Do you call your gal by her Chinese name or her English name?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ping asked me to pick an english name for her! What a hysterical task that was.... We settled on Renee (for renew!). We just couldn't get used to it. "Ping" is so cute and has a snap to it - fits her personality. We abandoned Renee last month. Her Daughter preferrs her english name from class - Suzy. Good thing too. I butcher Yanyue every time.

Now that we settled on Ping - do I have to sell my golf clubs? :)

Nope, just remember your golf clubs are named after a great lady that you love. :D

Glad you could join us here on CFL.........

Both, sort of...

Her Chinese name is WeiZhen, pronounced 'Way Jen'.

I call her Zhen 'Jen'.

But more often than not I call her Honey or Sweetheart. :ph34r:

Do you call your gal by her English or Chinese name?

Which does she prefer?

I call her what her parents call her, 'YanYan' - it's a shortened then doubled version of her name.

My wife has an English name, Isabel, and I call her Izzy for short, but I am the only one allowed to call her Izzy. I gave her that nickname when I met her

I'm in the habit of referring to her Chinese name to all my family and friends, which allows them to get more used to her Chinese name.

My Lao Po is Hongxia. (Hong-shia) in the Mandarin pronunciation. I do not use, nor care for, the Cantonese pronunciation. Her name means ¡®Sunset-Glow¡¯. Note: Even though she was raised in GZ, her family is from BJ and she speaks both dialects fluently.

She has no English name, nor desires one. Nor do I shorten her name.

I use her given name most. I sometimes use her traditional full name, family name first and then her given name.

I also call her my baby, my sweetie, my sweetheart, my darling, my honey, my woman, and also my Lao Po.

She calls me mostly, my man, Roger, and my Lao Gong, in that order.

She has a sensual way of saying my name, that no other woman, before in my life, was ever able to duplicate. I love hearing her soft, accented voice pronounce my name.

My love for this woman, grows every day.

She is so amazing.

Both, sort of...

Her Chinese name is WeiZhen, pronounced 'Way Jen'.

I call her Zhen 'Jen'.

But more often than not I call her Honey or Sweetheart. :D

Does she let you call her Sweetheart in public? :lol:

Yea, sure, all the time. I just showed her this & she reminded me that I really don't even call her Zhen all that often (unless I'm talking to someone else on the phone & say "Zhen says Hi"). Honey or sweetheart is used almost exclusively in public. She just told me she likes it a lot, so that's :blink: !

My wife's Chinese name in pinyin is 'Rong' and the English name she picked when she was in China was Wendy.

Now she prefers to be called by her Chinese name so that is the name I call her.

Of course I do call her "Honey" or laopo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ping asked me to pick an english name for her! What a hysterical task that was.... We settled on Renee (for renew!). We just couldn't get used to it. "Ping" is so cute and has a snap to it - fits her personality. We abandoned Renee last month. Her Daughter preferrs her english name from class - Suzy. Good thing too. I butcher Yanyue every time.

Now that we settled on Ping - do I have to sell my golf clubs? <_<

I was given the same task my first time in China so I came up with Jennifer.

As for what I call her? Jennifer or Jenny, Yunhe(yun her), Panda, or Sweetheart. Depends on the ocasion and mood.

I've been callin' the lil' rabbit...lil' rabbit for so long now, and since she really likes that name, we've decided we may change her name to lil' rabbit for her SS card, etc.

tsap seui

Kun wants me to pick an English name for her. I told her that I liked her name, but I would support her decision. I think she is a little worried people might laugh at her name (pronounced Coon as in Raccoon). I don't think she has anything to worry about, but I picked out 3 English names that I really like and I think suit her well. She can decide which one she likes best.

Yes but babe, chick, and ball and chain do not count!! :pilot: :rotfl:

Kun wants me to pick an English name for her. I told her that I liked her name, but I would support her decision. I think she is a little worried people might laugh at her name (pronounced Coon as in Raccoon). I don't think she has anything to worry about, but I picked out 3 English names that I really like and I think suit her well. She can decide which one she likes best.

Yes but babe, chick, and ball and chain do not count!! :pilot: :rotfl:

D'oh! I guess I'll have to start over B)

You will have to change her name I guess!!

Honey would you "kun" over here and help me??

Just kidding you are very lucky like most of the us here!! B)