Here in GZ

Guest Long_strider

Guest Long_strider

We finished the interview yesterday with only one glitch. We left the 157 form at her parent's home. We had five inches of paperwork, documentation, pictures, etc. They allowed her to complete another (2 in English and 2 in Chinese) in the Consulate. Another woman who was also there for her K-1 interview helpped Yuqing to answer some of the more difficult questions in English. Unfortunately this woman was not successfull in her interview. Apparently they had very little documentation of their meeting. We were sad to see this happen. We did say hello to Randy and his MM. They have already posted that they passed the interview.

Yuqing's interview was relatively short. They asked a few questions. The interviewing officer used a Chinese translator for most of the process. However, during the interview he conducted the questioning in English. The questions he asked were...

1. When did you meet your fiance?

2. How many times has he been to China?

3. When did he visit China?

4. He has been married before?

5. Has he met your family?

6. What does he do for work?

She went in about 7:30 am and came out at 10 am. She had a slip of paper that said.....

"Come back at 4 to pick up the visa."

She went in again at 4 pm and came out at 5 pm with the visa in her hand and a smile on her face.

We will return on Sunday after a special dinner with her family.

Yuqing and I wish to thank all of you for your help and support.

P.S. the house is clean! (I hope).

:lol: :D :P

Congratulations Mi!!! Bing and I are very happy for you. I am looking forward to meeting you both once you get back to Portland and get settled in. If you need a ride home from the airport let me know.

Carl

A big, heartfelt congratulations. Your insight and contributions to the board have been greatly appreciated. I hope all goes well for both of you in the future and hope also to see your posts on the board often.

:lol: :D :P :angel:

Guest Long_strider

There doesn't appear to be any big concern about SARS here in GZ. They take your temperature when you arrive at the airport. They may give you a mask before you leave the airplane. But hardly anyone seems to be wearing masks or concerned. This is my fourth trip here and always some people wear masks. There are also some greater controls on some of the food in the resturants and markets. No cats for sale.

The weather is quite hot and humid today!. It will only get hotter through the next two months.

Wishing you well!

There doesn't appear to be any big concern about SARS here in GZ.  They take your temperature when you arrive at the airport.  They may give you a mask before you leave the airplane.  But hardly anyone seems to be wearing masks or concerned.  This is my fourth trip here and always some people wear masks.  There are also some greater controls on some of the food in the resturants and markets.  No cats for sale.

The weather is quite hot and humid today!.  It will only get hotter through the next two months.

Wishing you well!

Wish I were there with you. It is just a short hop-1 hour to Nanning, my favorite place in the world. :lol: