August Interview group

All I have to say is that none of this would of been possible without the help of everyone on this forum with a special thanks going to dnoblett and Randy.....you guys ROCK.

I know we don't have pink yet but you guys helped make it possible, believable and the sea of paperwork comprehensible.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy for everyone that has only taken 2-6 months, no one should have to go through what we have.

But still so frustrated and confused about why we had to. Even if you want to argue that we made mistakes, it took a year for those mistakes to even get looked at.

Anyway. Congrats everyone, good luck in August and think pink!

All I have to say is that none of this would of been possible without the help of everyone on this forum with a special thanks going to dnoblett and Randy.....you guys ROCK.

I know we don't have pink yet but you guys helped make it possible, believable and the sea of paperwork comprehensible.

twoinchina,

I can not believe no one said anything... Are you Russian? :blink: :ph34r: Perhaps should be at the Russian Embassy???

:lol: :o :P :P

interesting timeline ;)

I just returned to USA after being in China for three weeks (two weeks for work, one week with my wife). When I called to let her know that I had arrived home safely, she said very casually... "Oh, I have some news... I received the package (P4) from the consulate... doctor papers and interview time." What!!? The P4 arrived at her apartment only three hours after I left! What bad timing... but I'm just relieved that she received it.

Anyway, we're scheduled for an August 26 interview... looks like it's CRUNCH time!

FYI... NVC Out to P4 - 65 days

I-130 Submission to Interview - 485 days (ouch!)

Best of luck to all,

Shadowman

I just returned to USA after being in China for three weeks (two weeks for work, one week with my wife). When I called to let her know that I had arrived home safely, she said very casually... "Oh, I have some news... I received the package (P4) from the consulate... doctor papers and interview time." What!!? The P4 arrived at her apartment only three hours after I left! What bad timing... but I'm just relieved that she received it.

Anyway, we're scheduled for an August 26 interview... looks like it's CRUNCH time!

FYI... NVC Out to P4 - 65 days

I-130 Submission to Interview - 485 days (ouch!)

Best of luck to all,

Shadowman

Happy Qi Xi to you and your SO! We are the day after.

Good luck

Wow, the P4 arrived via EMS today! So good to finally have things happening on time.

Now just onto the medical exam and the interview on the 3rd!

My P4 also arrived yesterday (7/23). Finally, it's all ready to go after this long waiting.

This time I will wear a PINK shirt. I think it should look very nice.

Mei

oooooohh that Chinese wife of mine....

She is so happy to finally know her interview date. I told her 5 days ago the DOS had given us a date. :secret: But did she believe it??? NOPE.

Now I find out that she is suddenly very busy preparing for the intervew. Apparently she . . ....

RECEIVED the 'first 4 parcel' today. (µÚ4¸ö°ü¹ü)

She just doesn't understand how important it is to get all spun up as early as possible. ;)

:blink:

twoinchina,

I can not believe no one said anything... Are you Russian? :blink: :o Perhaps should be at the Russian Embassy???

:P :P :P :P

interesting timeline ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm American and my wife is Russian. We lived in China, Married in China and will do our visa in China. :D

My Avatar is a picture of her at our wedding....isn't she beautiful?

Originally we were given bad information, we were told that foreigners could not marry in China unless one of them was a Chinese citizen.

We couldn't imagine being apart for 12 to 24 months while applying for a fiancee visa, so we decided to live in China together from 2004 to 2009....the destination of international lovers. B)

In March 2009 we found out that was not true so planned a beautiful wedding and was married in Beijing.

I left Beijing June 1, 2009, so we've been apart since then. But we will be back together in August......4ever.

Edited by twoinchina (see edit history)

How is everybody doing, my friends of August interview group?

Getting nervous? Excited?

I am very nervous myself. After being separated from my wife for 7 months, it feels like a life time.

I wouldn't even dare to think of slight possibility of denial of visa. It's just unthinkable.

I have been trying to think about everything I need to do before I fly to China. Visa paper works, work arrangement before this very long one month vacation, travel arrangement in China, etc.

Mei is even more nervous and somewhat scared. She had a horrified experience in Guangzhou for her K-1 denial.

I guess we'll just do our best. May God help us.

Steve & Mei

I am very nervous myself. After being separated from my wife for 7 months, it feels like a life time.

I wouldn't even dare to think of slight possibility of denial of visa. It's just unthinkable.

I have been trying to think about everything I need to do before I fly to China. Visa paper works, work arrangement before this very long one month vacation, travel arrangement in China, etc.

Mei is even more nervous and somewhat scared. She had a horrified experience in Guangzhou for her K-1 denial.

