August Interview group

I called DOS this afternoon, bad choice it was busy then on hold a long time, but P4 mailed out today interview date of AUGUST 17 Monday 7:15 AM OMG I am freaking out I felt like I was ready for the news now have to think a lot wooooaaaaaa yea :partytime2: :bounce8: :mbounce:

But um now I am feeling a big sense of what to do first and next etc.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called DOS this afternoon, bad choice it was busy then on hold a long time, but P4 mailed out today interview date of AUGUST 17 Monday 7:15 AM OMG I am freaking out I felt like I was ready for the news now have to think a lot wooooaaaaaa yea :partytime2: :bounce8: :mbounce:

congrats!

Congrats. I know what you're going through, I felt like a little kid saying "oh my gawd . . .oh my gawd" shaking enough that I couldn't hold the phone in my hand to call her and let her know. I am wondering if I will be able to maintain my cool at the consulate.

I called DOS this ...... AM OMG I am freaking out I felt like I was ready for the news now have to think a lot wooooaaaaaa yea :cheering: :cheering: :yahoo:

Congrats. I know what you're going through, I felt like a little kid saying "oh my gawd . . .oh my gawd" shaking .....my cool at the consulate.

Here is the bad news :toot: ...... clean yer crib.

DON'T be a weenie! :D

Imagine the look on her face :yikes: if she lays eyes on the sty you've been sleeping in!! :eekout:

And don't forget the POE :(

There is a really good thread of a check list to do before POE...but that is all I can remember. Other than the cleaning part, which I repeat... start now, more than once and then repeat..

:bop:

I called DOS this ...... AM OMG I am freaking out I felt like I was ready for the news now have to think a lot wooooaaaaaa yea :cheering: :cheering: :yahoo:

Congrats. I know what you're going through, I felt like a little kid saying "oh my gawd . . .oh my gawd" shaking .....my cool at the consulate.

Here is the bad news :toot: ...... clean yer crib.

DON'T be a weenie! :D

Imagine the look on her face :yikes: if she lays eyes on the sty you've been sleeping in!! :eekout:

And don't forget the POE :(

There is a really good thread of a check list to do before POE...but that is all I can remember. Other than the cleaning part, which I repeat... start now, more than once and then repeat..

:bop:

yea I am looking for a new place to live. I live in what can be called animal house or oscar madison style of living. now i am like uh oh i thought i would move end of August but now maybe I will just put most the loose stuff in the storage place and have her help choose the next place to live.

i was bubbling for 3 hours thsi afternooon then 7:00 EDt came and I was like i can call her now I don't care I can't wait anymore. So I got this invitation to google voice yesterday and signed up for it and I'm not sure what other cool things it can do but I was able to tie in a call to my work phone, and then call her china mobile number and we talked for 25 minutes for :$.50 no connection fee no nothing just 2 cents a minute how cool is this!

yea I am looking for a new place to live. I live in what can be called animal house or oscar madison style of living. now i am like uh oh i thought i would move end of August but now maybe I will just put most the loose stuff in the storage place and have her help choose the next place to live.

i was bubbling for 3 hours thsi afternooon then 7:00 EDt came and I was like i can call her now I don't care I can't wait anymore. So I got this invitation to google voice yesterday and signed up for it and I'm not sure what other cool things it can do but I was able to tie in a call to my work phone, and then call her china mobile number and we talked for 25 minutes for :$.50 no connection fee no nothing just 2 cents a minute how cool is this!

I use skype, it's just 9.95 a month and I can call her anytime and as many times as I want as long as it is under 10,000 mins a month.

I have also thought about waiting till she is here and then we can both pick out a place together, but I would like to have a new place all ready for her so she can just relax and not need to worry about moving.

{edit} Repair Quote tags.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Hi all,

Since we all are leaving in August. What's your plan regarding purchasing the ticket for your SO?

I read many posts telling us not to buy the ticket for the beneficiary before the visa is physically issued.

I also noticed that if I buy it now, it would be much cheaper than buying the ticket during the last minutes when we are in China. I can get a one way ticket now for around $800 from Shenyang to San Francesco.

If we buy the ticket in the last minutes after she gets the visa, will we be able to get the ticket at fairly reasonable price? Will she be seating next to me in the same flight to U.S.?

These are the questions that we need to know the definite answers.

Any suggestions?

Steve & Mei

Hi all,

Since we all are leaving in August. What's your plan regarding purchasing the ticket for your SO?

I read many posts telling us not to buy the ticket for the beneficiary before the visa is physically issued.

I also noticed that if I buy it now, it would be much cheaper than buying the ticket during the last minutes when we are in China. I can get a one way ticket now for around $800 from Shenyang to San Francesco.

If we buy the ticket in the last minutes after she gets the visa, will we be able to get the ticket at fairly reasonable price? Will she be seating next to me in the same flight to U.S.?

These are the questions that we need to know the definite answers.

Any suggestions?

Steve & Mei

we have briefly discussed this but not until we have visa in our sweaty hands will we for sure make plans. I suggested that this trip is not good idea for her to come back with me, as GZ is not her home and I have to get back to work and find a new place to live and she should have a proper time to get her affairs in order back home and spend time with the family. i told her that I am coming with little clothes even for 2 weeks and I want to take a bunch of her stuff back with me, then if I can come back when she will come back with me when we are not so rushed. But if we decide to come back thats great :)

I just booked Columbus to Newark to Hong Kong and return on flychina.com for $1075 all included fees. I will take the train from HK to GZ unless I end up on the wrong train

Edited by Dan-Juan (see edit history)

after our P3 was sent out, i called DOS everyday sometimes twice a day just to make sure....

This is only my assumption, so please correct me if I am wrong:

The DOS office is never open at the same time as the GUZ. So the GUZ will issue interview dates throughout their work day and update it into their system. Then, after the GUZ close for business at the end of the day, the DOS will open 2 or 3 hours later for business. So it would only make sense to call the DOS one time in the morning to check to see if an interview date has been scheduled for you because GUZ is now closed so they will not be entering any new data into the system until their morning. Would this be correct? Or does the system batch every few hours and that would be the reason why interview dates may pop up on the DOS system after GUZ has closed for the day?

Thank you in advance for helping to clarify this for me.

Edited by twoinchina (see edit history)

We have our interview on August 3rd, but of course her P4 packet is no where to be found... the story of our journey, 22 months and counting.

Hopefully our request to have them resend the P4 packet will be received and responded to in time, but I will be honest I am not all that hopeful. Better to be pleasantly surprised than shocked and disappointed.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I called DOS this morning and found out that our interview date is scheduled for August 18 at 7:15am,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

only 2 months and 13 days from DCF filing in Beijing to interview being scheduled.

I wonder what is the determining factor on their dating system when mine is towards the end of the month.

I wonder what is the determining factor on their dating system when mine is towards the end of the month.

Yeah right!!! I was wondering the same thing. In fact, when I originally saw your interview date the other day, I sadly assumed ours wouldn't be until September.

Here is something odd though: When I called the DOS this morning to see check on the status of our visa application, the DOS lady mumbled very low but I clearly heard the word 'August'. But when I asked her to repeat herself, she said our visa application was still pending. :cheering:

That immediately sent up red flags!!!!!! So I called right back to the DOS 5 seconds later and spoke with a different DOS lady who told me our interview date is scheduled for August 18th.

I don't know why the first lady lied. :cheering: But I don't care because WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!