George Clooney at odds with China's policy

Guest Tony n Terrific

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. He's using his celebrity and whatever clout that may muster to try and save lives for crying out loud.

China is in a position to put pressure on Sudan because of their influence in the region through extensive trade there. The opportunities to put any economic or political pressure on China come few and far between. Like it or not,the Olympics happen to afford one of those opportunities.

This isn't the first Olympics that's been used to put pressure of one kind or another on the host country and it won't be the last. It's part of the price you pay to get the potential cash cow and public relations stage for your country that is the Olympic Games.

Does it make it a little uncomfortable for us because of our unique ties to China? Of course. But what's going on in Darfur should make everyone uncomfortable. That's the whole point.

I've never understood the American fascination with celebrities... :) But you won't get away from it by going to China...if anything it's even worse there... :o
Celebs are the modern day Royals to many people. And Yes, China is IMHO worse than the USA when it comes to them.

I've never understood the American fascination with celebrities... :D But you won't get away from it by going to China...if anything it's even worse there... :unsure:

Because when Im in China,its Mel Gibson/Tom Cruise/George Clooney they say I look like.

Always one of those guys.

Its not just me I bet.

I've never understood the American fascination with celebrities... ;) But you won't get away from it by going to China...if anything it's even worse there... :unsure:

Because when Im in China,its Mel Gibson/Tom Cruise/George Clooney they say I look like.

Its not just me I bet.

:D :(

I've never understood the American fascination with celebrities... :huh: But you won't get away from it by going to China...if anything it's even worse there... :lol:

Its not just me I bet.

Family thought I was Bond... James Bond. :ph34r: