PAYING THE VISA FEE:

If this is a K-interview, your SO will pay for a non-immigrant visa application fee prior to pickup of the medical envelope. The fee is paid via a local branch of CITIC bank. She should take her interview appointment letter along, the bank clerk will know the correct amount. It is around US$100. She will receive two receipts, one to keep, one to be sealed with rest of her documents by the doctor at the physical exam hospital for later handing over to GUZ.

Thanks a lot, Rob! Where did you find it? hehe...

1 more question: what does this - "prior to pickup of the medical envelope" mean? Does that mean before I make a medical appointment for the physical exam? weird wording... @_@

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob & Jin

PAYING THE VISA FEE:

If this is a K-interview, your SO will pay for a non-immigrant visa application fee prior to pickup of the medical envelope. The fee is paid via a local branch of CITIC bank. She should take her interview appointment letter along, the bank clerk will know the correct amount. It is around US$100. She will receive two receipts, one to keep, one to be sealed with rest of her documents by the doctor at the physical exam hospital for later handing over to GUZ.

Thanks a lot, Rob! Where did you find it? hehe...

1 more question: what does this - "prior to pickup of the medical envelope" mean? Does that mean before I make a medical appointment for the physical exam? weird wording... @_@

It means you pay it before you pick up the envelope after the medical is done(YOU CAN PAY ANYTIME AFTER YOU HAVE p-4). they put the receipt in the envelope seal it, then give it to you to take to the interview(well thats my understanding).

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

It means you pay it before you pick up the envelope after the medical is done(YOU CAN PAY ANYTIME AFTER YOU HAVE p-4). they put the receipt in the envelope seal it, then give it to you to take to the interview(well thats my understanding).

you don't get the medical result envelope right after the physical and have to go back to the hospital to pick it up after a few days? So how many days before the interview should I plan to have this physical???!!! Do need to prepare all the documents to bring to the physical though. Gee, I can't believe how "Efficient" GUZ people are, make those doctors review visa forms for them. @_@

Guest Rob & Jin

you don't get the medical result envelope right after the physical and have to go back to the hospital to pick it up after a few days? So how many days before the interview should I plan to have this physical???!!! Do need to prepare all the documents to bring to the physical though. Gee, I can't believe how "Efficient" GUZ people are, make those doctors review visa forms for them. @_@

My guess is it takes time to get lab resuts back.

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Ne...Index_New2.html

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Amy, is the flower just too tight or are you getting nervous??

My feng took the train to GZU about 10 days before the interview, paid the fees, and got her medical all in the same day, so relax.

Anything else just PM me and will try to help anyway I can. We get back to the USA, Sunday at 2:20 Chicago time!! :cheering:

Does anyone have an estimate of time between P3 return and interview date? I understand it's difficult to be exact, but what's a good guesstimate? ..........

I hope that more P3 come through....... I think soon!!! Thanks to everyone who take their time to keep the information flowing!!

Does anyone have an estimate of time between P3 return and interview date? I understand it's difficult to be exact, but what's a good guesstimate? ..........

I hope that more P3 come through....... I think soon!!! Thanks to everyone who take their time to keep the information flowing!!

iray, look at my time line, a few days shy of 2 months after we returned the P-3 back to GZU!!

A few have been even quicker, you got the early and late part of the month thing going on!!

Mark and feng!! :cheering:

Guest Rob & Jin

Rough estimate on P-3 return to interview is 1-2 months.

My feng took the train to GZU about 10 days before the interview, paid the fees, and got her medical all in the same day, so relax.

Anything else just PM me and will try to help anyway I can. We get back to the USA, Sunday at 2:20 Chicago time!! :toot:

Yes, BOTH. =( I didn't expect the interview to be this soon, but of course I AM thrilled that it's this soon. haha... But thanks, I will PM you if I need any help. =)

Here's 1 question, Feng had a Thurs. interview, when was her visa ready to be picked up? My interview's on a Wed, I'm trying to book the tickets. do you think going there on Tues. morning is not too late? (I'm doing both the medical and visa fee in SH.) And will visa be ready to pick up by Sat. morning? See, I'm already thinking PINK and will ONLY accept pink. ;-)

Guest Rob & Jin

Anything else just PM me and will try to help anyway I can. We get back to the USA, Sunday at 2:20 Chicago time!! :)

Yes, BOTH. =( I didn't expect the interview to be this soon, but of course I AM thrilled that it's this soon. haha... But thanks, I will PM you if I need any help. =)

Here's 1 question, Feng had a Thurs. interview, when was her visa ready to be picked up? My interview's on a Wed, I'm trying to book the tickets. do you think going there on Tues. morning is not too late? (I'm doing both the medical and visa fee in SH.) And will visa be ready to pick up by Sat. morning? See, I'm already thinking PINK and will ONLY accept pink. ;-)

According to their timeline in the spreadshheet, interview was 3/13- pick up was 3/16

Anything else just PM me and will try to help anyway I can. We get back to the USA, Sunday at 2:20 Chicago time!! :)

Well Amy that is cutting it pretty close??

My feng got her visa on Sunday after the Thursday interview, took the two hour train ride five times to make sure everything was just right!!

If you read the other "pink stories" 3 questions seems to be a theme!!

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! B)

Anything else just PM me and will try to help anyway I can. We get back to the USA, Sunday at 2:20 Chicago time!! B)

According to their timeline in the spreadshheet, interview was 3/13- pick up was 3/16

Something like that Rob....................... :cheering: :P :P :P :P :)

My feng got her visa on Sunday after the Thursday interview, took the two hour train ride five times to make sure everything was just right!!

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :(

3 questions? 3 days?

but 3/16 was a sunday, isn't EMS not open on Sundays? I was asking that just because she went to pick up on 3/16, didn't necessarily mean it wasn't ready on Sat, 3/15, maybe it was just because she was in Shenzhen so couldn't go as soon as the visa was ready to be picked up.

So after the Wed. interview, I should book the Sunday flight back just to be safe, huh? But EMS doesn't open on Sunday! no???

Going to Guangzhou on Tues. morning isn't too late? What preparations did you have to do when you guys got there, Mark? Stayed at Mr. Yang's or other place?

Edited by AmyAndDoug (see edit history)

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! B)

3 questions? 3 days?

but 3/16 was a sunday, isn't EMS not open on Sundays? I was asking that just because she went to pick up on 3/16, didn't necessarily mean it wasn't ready on Sat, 3/15, maybe it was just because she was in Shenzhen so couldn't go as soon as the visa was ready to be picked up.

So after the Wed. interview, I should book the Sunday flight back just to be safe, huh? But EMS doesn't open on Sunday! no???

Going to Guangzhou on Tues. morning isn't too late? What preparations did you have to do when you guys got there, Mark? Stayed at Mr. Yang's or other place?

She got it on Sunday Amy!!

Stayed at other place............

B) :ph34r: