Spread sheet is now updated and looks great !!

Called DOS this morning, no wait at all, but no change in status yet.

Amy, where are you ??? We have not heard from you in a few days now.

Did you get moved and did you get your DS and OF forms mailed in to Shamian Is. ???? :)

I was murdered by GUZ b/c I worried and complained too much, haha. They don't read this, do they? =P

<_< :ph34r: :D :P :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, yes they do read much of this.

Next, it took a PM and two posts to you, however, I am happy to see you finally found this thread, on your own, 12 hours later !! :ph34r: <_<

Also, finally got through to DOS a few minutes ago and no change in status for my petition. As a K-3 filer, I think mine will follow your timeline more close than the K-1's ?? Will start calling again next week.

Fine, I deleted it. GUZ has no sense of humor. =( Apparently, Mark was scared too. hahaha!

Why do they get time to read our threads??? I thought they're extremely under staffed to work on our papers??? @_@

Yes, I think your timeline will be close to mine as well. But the CNY should have also delayed yours?

Next, it took a PM and two posts to you, however, I am happy to see you finally found this thread, on your own, 12 hours later !! :ph34r: <_<

Also, finally got through to DOS a few minutes ago and no change in status for my petition. As a K-3 filer, I think mine will follow your timeline more close than the K-1's ?? Will start calling again next week.

Fine, I deleted it. GUZ has no sense of humor. =( Apparently, Mark was scared too. hahaha!

Why do they get time to read our threads??? I thought they're extremely under staffed to work on our papers??? @_@

Yes, I think your timeline will be close to mine as well. But the CNY should have also delayed yours?

Yes, at this stage of the process, I think most of us will be impacted by the loss of processing time during that holiday.

Next, Mark was not 'scared'. You just provided him a quick opportunity to add another point to his point count, in his quest for another silver-thingie, onroute to his larger quest for his first gold thingie !!

Me, I am happy with my average of 2.2 posts per day. Substanative posts as well, I might add. :D

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

"02/22/08: Express Mailed my $100 contribution to the GUZ employees coffee/donut fund today" <-- Tell me you didn't... :ph34r:

<_< :ph34r: :D :P

Just an Updated Timeline

I have read your timeline several times, and I am somewhat confused and am not able to really understand the last three date entries on your timeline ??

I am not sure if it is because of the format you use to show dates, or if it is some confusion in terminology, or in the actual information presented ??

I think you are saying that you had your file exit the NVC on February 12th; then it is not so clear (to me anyway) what has happened after that ??? B)

Guest Rob & Jin

Just an Updated Timeline

I have read your timeline several times, and I am somewhat confused and am not able to really understand the last three date entries on your timeline ??

I am not sure if it is because of the format you use to show dates, or if it is some confusion in terminology, or in the actual information presented ??

I think you are saying that you had your file exit the NVC on February 12th; then it is not so clear (to me anyway) what has happened after that ??? B)

Probably electonically received " loaded"

Oh no change for us either today B)

Next, it took a PM and two posts to you, however, I am happy to see you finally found this thread, on your own, 12 hours later !! :) :o

Yes, at this stage of the process, I think most of us will be impacted by the loss of processing time during that holiday.

Next, Mark was not 'scared'. You just provided him a quick opportunity to add another point to his point count, in his quest for another silver-thingie, onroute to his larger quest for his first gold thingie !!

Me, I am happy with my average of 2.2 posts per day. Substanative posts as well, I might add. :)

Oh Roger I just offer my words of guidance and wisdom upon the CFL masses. Besides, you and Rob are easy to give jabs to, now Amy on the other hand..................... :) :(

When we get pink on 3/13 the Mrs. and daughter will step foot on US soil 3/27..............them me be busy!!!!!!!!!!

Just an Updated Timeline

I think you are saying that you had your file exit the NVC on February 12th; then it is not so clear (to me anyway) what has happened after that ??? :lol:

Hi Roger,

The orginal notice was dated 31 Jan 08, also submitted a email inquiry, that's what you see of the 12th entry is the (loaded electronic entry). Based on me expeirence, it's better to wait and call DOS in the afternoon, I got no help when calling in the morning only to be told it would be 2 to 4 months. I was told today that the hard copy of the file was received in GUZ on 4 Feb 08. I know that doesn't mean anything other than it is their in the warehouse, but at least there is a base reference point.

Just an Updated Timeline

I think you are saying that you had your file exit the NVC on February 12th; then it is not so clear (to me anyway) what has happened after that ??? :lol:

Hi Roger,

The orginal notice was dated 31 Jan 08, also submitted a email inquiry, that's what you see of the 12th entry is the (loaded electronic entry). Based on me expeirence, it's better to wait and call DOS in the afternoon, I got no help when calling in the morning only to be told it would be 2 to 4 months. I was told today that the hard copy of the file was received in GUZ on 4 Feb 08. I know that doesn't mean anything other than it is their in the warehouse, but at least there is a base reference point.

Hey, if you are happy, then that is all that matters. :lol:

I think many here will be envious, when observing that after having your file logged into the NVC, and the GUZ # issued on Jan. 31st, the day before the New Year¡¯s holiday; your file, then went through all the other steps in the process and arrived at GUZ, only four days later, on Feb. 4th. :P

Guest Rob & Jin

I dont think he means the paper copy is received and case is now "open" of course I could be wrong :lol: if it was really received and opened on Feb 4th then he should have P-3 by now. :P

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Hi All,

CSC notice approved 16 Jan 08, NVC approved notice dtd 31 Jan 08. Contained with this letter from the NVC, states "that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where the visa interview will take place".

We all know snail-mail takes time to recieve, like 5 to 7 days coming from any of these two entities. The basis from my call yesterday to DOS, assuming I wasn't given any mis-information, the hard-copy of the petition was received in GUZ 4 Feb 08. DHL doesn't ship Ground to China, so it is possible that the real file is there. We all know their is at least a 70 to 90 day wait for the P3 packet to be sent out. I'm thinking my lao Po should hear or recieve the P3 on or about 15 to 18 April 08.

Next, it took a PM and two posts to you, however, I am happy to see you finally found this thread, on your own, 12 hours later !! :o ;)

Me, I am happy with my average of 2.2 posts per day. Substanative posts as well, I might add. B)

Oh Roger I just offer my words of guidance and wisdom upon the CFL masses. Besides, you and Rob are easy to give jabs to, now Amy on the other hand..................... B) ;)

When we get pink on 3/13 the Mrs. and daughter will step foot on US soil 3/27..............them me be busy!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Mark, we are into March now, and only a little over a week until their interview !!! That two week wait for them to arrive will be the toughest part !!! :D

Yea', I think between your woman and daughter, who will both need a lot of focus and attention, as well as your boys with their sports etc, you will not have too much time for CFL !! It might be awhile before you get that first gold thingie ?? B)

I have already enrolled my daughter in the nearby middle school, as they have to order the special books for her (Chinese/English) in [advance] and only after they have an enrollment form, due to the State's budget crunch and less money for schools. Only needed her notarized birth certificate, which I had. They said it was against state law, to inquire as to her immigration status, so did not need a copy of her passport or a visa !! :lol: :)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)