do LIE and get away with it, however doing so can and often does catch up later in life. This is misrepresenting the facts to immigration, and if it is discovered, USCIS and DHS can revoke Green Card and deport, they can even revoke citizenship if it is discovered after naturalization.

Here is just one example of a couple caught years later misrepresenting the facts.

Perfectly Legal Immigrants, Until They Applied for Citizenship

SELINSGROVE, Pa. — Dr. Pedro Servano always believed that his journey from his native Philippines to the life of a community doctor in Pennsylvania would lead to American citizenship.

But the doctor, who has tended to patients here in the Susquehanna Valley for more than a decade, is instead battling a deportation order along with his wife.

The Servanos are among a growing group of legal immigrants who reach for the prize and permanence of citizenship, only to run afoul of highly technical immigration statutes that carry the severe penalty of expulsion from the country. For the Servanos, the problem has been a legal hitch involving their marital status when they came from the Philippines some 25 years ago.

Dr. Servano and his wife, Salvacion, lived for years in the United States with no inkling they might have violated the law. They met in the Philippines when she was a nurse and he was a young traveling doctor. Her strict father insisted she marry, they said, but his family wanted him to wait.

In the early 1980s, their mothers came separately to the United States as legal immigrants and petitioned for residence visas, known as green cards, for Pedro and Salvacion under the category of unmarried children. But between the time the visas were requested and when they were issued in 1985, Pedro and Salvacion, hoping to escape conflicting parental demands, secretly married in the Philippines.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/12/us/12naturalize.html

In that case getting married prior to getting visas and coming to the USA changed their visa class, or even disqualified due to being "Married" son/daughter of a legal residents if both parents were green card holders when they married.

Again you never know if and when something like this can bite you.