Daughter received approval

eseum

My stepdaughter had her interview on 8/22/07. According to my wife everything went well and she will get her visa Friday.

Altogether it took almost exactly one year to bring a 16 year old to the U.S. That includes a 4 month period when the paperwork was at the Consulate till the interview date was scheduled.

For a short time I thought we might have to reschedule the interview. I left my wife at LAX on Friday waiting to board her plane that was to leave at 1:15 p.m. They loaded and then sat for 4 hours before leaving. That meant she missed a connecting flight in Hong Kong.

That did not matter as the plane ended up being diverted to Taipei due to a typhoon. She finally made it to Hong Kong only to sit in the airport waiting for a plane to Guangzhou the next morning. She finally made it there at 11:40 a.m. where she found that her bag would not arrive till 3 p.m.

Good news was her daughter was flying in at 3:30 p.m. so she was able to pick up her bag and daughter almost together. She ended up spending about 20 hours in airports, much longer than the total flight time.

However, we are very happy that things worked out and our daughter will be with us.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Chinese daughters bring great joy to life.

That's an overstatement!...

Well, like their mothers, they can be a handful, but are indeed a blessing that helps round out the family.

Congratulations!

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Yes, I filed the I-130 for my daughter. We adjusted my wife's staus from the I-129 before we found out that we would be able to get our daughter here.

I believe that as long as one of you are there it is okay. I could not leave because of our moving in mid September. I am stuck getting our house ready for sale and coordinating our travel to NM.

I had a very hard time convincing my wife that she needed to be at the interview. She did not want to spend the money on the flight. A friend of hers has her daughter's interview next week so my wife was wanting to have her daughter come back with them. I finally just told her that if she expected to get her daughter here she had to go and bought her a ticket.

I spoke to my wife today and they are safely back in Chongqing and her daughter has her visa in hand. My wife sounds so happy that I feel really good about getting this completed. Now, if they just get their tickets to come back before the movers actually pack and load us up.

ed

Congratulations !! This is great news, and I am sure you are a very happy man !! :)

I, too, understand, the joy and the dynamic, which a Chinese daughter (daddy's girl) brings to the family unit !! ;)

My Minyi, will join my son, in the 5th grade here in California, after she arrives with Lao Po.