Well, we got Pink!

Congratulations!!!! I'm looking forward to hearing about your new life in the states.

Congrats... Very happy to hear the good news.

According to the consulate website, you need to apply for a Chinese visa for new baby so you don't have issues leaving China. Here are the links from the consulate web sites that explain it further.

Beijing:

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/regi...ng_a_child.html

Guangzhou:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ne...gistration.html

Good job finding this info Mike. David, how about adding this information to the FAQ?

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Thanks everyone. Just wanted to add a few more things. For those wondering how things went with the passport issue, they said they'd just do everything in the name as it is on the passport. But it's good we had the name changed in the observations part of the passport so that it won't lead to problems in the future. They did do a name check on both names.

And another thing to add. We got there at about 7:15 in the morning. Waited outside in line till almost 8:00am, then went up to 4th floor. My husband went up to the fifth floor and didn't come out till around 2:15pm. It was such a looooooong wait, especially with the two kids. I had to breastfeed my daughter out in public and just cover myself with a blanket. Did it in the coffee shop. Sooooo embarrassing, but hey, she had to eat and she doesn't take the bottle. Had to change my son's diaper in the waiting room. I know, some people may say, why didn't you wait in the hotel with the kids. But I just had to be there. I just had too. I wanted to be right at the elevator when my husband came down, but off course he came while I was changing my son's diaper and thought I'd gone back to the hotel. So he called me and I told him I was in the waiting room. When we finally met up with each other, he wasn't smiling. I didn't ask if he got pink our not. Just explained what I was doing. And we got prepared the leave. I just couldn't ask. Then as we were leaving, he goes, "By the way, I was successful." I was like, "What do you mean?" He said, "I got the pink!" Man, I was so happy. Now I'm just trying to finish up my classes and prepare to go home. We are all so happy. One big happy family. Blessings to you all.

Yep it is a bit unusual for GUZ to process cases where the foreign citizen is from a different country than China.

And yes the Yangs of TianYu Gardens apartments are wonderful people.

Congrats on the visa! :happydance:

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know, the exit visa we needed for my daughter to leave China just turned out to be a residents permit, the same one we all (My husband, son and I) have on our passport. It's till Feb. 2008. All we needed was a one month Residence. We told them we were leaving by July 1st but they insisted that she must have the same Residence permit we have that ends Feb 2008. Wow. Anyway, that's all. We are packing up our stuff and getting ready to go. We'll be home for the fourth of July. Blessings to you all.