And then there was light......

5pm, I check my answering machine noticing the little red light flashing. Little did I know the voice of god was on my machine, well.. pretty close. [PLAY MESSAGE] [“message 1 at 2:35pm”] . Mr.x, this is Andrew Simpkin, Please call be back at so en so [bEEP]

At that moment, wonder, shock, worry, excitement and more worry rushes thru my brain like a shaken soda can. I then begin to kick myself in my ass for missing the call and its been 2 ½ hours since past. I decided to call back just because. I just had to. So I use my new long distance phone card and it doesn’t seem to work. I growl for a minute causeing my dog to look at me strangely. So then I just decided to call directly. Rinnng.. Rinnng, Rinnnng, Rinnng, .. “Hello?” (the only government official I know who doesn’t say “this is so en so”)

I was so surprised he was there. It was already 8pm EST on a Friday! And Mr. Simpkin just happened to be working late. He recognized me right away and knew who I was. And then he spoke these eternal words. “ Well it seems your fiancée… ummm, xxx.. xxxx… (silence) I said “yes? My WIFE , xxx xxxx. “ yes he said, it seems her clearance was sent out today to Guangzhou”

[black Out]

the next thing I was thinking before I could even enjoy the sweet moment was “get the cable number, get the cable number, ….get it!!!” He beat me to it and said well let me get the cable number for you. Ill have to run it thru the computer.. hmmm, it could take about 5 minutes, do you wanna call me be back?” I hesitated but said sure. I said ok, talk to you soon.”

After that I walked to my empty living room and sat down on the couch in a daze and started to cry. 5 minutes, I cried. No words, just tears. In that 5 minutes every flash back of doubt, denial, automated responses, form letters, unreturned phone calls ran thru my mind. Then the image of my wife and I driving home from the airport after just picking her up. The sun up, the windows down, happy…

This news comes to me exactly 368 days ago when I last saw my wife. I’m trying to believe it still. But that’s part of the healing process.

In the last year, I have sent countless letters to multiple member in Consular Affairs, senators, congressmen, Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Complaints, countless emails to multiple member in Consular affairs, FBI, Senators, Congressmen, (in and out of my state), Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Complaints, 50 different news reporters (Times, Washington post, USA today, Daily News, CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS), 2 attempts to the ACLU, I’ve spoken to 2 attorneys, Daily faxing sprees, combed thru the code of federal regulation, public law, immigration and nationally act, U.S. Code, as well as the Foreign Affairs Manual, emails to the President, VP, and first lady.. Did any of this help? No. I just know a lot more about the US government now and the law for visa’s. yah!

Honestly the only thing that has helped is having a contact in the place that controls your case. For me it was having a contact in Consular Affairs (Thank you Mr. Simpkin for calling) and also one in the Consulate in Guangzhou who out or much respect and admiration I must keep anonymous.

To any one who helped write letters on my wife's (sbs) and I behalf, you can cease any pending ones. I can't thank you enough for your efforts. Just thank you thank you. And thank you candle for just being what you are today.

Today my life was returned

Today was a good day

Honey It makes me cry again after i read your post. I am soo soo happy that our case is finally cleared.

Yeah We wanna say thank you to PJ, Wolf, Argyle,rfsun, christy,R2D2, Mick, donahso... just too many people have helped us and We really wanna say thank you to all of you.

I really believe that this is time to all of our on holded people. Please never give up hope. God bless you all

My Heartfelt Congratulations to Both of You! :lol:

I hope that you will enjoy a long and happy life together!

Let's not forget the rest of us who are still waiting though. I truly believe that our combined efforts have resulted in clearances for many of us in the recent weeks. Let's continue to work together and leave no one behind.

Best Wishes

Congratulations to you both,

Ella's Interview was Nov. 18th also. I was lucky enough to get her here with me March 12th. We have seen many people not make it through these hard times. But look at all of the great people here at Candle that have helped each other through these times. Ella is setting here next to me and she said your words make her cry. We are so happy for you both. And we pray for all of those of you still on hold and for all of those of you still waiting.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis :lol: :redblob: :greenblob: :lol: :redblob:

Let's not forget the rest of us who are still waiting though.  I truly believe that our combined efforts have resulted in clearances for many of us in the recent weeks.  Let's continue to work together and leave no one behind.

You are right let us fight until all of us are out of this black hole!!

We really understand how everyone is suffering here and we will try our best to help

:)

you found someone who is helpful and you are keeping the name secret from others who may need help?  Yeah, thats the spirit.  Good show!

sanfranman8

i think you misunderstood what we meant. People in GZ consulate can't do anything about your case if it has been holded by FBI. We could only be told if they recieve our case clearance or not.

That is why we kept writing emails to DOS and CA because they are the ones who might be able to put press on FBI. I think most of people here will agree with us.