OT--Big Day Today

Just wanted let everyone know that Li and I are facing some challenges today. This morning I will take her to the dentist to have one of her wisdom teeth removed. It has been causing her quite a bit of discomfort. She went for the first appointment last week and was examined. She was impressed by the quality of dental services in America. I would ask that all remember her in your prayers today.

Now on to my problems. Later today I will enter the hospital for tests and treatment of a long-standing heart condition. As some of you may recall, I underwent open-heart surgery back in 1996. I moved to China in 1998 and spent five years there, returning to the States with Li on March 28th of this year. My heart problems were generally under control but during my final year in China I began to experience a recurrence of symptoms. I suspect I need another angioplasty to clear blocked arteries. I last had this procedure done in 1998, just prior to my departure for China. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly and I should be in and out of the hospital within a few days. I would ask that you remember me as well. The part that I hate the most is leaving Li alone while I am in the hospital. Fortunately, we have many friends who will help and support her.

I will be off the board for a few days I suspect but Li will post to let you guys (and girls) know how I am doing. I will post more when I get home. :rolleyes:

Mick, I am confident you are going to be all right. Those five years in China were probably very good for your arteries because you got away from American hamburgers, pizza, fried chicken and other high cholesterol foods. I would bet your doctor will tell you he is surprised at your lack of plaque buildup. Don't let him put you on lipid-lowering medication without a fight. I will be looking forward to hearing a good report.

It is around noon and we returned from Li's dental appointment. She had her tooth extracted and is having a little pain but all in all, is doing fine. Again, she was amazed at the ease of the extraction and the lack of pain. A far different story than visiting a dentist in China.! :o

I will be leaving shortly for my ordeal. Want to thank all of you for your kind words and wishes. Will keep you posted. :(