K1 Interview-PINK!!!

zanyi

thanks everyone. I am a law student so I had to use my mom as a financial co sponsor. actually i was confused about whether both parents had to sign or not. in the end my mom's signature alone was enough (its her income we are using since my dad is retired). My fiance said that he gave my mother's and my I-134 to the chinese worker before hs interview. at the interview they only asked who was his sponsor-reply: Fiancee's mother. that was IT! I included so much financial info. since i thought it'd be one of our red flags. I included my mom's stocks, employment letter, a personal letter from my parents both promising to support him and given him money each month, etc, and three years of tax returns, and bank statement. I had my scholarship money info, three years of non-filing verification (Since i haven't worked), and my bank statement. They asked for NONE of that.

I really think that what others have said is true. If your case has some red flags it gives them the incentive scrutinize details. I think they review and have an impression of whether or not you pass before they talk to you. But as others have done, I really front loaded my I-129f including all the things I thought would answer any questions they may have about our sitaution in particular. We got the african american woman that many have said usually gives blue/white. but my fiance said although she was stern she was nice at the end when she kept congratulating him as he thanked her and had a big smile.

we had so much stuff that they didnt look at including proof that I studied at the same school as my fiance before or my passport copy or proof I flew there (all this stuff was included with I-129f) or three notarized letters that our mutula friends wrote about us. nor did they ask for communication proof or anything (my fiance speaks english at the interview-but we communicate in 3 languages together). Nor was age brought up, we are both in our 20s. we also had lots of pictures sicne I went two time and stayed for almost a year each time-100 in total. she flipped through them all.

All in all I think it is a good idea to bring as much info as you can with you just in case, always err on the side of too much info. We had an 8lbs folding file with 7 folders and he put it on the desk to make sure the VO saw it.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me or reply on this thread if you have questions! I really appreciate the help that candle has been and I want to return the favors!!!

oh btw Joanna-my fiance in China is the guy, I am the girl :unsure: unusual but true....

Guest WenDylan

Thank you for sharing this info. I will use a co-sponsor as well, but I think I will include both my parents. My father makes more than my step-mother. They filed their taxes together, however my father just quit his job and started a new one, so I am hoping that doesn't effect anything. Just in case, I will keep both my parents who are willing to help. I am just on that 17K limit, since I recently just graduated college this past year in 2007, and I focused on that the years prior.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

So!!!

another law student and us girl married to/engaged to Chinese man!

There are only 4 of us (US woman married/engaged to Chinese man) here..a rare species all in all I've found. :D

contact me, i'd love to chat and see pics!!!

:D

(will be applying to law school next semester)!....well, depending...haha, first our baby will be born...then... I am sure I'll have to wait a bit until she is about 6 months or 1 year. not sure yet...but looking for an appropriate law school as we speak.

thanks everyone. I am a law student so I had to use my mom as a financial co sponsor. actually i was confused about whether both parents had to sign or not. in the end my mom's signature alone was enough (its her income we are using since my dad is retired). My fiance said that he gave my mother's and my I-134 to the chinese worker before hs interview. at the interview they only asked who was his sponsor-reply: Fiancee's mother. that was IT! I included so much financial info. since i thought it'd be one of our red flags. I included my mom's stocks, employment letter, a personal letter from my parents both promising to support him and given him money each month, etc, and three years of tax returns, and bank statement. I had my scholarship money info, three years of non-filing verification (Since i haven't worked), and my bank statement. They asked for NONE of that.

I really think that what others have said is true. If your case has some red flags it gives them the incentive scrutinize details. I think they review and have an impression of whether or not you pass before they talk to you. But as others have done, I really front loaded my I-129f including all the things I thought would answer any questions they may have about our sitaution in particular. We got the african american woman that many have said usually gives blue/white. but my fiance said although she was stern she was nice at the end when she kept congratulating him as he thanked her and had a big smile.

we had so much stuff that they didnt look at including proof that I studied at the same school as my fiance before or my passport copy or proof I flew there (all this stuff was included with I-129f) or three notarized letters that our mutula friends wrote about us. nor did they ask for communication proof or anything (my fiance speaks english at the interview-but we communicate in 3 languages together). Nor was age brought up, we are both in our 20s. we also had lots of pictures sicne I went two time and stayed for almost a year each time-100 in total. she flipped through them all.

All in all I think it is a good idea to bring as much info as you can with you just in case, always err on the side of too much info. We had an 8lbs folding file with 7 folders and he put it on the desk to make sure the VO saw it.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me or reply on this thread if you have questions! I really appreciate the help that candle has been and I want to return the favors!!!

oh btw Joanna-my fiance in China is the guy, I am the girl :) unusual but true....