Our CCP wait time - 88 days

Mr. Don

And..... as dumb luck would have it, my fiancee and I received our P5 just now, a little over 6 months since her interview and nearlya 11 months since we began all of the immigration proceedings....

Congratulations! One question, since it's been over 6 months after interview, the medical exam expired. Did they ask you to provide a new one to the consulate or upon the entry?

Yes, in the P5 packet, it says if it has expired you must receive a new medical exam and report.

-scovitz

I am really happy for you and your fiance, It will be 15 months my wife and daughter's interview.

Since the 6 months wait for CCP is consider lucky, what the P5 says regarding the medical report? Do you need to send the consulate the new one or just bring the new one when entering the USA?

The P5 came via email, just a letter. Perhaps it used to come in the mail before which is why it was called Packet 5 ... since it doesn't say P5 anywhere on it, but that is how people refer to it. I'm happy to share the contents since it is boiler plate (just message me privately... it is similar to the following: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_62a14b930101kn1t.html). To answer billyc's question, you must obtain an updated Police Report and Medical Report if they have expired and submit that with the passports. Then the visa will be placed in the passports and sent back.

Regarding the timing of 6 months being lucky, I do feel extremely lucky to be at this point in the process. During my research though, I have seen wildly varying times with some people with Administrative Processing receiving their issued visa as early as 6 months from the case creation date (ours will take 9 months from case creation once the visa is in hand, 6 months from submitting CCP paperwork at the interview). I then saw several people receiving visas per week for visas that were periodically updated (and not stalled for greater than 3 months). Of the remaining people with the same creation date as my fiancee I saw slow but steady progress and estimated that we would likely hear something by the end of June. Of course, the pace is only an estimate and there is no way to know which of the people remaining will be selected first. If this does not make sense, please ask. I am happy to share the methodology for estimating (and am hoping to automate the stat collection in the future).

-scovitz

• Like 1

The P5 came via email, just a letter. Perhaps it used to come in the mail before which is why it was called Packet 5 ... since it doesn't say P5 anywhere on it, but that is how people refer to it. I'm happy to share the contents since it is boiler plate (just message me privately... it is similar to the following: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_62a14b930101kn1t.html). To answer billyc's question, you must obtain an updated Police Report and Medical Report if they have expired and submit that with the passports. Then the visa will be placed in the passports and sent back.

Regarding the timing of 6 months being lucky, I do feel extremely lucky to be at this point in the process. During my research though, I have seen wildly varying times with some people with Administrative Processing receiving their issued visa as early as 6 months from the case creation date (ours will take 9 months from case creation once the visa is in hand, 6 months from submitting CCP paperwork at the interview). I then saw several people receiving visas per week for visas that were periodically updated (and not stalled for greater than 3 months). Of the remaining people with the same creation date as my fiancee I saw slow but steady progress and estimated that we would likely hear something by the end of June. Of course, the pace is only an estimate and there is no way to know which of the people remaining will be selected first. If this does not make sense, please ask. I am happy to share the methodology for estimating (and am hoping to automate the stat collection in the future).

-scovitz

Scovitz,

My wife and daughter's interview will be in two weeks. We are just started this long and painful wait. I have no clue about how you are checking and tracking other CCP applicants' status. If you can share your detail method, we will greatly appreciate it.

Best wishes to you and your fiancee's next stage of new life!

I am happy to share my method (though it may seem a bit complicated). Anyone who is interested, can private message me for the details. If I have enough time, I hope to automate the data collection and publish a broad set of the data to make this easier for everyone. If anyone has a computer programming background and is interested in running with this or contributing, please let me know.

-scovitz

I am happy to share my method (though it may seem a bit complicated). Anyone who is interested, can private message me for the details. If I have enough time, I hope to automate the data collection and publish a broad set of the data to make this easier for everyone. If anyone has a computer programming background and is interested in running with this or contributing, please let me know.

-scovitz

Scovitz,

I have posted private message to you. Thanks

I'm happy to report that our visa was approved last night! Or, at least...P5. Between changing jobs and having her come, life's going to be a whirlwind...but I like it.

Congratulations!

Do you mind to disclose when was the interview? Just want to see how long would it take now for the CCP process since we are about to start the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and daughter had interview yesterday. We were prepared for the CCP question ans delay. To our surprise, the VO didn't ask the CCP question and gave us a white slip and telling us to wait for receiving the VISAs and passports in about two weeks,

We are so happy that we don't have to go through the ordeal again. Hope our family will reunite soon.

Thank you everyone for the helps!

Interestingly, my fiancee was in Guangzhou last week updating her medical report and she also met another women who was a CCP member but was not asked this question during the interview. Perhaps, our pleas and letters about the unbearable and unjust wait have been heard and some processes are starting to change (or at least to help make progress on the backlog). I'm very happy for Billy and family and hope everyone gets their visa soon.

-scovitz