Steve & Mei

I am not really nervous, one reason is that this will be my 4th trip there. The other is that even though it has been 6 months since we were last together, it doesn't seam like it since we talk on the phone or chat everyday and about every other day use the webcam.

I think I will go through my kitchen sink about 100 more times the week before I leave, ha ha ha

Steve & Mei

and if gods attention isn't with us, then :draw: watch out GUZ! :D

Tomorrow or next day Okie2 will let us know their mood, in 2 weeks me, then Dan & Juan. After a long dry spell of CR1 interviews, you will have good information.

I think what sucks is no longer anything to do, or write or interact about.....just wait and not snap out!!

Steve & Mei

and if gods attention isn't with us, then :draw: watch out GUZ! :D

Tomorrow or next day Okie2 will let us know their mood, in 2 weeks me, then Dan & Juan. After a long dry spell of CR1 interviews, you will have good information.

I think what sucks is no longer anything to do, or write or interact about.....just wait and not snap out!!

Getting off work was easy for me, making travel arrangements was easy (if not cheap) Juan will make the GUZ arrangements for her air and our staying there, so now leaves preparation here now, I have been practicing questions, and got letters from our mothers, had her work on a lot of fringe documents and translations, even if we dont use for interview is helpful for her adjustment here, I found a new place to live and spent the day Tuesday starting to move stuff to my storage for staging to move when I get back. I still have to print out so much, I am going to use my days off this week to print out a lot of stuff, and print pictures there always seems to be something else to do.

Steve & Mei

and if gods attention isn't with us, then :lol: watch out GUZ! :P

Getting off work was easy for me, making travel arrangements was easy (if not cheap) Juan will make the GUZ arrangements for her air and our staying there, so now leaves preparation here now, I have been practicing questions, and got letters from our mothers, had her work on a lot of fringe documents and translations, even if we dont use for interview is helpful for her adjustment here, I found a new place to live and spent the day Tuesday starting to move stuff to my storage for staging to move when I get back. I still have to print out so much, I am going to use my days off this week to print out a lot of stuff, and print pictures there always seems to be something else to do.

Hi Dan,

I am happy for you that you got your place.

I have been busy writing the evolution of relationship letter. Have you done it? I also got a neat photo album ready to show.

Everything else is ready to go here.

I will fly to Senyang first and we'll fly down to Guangzhou together on 8/23. I'll attend ACH on 8/24.

Steve & Mei

Everything seems to be falling into place... my wife's interview was scheduled just two weeks prior to my next work trip. I was able to move my work trip up a couple weeks and have the company pick up the airfare! And... I even went so far as to book my wife a seat on my return flight... I know... I know... we are strongly advised against booking our SO's flight until we have "visa in hand". But I was able to book her ticket using frequent flyer miles which, due to my status with United, can be used any time within a year with no fee or penalty... so I had nothing to lose. It's one less thing I'll have to worry about. Plus, I'll be in China for an additional three weeks after the interview (for work), so I'll also have time to wait if, for some reason, the visa is delayed. My wife lives only about an hour and a half (by bus) from Guangzhou, so we don't have any of the logistics/timing issues that many people are faced with. We'll take the bus to Guangzhou first thing Monday morning (8/24) and I'll attend ACH and get my EOR notarized at ACS. I'm not sure where we'll be staying yet, but the plan is to stay in Guangzhou Monday and Tuesday nights, and catch the bus home early Wednesday afternoon with a PINK! We'll return later to pick up the visa.

As far as our moods... I fluctuate from extremely confident to scared out of my mind. Of course, I don't let my wife know that! She is very, very nervous... almost to the point of losing sleep. I've stressed for so long that it would be helpful if she can attempt the interview in English, that I think she thought it was a requirement. When I reassured her that it's perfectly fine to speak Mandarin (especially if she doesn't understand something), she felt a lot more comfortable.

We have no red flags to speak of... perhaps a short time from meeting to marriage (5 months), and not much documentation from the first couple months of our relationship. My biggest concern is that we don't have printed e-mails. We have only rarely e-mailed throughout our relationship, but we have very complete phone records with many calls of well over an hour. We met in person, not over the internet, so I'm hoping that will account for the lack of e-mails in the eyes of the VO. On the other hand, I'll have 12 trips under my belt along with many pictures from our travels around China, as well as pictures with friends and our families together.

Paperwork is all in order. My wife will probably get her medical done next week... then all we'll have left to do is count the days (20!). After nearly 16 months from I-130 submittal, this day has been a long time in coming.