Our CCP wait time - 88 days

Mr. Don

Thanks for creating the Form to collect this data. Does anyone know how we can get CFL to post this more broadly so we can collect both past and present data? Can people send the link to the QQ group and ask those waiting there to also complete the form (if interested)?

I've asked my wife to pass it to the QQ group. It seems the applicants are much more active than the petitioners. Hopefully we can all get a clearer picture of what's going on.

A somewhat related article from this week's edition of The Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/china/21596994-party-membership-does-not-necessarily-mean-better-job-prospects-rushing-join

As of Monday we will have been waiting eight full months.

Hey lhp, could you put your info in the spreadsheet, there is no names or anything required. Sorry it's been so long, from my perspective when you say 8 months, I'm looking ahead like damn I have 4 more months of this to go through.

A somewhat related article from this week's edition of The Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/china/21596994-party-membership-does-not-necessarily-mean-better-job-prospects-rushing-join

As of Monday we will have been waiting eight full months.

Hey lhp, could you put your info in the spreadsheet, there is no names or anything required. Sorry it's been so long, from my perspective when you say 8 months, I'm looking ahead like damn I have 4 more months of this to go through.

I did it. The mods here might want the embed urls from you so they can embed the form and embed the results. That would be very useful.

I think it's great to pass this along to the QQ group, but I think it's going to be hard for people in China to fill this out if they don't have a VPN. I've been out of China since the end of December, but while I was there everything Google was blocked. Worst case, we get it to the QQ group and have the QQ group members force their US-based spouses to do it :victory:

Edited by lhp (see edit history)

this is the embed code

edit: this is for the submission form

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_dq7BswkzVGty5FTJyYbUyILEmO2DlkkCE-z09640BU/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

The board software doesn't allow html code, but I'll see what I can do to get this to display.

Thanks, Randy and hh. Having an easily accessible resource like this will help couples in the future to more accurately determine how long they're going to wait. I quit a good paying job in China last July, assuming that we'd be able to move to the States in October/November. If I'd had any idea that it would take 8+ months to get through AP, I'd have kept my job.

Thanks, Randy and hh. Having an easily accessible resource like this will help couples in the future to more accurately determine how long they're going to wait. I quit a good paying job in China last July, assuming that we'd be able to move to the States in October/November. If I'd had any idea that it would take 8+ months to get through AP, I'd have kept my job.

Yeah hopefully now that more people have data they can see they can plan their lives accordingly. Similar thing happened with us, I had to return to the states because of my job, and we thought we had planned enough in advance that we wouldn't be separated so much for that.

Yeah hopefully now that more people have data they can see they can plan their lives accordingly. Similar thing happened with us, I had to return to the states because of my job, and we thought we had planned enough in advance that we wouldn't be separated so much for that.

Thanks much for putting the spreadsheet together - it's also got a pinned topic here -

Reported CCP Wait Times