Here is a thought

Wow, everybody. Now it is great to see the forum back to full speed again.

Can we do some demonstration in front of FBI/DOS office? I mean peacefully of course :-) Like 5 - 6 people showed up for hald a day or so?

Just a wild thought.

Ditto, good to see some action too. :redblob: :greenblob:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the publishing baron Rupert Murdoch. Isn't he married to a Chinese woman? :(  :(

Mick, to my untrained eye he appears to be part of the problem way more than the solution. His own stated idealism viewed in context together with the documented criticism of his own editors begs for a better choice.

A good idea avastar, yes, it would be great to find a symphatetic celebrity for sure.

Daniel

Hey guys and gals I think we are moving in the right direction. I have had an additional thought. Would it be possible to find a spokesperson from the entertainment industry to plead our cause? Someone like Tim Robbins or Susan Sarandon , I don't always like their politics, but when they speak people listen. Or maybe a Chinese spokesperson like Jackie Chan or Jet Li or Michelle Yeoh or Zhang ZiYi or even Ang Lee, some one who would be recognizable to the american public. Or can anyone think of an "A" list actor/actress married to someone with a Chinese background. Just a thought.  :)

How about the publishing baron Rupert Murdoch. Isn't he married to a Chinese woman? :( :(

Then, of course, there is always Yao Ming. He seemed to get a visa pretty fast. :(

The point is these people may not be interested in doing this at all. Or their brokers will first stand up to stop us. What they care more is the benefit or attention from the public. Also even if they also have chinese background, probably, theirs would be done very fast . They and their conscience would have no reason to criticise anything on this point.

A unified action to write a letter or fax should be better first to be done.

Sarah

Hey guys and gals I think we are moving in the right direction. I have had an additional thought. Would it be possible to find a spokesperson from the entertainment industry to plead our cause? Someone like Tim Robbins or Susan Sarandon , I don't always like their politics, but when they speak people listen. Or maybe a Chinese spokesperson like Jackie Chan or Jet Li or Michelle Yeoh or Zhang ZiYi or even Ang Lee, some one who would be recognizable to the american public. Or can anyone think of an "A" list actor/actress married to someone with a Chinese background. Just a thought.  :)

How about the publishing baron Rupert Murdoch. Isn't he married to a Chinese woman? :( :)

Then, of course, there is always Yao Ming. He seemed to get a visa pretty fast. :(

The point is these people may not be interested in doing this at all. Or their brokers will first stand up to stop us. What they care more is the benefit or attention from the public. Also even if they also have chinese background, probably, theirs would be done very fast . They and their conscience would have no reason to criticise anything on this point.

A unified action to write a letter or fax should be better first to be done.

Sarah

Good point Sarah. :(

Guest blsqueaky

Mick, you might have hit on something with Yao. While I was in GZ, he participated in a large benifit in Beijing to help with the SARS cases and from what I remember, the people sure did listen to him. But now how would you contact him.

Mick, you might have hit on something with Yao. While I was in GZ, he participated in a large benifit in Beijing to help with the SARS cases and from what I remember, the people sure did listen to him.  But now how would you contact him.

I wouldn't thing Yau Ming is in a good position to be taking any stance critical to the U.S. government. I'm sure he can easily take public stances on social issues, but he's still, to my knowledge, a guest in the U.S. It would certainly not behoove his career at this point to get into any political debates, U.S. or Chinese.

I'm sure the BCIS is well aware that they have that guy by the (basket)balls. :(

Sorry people , but I can't figure out the quote.

Sarah36, I'm sorry , but I don't necessarily agree. You could be right about many of them. However, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon are very politically active, and there are others, and both took a black eye over the war in Iraq. They may be looking for just the right opportunity to get back at this republican regime. And this is a good emotional story that could get them plenty of press and attention from the public.

Nothing is wrong with the unified letter or fax, but it has been tried with mixed success. Why not try something new also, how much harder would it be to write a second unified letter appealing to someone who has the media and the public's eye. I don't see were it would hurt. And I can guarantee they would have more compassion about our heartache than anyone in the government anywhere so far to date.

