August Interview group

I leave here on 22 in the morn and get in GUZ at 11:10 their time 23 Sun night.

BTW snitless is slang, not found in the dictionary, but I like it. We use "swag" and "guesstimate" a lot here in my architectural firm.

It was a joke :)

my wife booked a room at the Yang's today.

How many days will you arrive before your interview Cedarreefer?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today my wife had the pictures of us together covering 6 years printed today.....that was a ton of pictures but only represented 1% of the total pictures we have together.....over 100 gigs of pictures. :thank_you_so_much:

She's done with her medical and has it in hand.

Her train ticket is booked and she leaves for GUZ in the morning.

4 days and counting until PINK!!!

We are still trying to find the best cruise ship for her to take to America since she doesn't fly. :signthankspin:

Most likely she will take a cruise ship from South Hampton in England to NY.

There doesn't seem to be any cruise ships in China (HK or Shanghai) that goes to America.

We are still trying to find the best cruise ship for her to take to America since she doesn't fly. :blink:

There doesn't seem to be any cruise ships in China (HK or Shanghai) that goes to America.

let's see if I got this...

6 day train to Beijing - train to GUZ

hang out in GUZ see the sights

train to Beijing - 6 day train(s) to England - cruise ship to USA POE

Do you know Tom and Ling are in GUZ on the 18th also?

I forget why...is something important going on????

maybe you'll be in the same area!!!

POE on the West side? with the other cruise ships????

you live in my area of the world? or are there more trains?

Today my wife had the pictures of us together covering 6 years printed today.....that was a ton of pictures but only represented 1% of the total pictures we have together.....over 100 gigs of pictures. :blink:

She's done with her medical and has it in hand.

Her train ticket is booked and she leaves for GUZ in the morning.

4 days and counting until PINK!!!

We are still trying to find the best cruise ship for her to take to America since she doesn't fly. :V:

Is this where I can make the joke about "slow boat to China"?

yesteday, I got pink . . . you will too....

Congratulations!

Today my wife had the pictures of us together covering 6 years printed today.....that was a ton of pictures but only represented 1% of the total pictures we have together.....over 100 gigs of pictures.

Do you seriously have over 100gigs of pictures? That is an amazing statistic. I think you deserve pink based on that alone! Good Luck!

Do you seriously have over 100gigs of pictures? That is an amazing statistic. I think you deserve pink based on that alone! Good Luck!

Yes we do :blink:

We are picture taking fanatics and about half of them are very high resolution, so each picture is about 2 mb.

What is the price for Yang's and would you recommend it? Is it within a short walking distance from the consulate?

Thanks!

She's paying 120 rmb for the room. It's small but nice and clean with internet and cold A/C.

The hotel is in the same building with the consulate, which is fantastic.

It's less than 10 minutes from the train station.

5 minute walk to the airport bus.

The negative is the noise level in the hotel. Her neighbors are really nice but she can hear crying babies, lots of talking and a couple of neighbors playing loud music in the evening at bed time.

She will move to a larger room tomorrow with hopes of quiet neighbors. After the interview she will definitly move to another hotel as she waits for the visa.

Apparently the street is littered with hotels on the same block as the consulate so I don't think you have to worry about it. She also did some price checking and found a lot comparable hotels near the same location for 120 to 240 rmb.

Edited by katnreno (see edit history)