Some thoughts for us "on hold" people

I am officially in "on hold by FBI" status. Last friday, AS just told me so.

:greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

After feel totally depressing and lostand read couple books, I had some "enlightments", most of them come from the book "the tipping point", a very good book.

1. The reason that they don't pay attention to us is we are too few. Nobody else aware our problems. And apparently, mass media only cares about mass story, and our congressmen only cares about vote, being a extreme minority, our voice just completely lost.

2. Before we can make more people aware our situation, interest in our problem, so to reach critical mass awareness, it seems no use to contact any of them.

3. We need start a grassroot effort now. We need prepare a one page palmlet (cheap, and need little effort to read) and hand it out to as many people as we can get, especially to those openminded, compassionated liberals who have sympathy for our inhumane torture. We all know these kind of people, because they are usually our friends. We need get our message to critical mass first, I mean we need thoudsands and thousands people on our side.

It may cost about 10-15 cents to prepare a palmlet. And we have CFL and visadelay.com to direct them to visit for more info. It won't cost too much money to hand out thousands palmlets. It just takes some efforts. After we reach critical mass, then they(DOS FBI, congressman, mass media) have to listen to us.

I concur that this effort may take too long to see any result for most of us, but we surely can help the problem as a whole.

Any thoughts? Please post.

I thank you.

Guest R2D2

Start contacting all of the media in your area and tell them of Rocksplit's hunger strike and why. When, Where, Who, Why! For a party that is supposed to be for family values, they sure take glee in separating Chinese/American families. For those that don't know any better, the same BS is not going on for Europeans, even though the shoe bomber came from Britain.

Hi, Juz,

I am sorry that you joined the "on hold" group :D I have been hold for almost a year now. By the way, could you send me the timeline for your case. I have sent some email to media; however, no response yet. We need to keep doing what we do, making the little noises, until someone hears us.

Keep our hopes up, and good luck to everyone!

Christy

I've been on different holds for almost 2 years. Things with my Fiancee and I are really tough. I have tried writting letters to Congressman, Senators, Governor, the first lady and many letters to MH. Nothing helps. One thing that all of us can do is write a letter to the editor section of local newspapers and also papers in New York and Washington. These letters to the editors gets a lot of response from the reading public. Some papers like the New York times will only print letters that have to do with anything in the paper for the last 3 days. If you get this paper, look for something about freedoms or civil rights, than write that letter.

Although it has been said before, I will say it again. I think it is high time for a barrage of letters, faxes, phone calls, e-mails, and media contacts. I realize this is a lot of work and requires coordination, but in the end, if enough people make enough noise, things start to happen. This was true for many of us in the Black Hole Gang. My heart goes out to all of you from the On Hold Gang. I know from experience the frustrations you are experiencing. Confusion, lack of information, disinformation, conflicting information, stalling, sand-bagging, and the occassional bold-faced lie. It saddens me to see that these things are still happening. There are no magic bullets to deal with this. It requires one heck of a lot of work and making one heck of a lot of noise. Many of you have made admirable and noble efforts. This is to your credit. My advice: DO NOT RELENT!!! Keep on keeping on! B) :D :D

I've been on different holds for almost 2 years. Things with my Fiancee and I are really tough. I have tried writting letters to Congressman, Senators, Governor, the first lady and many letters to MH. Nothing helps. One thing that all of us can do is write a letter to the editor section of local newspapers and also papers in New York and Washington. These letters to the editors gets a lot of response from the reading public. Some papers like the New York times will only print letters that have to do with anything in the paper for the last 3 days. If you get this paper, look for something about freedoms or civil rights, than write that letter.

2 years? :D wolf please dont scare us. my case has been put on hold for 7 months adn i thuoght it would be cleared soon B)

What was up with holding up military advancements for other political gains? I saw something about that on CNN. We need to write the media and perhaps use some other issue like the SARS article did. We can threaten to picket in DC over how we are being forgotten with our emaciated Rocksplit as our mascot.

Hi, Juz,

I am sorry that you joined the "on hold" group :greenblob:  I have been hold for almost a year now.  By the way, could you send me the timeline for your case.  I have sent some email to media; however, no response yet.  We need to keep doing what we do, making the little noises, until someone hears us.

Keep our hopes up, and good luck to everyone!

Christy

Hi Christy:

My timeline is very depressing... I am pretty sure I am in the top 5 longest waited cases:

P3 reach GUZ: Aug, 31st, 2002

1st name check: Sep, 11th, 2002

Interview: Dec 30th, 2002

2nd name check: Dec 26th,2002 ---- Lost in process according to DOS

3rd name check: May 8th, 2003

Informed on hold: June 6th, 2003 --- Result from 3rd name check.

By the way, are you in State now? EB based?

Ju

Aloha from Hawaii,

Keep the faith SBS. It took me a year and a half to get my wife to Honolulu.

This means she came to the USA on a CR-1 visa. On this type of visa

a change of status is required three months before the end of two years

in the USA. If we had delayed another six months she would get an IR-1

visa. That would give her permanent resident status.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG

SBS,

Everyones case is different and time lines don't hold true for any two people. The reason my case is almost 2 years is I lost 6 months when California Service Center shredded 90,000 petitions in Jan. 2001. It took my congresswoman to find out that California had no file on my after 6 months. Than when it was re-submitted they lost have the papers. No matter what the reason, now I've lost almost 2 years and the government could care less.