Also, sorry guys, but I agree Yao Ming does not carry much credibilty, but I bet Jackie Chan does.

Guest blsqueaky

Hello Everyone, would you mind if I ask might what be a dumb question? I have already probably read the answer somewhere at some time, but just to refresh. Why if every service center is run under the same supposedly same govt, some are faster than others? Is it because of the amount of appications receive. I mean my wifes friend files a K-1 in Sept, VSC, and already an interview 10 months later, or does that fact that she lives in GZ also help.

I guess my other question is that we are all trying to accomplish something here, and when we write about the governments, why is each Service Center so different. I know that she went through the Name Check like everyone else, so could someone tell me really what some of the delays are??

Thanks for you input here. I am just so curious right now.

Hi Blsqueaky,

I can't answer your question about the different processing times of the various service centers, but I can tell you that living in GZ definately doesn't help get a visa any sooner. My fiancee lives in GZ, and we've been waiting 14 months now.

By the way R2D2, great cartoon!

Best Wishes

Hello Everyone, would you mind if I ask might what be a dumb question? I have already probably read the answer somewhere at some time, but just to refresh. Why if every service center is run under the same supposedly same govt, some are faster than others? Is it because of the amount of appications receive. I mean my wifes friend files a K-1 in Sept, VSC, and already an interview 10 months later, or does that fact that she lives in GZ also help.

Vermont Srvice Center has long been the fastest. It's because Vermont is so damned boring - seen one beautiful mountain, you've seen them all- so that all they do is sit around, eat Ben and Jerrie's Ice Cream and process these petitions. Honest. Really.

:D :lol: :P

Dave

Sorry people , but I can't figure out the quote.

Sarah36, I'm sorry , but I don't necessarily agree. You could be right about many of them. However, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon are very politically active, and there are others, and both took a black eye over the war in Iraq. They may be looking for just the right opportunity to get back at this republican regime. And this is a good emotional story that could get them plenty of press and attention from the public.

Nothing is wrong with the unified letter or fax, but it has been tried with mixed success. Why not try something new also, how much harder would it be to write a second unified letter appealing to someone who has the media and the public's eye. I don't see were it would hurt. And I can guarantee they would have more compassion about our heartache than anyone in the government anywhere so far to date.

Also, sorry guys, but I agree Yao Ming does not carry much credibilty, but I bet Jackie Chan does.

Eevery patient would think their disease is the worst, but for doctors to choose one topic to research and write essays or make some new inventions, they would try to find a breakthrough which is totally newer and worse than other diseases.

I don't mean our situation is not that terrible. Actually it¡¯s terrible enough for us. But if we take our cases to the above theory, Yao Ming would help for Sars, how many possibilities he or Jack Chen would help for us, hello----if our problems can be as serious and as famous as sars-----he might be.

But I agree that we should try all the possible ways, maybe we can think out some other ways to draw attention from the public or gov, like sign a letter on one newspaper, show up in a talk show programme or even make some hunger news to be reported, or take some doctors to analyse how bad influence the parted period bring to us----such topic is quite new for psychology doctors......etc. Because we have been undiscovered, those stars would not do things for undiscovered issues. They need famous issue to make themselves more famous.

Also about sending the letters, whether the letter should be sent to a higher office?

Sarah

hi guys,

just another actor thought, woody allen. for 1, he is married to, you know.. hehe, and also, if he is iwlling to defend the french now, he has got to be willing to defen anybody. right?

also, about that fox interview, if anyone has contact info on someone doing the report, give it to me, i will travel anywhere, anytime in the US to meet for a fox interview. just tell me where to go.

How about the publishing baron Rupert Murdoch. Isn't he married to a Chinese woman? :D  :P

Mick, to my untrained eye he appears to be part of the problem way more than the solution. His own stated idealism viewed in context together with the documented criticism of his own editors begs for a better choice.

A good idea avastar, yes, it would be great to find a symphatetic celebrity for sure.

Daniel

You are probably right about this. Like many, I am trying to help but grasping at straws at this point. BTW, the earlier suggestion of Yao Ming was made tongue in cheek, hence the little-----> :lol: