I'm calling DOS from China, its about 3rmb a minute:( My internet is so slow and unreliable here i dont think i can use skype. Anyone notice a certain day of the week when GUZ updates cases? a pattern or something?

You've gotten ripped off... My phone card calling the U.S. is only 0.3rmb/min! So I don't feel too bad every time DOS makes me wait for 15 mins. This phone card I got is for calling the U.S. and Canada, by China Telecom.

holy crap thats cheap!!! so can i get one from any store that has the china telecom banner outside? i might have to take a bus to the city and get a few of those hehe. I've spent enough on phone bills in china for the last 2 years to buy a chinese made motorcycle :yay:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob & Jin

I am very nervous! :D

I like to have all prepared.

She will go to Medical 1 week before interview.

Then I will meet her the next day! :yikes:

Very excited!!!!!!!

Good luck with the interview- think pink :D

holy crap thats cheap!!! so can i get one from any store that has the china telecom banner outside? i might have to take a bus to the city and get a few of those hehe. I've spent enough on phone bills in china for the last 2 years to buy a chinese made motorcycle :harhar1:

I bought them at a phone card booth on the street. There's phone card booth everywhere in Shanghai. I'm not sure of the place you live. You just ask them which phone card has the best deal calling the U.S., and they'll give recommendations. I think even calling with a regular cell phone with no speciall calling plans, it's only 1 something rmb/min, don't know why yours came down so much! Good luck! And not another motorcycle... ;-)

holy crap thats cheap!!! so can i get one from any store that has the china telecom banner outside? i might have to take a bus to the city and get a few of those hehe. I've spent enough on phone bills in china for the last 2 years to buy a chinese made motorcycle :D

I bought them at a phone card booth on the street. There's phone card booth everywhere in Shanghai. I'm not sure of the place you live. You just ask them which phone card has the best deal calling the U.S., and they'll give recommendations. I think even calling with a regular cell phone with no speciall calling plans, it's only 1 something rmb/min, don't know why yours came down so much! Good luck! And not another motorcycle... ;-)

yeh i'm pretty sure they wont have it in this town. From what i heard i'm the second American to come by these parts ;) One old guy from the village here said "wow Americans look just like chinese" when he first met me. Someone also asked me how long the bus ride was from America to here :)

yeh i'm pretty sure they wont have it in this town. From what i heard i'm the second American to come by these parts :lol: One old guy from the village here said "wow Americans look just like chinese" when he first met me. Someone also asked me how long the bus ride was from America to here :crazy:

well, are you Chinese American? Is this your baby in the picture? He doesn't look mixed... =P My husband is Chinese American.

yeh i'm pretty sure they wont have it in this town. From what i heard i'm the second American to come by these parts B) One old guy from the village here said "wow Americans look just like chinese" when he first met me. Someone also asked me how long the bus ride was from America to here :crazy:

well, are you Chinese American? Is this your baby in the picture? He doesn't look mixed... =P My husband is Chinese American.

Yep, thats my son in the pic :lol: I was born in Guangdong, but i left for America when i was 5.

Don't forget guys PM or post your P-3/4 updates today :)

just wondering rob....how much fuel left in the plane circling GUZ?.....surely must be running on fumes for a few of us now

Day 100 for me. Call DOS, status is only loaded. Hopefully the plane is a blip on the rader for the control tower, and will be landing soon.

Don't forget guys PM or post your P-3/4 updates today ;)

just wondering rob....how much fuel left in the plane circling GUZ?.....surely must be running on fumes for a few of us now

Day 100 for me. Call DOS, status is only loaded. Hopefully the plane is a blip on the rader for the control tower, and will be landing soon.

I heard the Airforce awarded a $40 billion contract to airbus for tankers. Hope its not for us :lol:

Yep, thats my son in the pic :lol: I was born in Guangdong, but i left for America when i was 5.

Oh, no wonder you look "exactly the same" as local Chinese then, haha. My husband Doug is similar to you. He was born in Taiwan and went to the U.S. when he was 3. And your son's very cute and happy looking. =)

Yan has talked to the nice people at the TianYu Garden. So , I think we are staying there.

I will arrive on April 4. And go to ACH on monday the 7th. I'm hoping I can derail any "Red Flags" that we might have. Although I cannot imagine why they would deny us our happiness.

All of these "Blue Slips" I've seen lately are making me nervous.

We can only pray for the "PINK" :D