Evolution of Relationship letter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello my friend !! (In reply to post #11)

Mine was about 2.5 pages, to cover multi-visits and our marriage in China. I could never convey, what it was I wished to leave with a reader, in only one page. I had absolutely no problem/issues with my approach; and again, the VO complimented my wife on the preparation of our entire package at interview time.

I was charged just one flat fee, for the notary to verify my signature on the document. That is what it is about, if it is to be turned in by the applicant at interview time. This, so they know the USC produced it, and not someone else, with a forged signature.

The version that I included with my I-129F filings, did not have to be notarized, as it was included within my larger filing, as submitted my me. The one I gave my wife at interview time, was an updated version, to cover the visits since the time I had mailed the original petition.

And again, even at AOS time, I filed still a more updated version, that was about four pages long, to further establish the bona fides of the marriage/relationship.

Best wishes to you both !! :lol:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Mine was about 2.5 pages, to cover multi-visits and our marriage in China. I could never convey, what it was I wished to leave with a reader, in only one page. I had absolutely no problem/issues with my approach; and again, the VO complimented my wife on the preparation of our entire package at interview time.

I was charged just one flat fee, for the notary to verify my signature on the document. That is what it is about, if it is to be turned in by the applicant at interview time. This, so they know the USC produced it, and not someone else, with a forged signature.

The version that I included with my I-129F filings, did not have to be notarized, as it was included within my larger filing, as submitted my me. The one I gave my wife at interview time, was an updated version, to cover the visits since the time I had mailed the original petition.

And again, even at AOS time, I filed still a more updated version, that was about four pages long, to further establish the bona fides of the marriage/relationship.

can you share what made your package complimented, and the content olf your letter?

I really see some mixed ideas here as writing a long narative gives ammunition to quiz the ben. and too long makes too much time for a busy officer. i see a lot of successful applicants put very helpful info , and i thank you, but i would like specifics if yours was better than average i woyld like any edge!

thanks

Guest ShaQuaNew

can you share what made your package complimented, and the content olf your letter?

I really see some mixed ideas here as writing a long narative gives ammunition to quiz the ben. and too long makes too much time for a busy officer. i see a lot of successful applicants put very helpful info , and i thank you, but i would like specifics if yours was better than average i woyld like any edge!

thanks

There isn't an established standard as to how an Evolution of Relationship letter should be composed. However, there is a way of presenting information to the reader that makes it easy for them to find information. It should be written clearly, free of grammar and spelling errors.

An effective method is the following:

1. Write the letter using a lined grid. You can use the Table function in most Word processors. Use two (2) columns.

2. Write the Date in the left column. US dating is normally presented like: July 28, 2009. If you are expressing a period of time, write it as: June 12, 2009 through July 28, 2009.

3. In the right column, write a short synopsis of what transpired. Try writing in the Active Voice if you can, or know how.

4. Include cross references to time stamped and dated photos, receipts, and other corroborating evidence.

5. Try to write in a manner that presents your case clearly.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

keep it to 1 page

LOL,

1 page?

I don't think that will cover the entire courtship. For what's it's worth, write the EOR as you see fit (start to finish in detail). Mine was 4 pages via computer, 8 pages hand-written. I also sent it to GUZ via email, this I hoped to insured that they (GUZ) did read the EOR before the interview, plus it does get added to your petition file and GUZ has to respond to the email.

Just make to have both the computer and hand-written EOR notarized at your local bank, don't sign them until your ready to notarized them at the bank. By the way it's free or they may charge a small fee, why pay GUZ ($30) to have them notarized there?

Sure you can do it in one-page:

Date 1: Met on a chat line

Date 2: Went to China

Date 3: Met

Date 4: Got married

Just don't expect good results....

:toot:

I think you two guys are going to a bit extreme here. One page can be plenty if you know how to word it right. Mine was one page and covered almost 3 years worth of relationship. Marc Ellis guided me and the EOR ended up about 3/4 page and we got pink.

Everyone has their own ideas and it's what works for YOU. No need to ridicule others. :D

This may be a stupid question, but does a multi-page EOR letter count as a single document with a single notarized "signature/seal"? Should additional pages just be initialed?

I'd hate to end up paying $30 a page to have the thing notarized.

From GUZ website:

Fees:

Notarials/Certified Copies:

$30.00 for the first signature/seal

$20.00 for each additional signature/seal, if the documents are used for the same purpose

Only count as 1 page. Mine letter was 3 pages long and only pay as one doc.

This may be a stupid question, but does a multi-page EOR letter count as a single document with a single notarized "signature/seal"? Should additional pages just be initialed?

I'd hate to end up paying $30 a page to have the thing notarized.

From GUZ website:

Fees:

Notarials/Certified Copies:

$30.00 for the first signature/seal

$20.00 for each additional signature/seal, if the documents are used for the same purpose

Only count as 1 page. Mine letter was 3 pages long and only pay as one doc.

Thank You.

I had mine done for $FREE$ at my bank. Only cost me $50 to mail the darn thing to my wife...

Is it better to have it notarized in the consulate than other resources in US such as a US bank?

If we have it notarized in Guangzhou by the officer, does it have good influence on the case since the officer will review it before the visa interview?

I saw a few threads here and on visa journey that tells me it does make difference.

Any comment? Thanks.

Mei

I had mine done for $FREE$ at my bank. Only cost me $50 to mail the darn thing to my wife...

Is it better to have it notarized in the consulate than other resources in US such as a US bank?

If we have it notarized in Guangzhou by the officer, does it have good influence on the case since the officer will review it before the visa interview?

I saw a few threads here and on visa journey that tells me it does make difference.

Any comment? Thanks.

Mei

I got our new and updated EOR notorized at the consulate.'s ACS(American Citizen Services) just before the interview. I asked the woman that did the notary if she was a VO...she laughed and said "NO, they don't do notary's."

tsap seui

Any comment? Thanks.

Mei

I got our new and updated EOR notorized at the consulate.'s ACS(American Citizen Services) just before the interview. I asked the woman that did the notary if she was a VO...she laughed and said "NO, they don't do notary's."

tsap seui

Does it have to be hand written? Is typing acceptable?

Thanks.

Mei

Any comment? Thanks.

Mei

tsap seui

Does it have to be hand written? Is typing acceptable?

Thanks.

Mei

I hand wrote ours...seems like I saw that stated on a blue slip or something, at any rate I hand wrote it, just to be safe. :) I have seen others that typed them and were okay.

I'm in the process of writing a new one and I'll type it, then hand write the finished version.

tsap seui

keep it to 1 page

LOL,

1 page?

I don't think that will cover the entire courtship. For what's it's worth, write the EOR as you see fit (start to finish in detail). Mine was 4 pages via computer, 8 pages hand-written. I also sent it to GUZ via email, this I hoped to insured that they (GUZ) did read the EOR before the interview, plus it does get added to your petition file and GUZ has to respond to the email.

Just make to have both the computer and hand-written EOR notarized at your local bank, don't sign them until your ready to notarized them at the bank. By the way it's free or they may charge a small fee, why pay GUZ ($30) to have them notarized there?

Sure you can do it in one-page:

Date 1: Met on a chat line date site

Date 2: Went to China

Date 3: Met

Date 4: Got married

Just don't expect good results....

:)

We had a good result (see my change above). But yeah, I did add a bit of fluff to it and all.