Well, we got Pink!

Thanks everyone for your prayers, support and good advice. We got pink! We are so happy! I'm so excited and so our parents. They can't wait to see us in the States. A few details on the interview.

My husband said when they started the interviewer said we never had a case like this before. So he then began to tell her more about us, who we are, how we met, our kids, etc...

She looked at basically everything we had. My domicile evidence, a letter from my parents stating how they want us to come home and stay with them and their home has always been my domicile in the States, they are fully ready and able to co-sponsor us, etc...

Here's some of the things they looked at,

copy of license, letter I wrote stating our plans once we get back to the US, I-864, Co-sponsors I-864, bank statements, letter of evolution (she did ask to see this, thank God we had it. I say to all those preparing, better to have it than not. I was told I should have this the night before the interview and was so tired from dealing with the kids, so I just went to a post I had in this site, in "Our Lives together", section where I told how we met, how our relationship progressed and how we are eagerly waiting for our interview etc. I printed it out and wrote a letter to the VO telling this is what I recently posted on CFL site, it tells the evolution of our relationship. That's it. I thought it was so bad not to write a formal letter, but I didn't think it would be needed for our case so I thought it would never be seen. It was and it was read and accepted, thank God.), Also I was told the night before the interview that I'd need a letter stating our plans when we get to the USA. I also hand wrote this in cursive. I was so tired that I thought it was a sloppy letter. Usually I would have typed this and printed it out neatly, but we were in a hotel and had the kids and I didn't know where to go to type it formally and I thought it probably won't be looked at, my husband can just tell them our plans, but indeed it was looked at. A very important piece, I also had written a letter about why I didn't file tax, with the instructions from the 1040 form as proof, how I didn't make enough to be required to file taxes. Also we had pictures, all arranged in Chronological order from the day we met to recently, like a week or two before the interview of the whole family. Half way through the pictures she asked, where are the recent pictures of your family? My husband said, keep going, they are coming it's all in chronological order. She continued and saw them all and was satisfied. All that was looked at.

My husband stayed calm through the interview, smiled and felt confident. He said, he just wants to be with his wife and kids and make his wife and her parents happy by taking us all home to the States. I've always said, wherever my husband is, that's where I will be. I really love my hubby, even enough to give up living in my own nation. But now, we just both feel it's time to go home and my parents so want us home so they can be with their grandchildren. It's just time, with a growing family it gets harder to find jobs abroad. We need to go home and settle down there.

I just asked my husband what he felt was important about the interview and he said, being confident, mastering what you have, knowing where everything is and presenting it with out taking time, as he was able to do. Also explaining what each thing is and saying a little about it while giving it to the VO. He said the interview lasted about 8-10 minutes and went well. She gave him pink. Yes, Pink, not gold. Don't know why, but we are happy with it!

It's not a K3, it is CR1 visa, we never applied for K3 because we are doing direct consulate filing, since we both reside here in China.

So that's it. The people whose hotel we stayed with collect the Visa and Mail it to us here. He was able to arrange this with the post office there.

We stayed in Tian Yu Garden Apt. We got that information from this site. The owner and his wife are wonderful people. They came to our room the night before and looked at our stuff. They suggested the letter about our plans in the US and My parents 2006 tax forms. My parents filled out the forms before 2007 so they didn't have 2006 tax forms included, as they are our co-sponsors. I called them immediately and they faxed it to us. Both of these things were needed. I thank God for Mr. Yang and his wife.

I waited in the coffee shop with Nuworld. He and his wife are wonderful people. He was able to put up with my kids, (My son was running around acting wild cause of the long wait.) But I think the kids did good for such a long wait. I'm sure they will easily overcome their blue and get pink very soon. (Stay in touch Nuworld.)

So that's about it. I'd better get ready to go to work now. Now I just need to look into if we need an exit visa to take our daughter who was born here in China to the States. She has her American Passport, but do we need an exit Visa? Does anyone here know where I can find more info about this? She's 3 months old now. She has no residence on her passport because she was born here. Does anyone know if this is a problem at the airport when we leave? We do have her Chinese birth certificate. Can anyone suggest where I might find information about this? Thanks. Blessings to you all.

Edited by harvestgal&bosah (see edit history)

Congratulations to you both. :D

And thanks for the write-up. Each one I read seems to give me more ideas on how to prepare my VO when the time comes.

I'm also not sure about answers to your questions. Others will be along in no time to help you I'm sure.

Good luck with your trip back home. :D