Concerned about number of trips

I know that some CFL members who can afford it have been to China 6, 8, or more times. I have a problem of getting time off, personal situation at home, and the cost of multiple trips. When my fiance has her interview I plan to be there. That will only make two trips. Is that sufficient along with phone records, emails, etc to prove a valid relationship? If not, I don't know what to do about it. Thanks :lol:

Hey friend you are NOT alone!!!...I've been thinking about this very thing myself!...I'm pretty much in the same boat...I don't really get vacation time at work, I just take time off with no pay and can't afford to be taking off 4-5 times around the world to China...Although I wish I could!...*lol*...Me and my SO have talked about this ourselves...I'm just debating when I want to go, before or during the interview date...I just hope this will not be a problem with the visa officer at the interview...

Thanks, Tonado and Trigg.

Signal, I've always heard that it is better to be there when she has her interview, for moral support at least, even though you can't go to the interview with her. I guess every situation is different. Some of the fiance's speak very good English - which helps. Mine does not know that much English, at least not enough to have the interview conducted in English. So, in my situation, I feel it will help her more if I am there for the interview. She has requested that I go then - who am I to argue? If I don't go then, I'm sure she will store a mop in each closet. :blink:

RLS--I think I would also prefer to be with Xiang during the interview time but she's SO anxious to see me again that I don't know if I can wait!...*lol*...I would say that on a scale of 1-10 her English is about a 4 or 5 and I know she's really nervous about this as well...I think being there during the interview and hopefully having her come back to New York with me would be a much better idea...I would feel also so much better being with her through the airports rather than having her come alone to a strange country and culture...We'll be talking much more about this soon...Nothing about this process can be easy can it???...

:)

RLS,

I think once before and once during the interview should be fine. Remember to get all of the documentation together as neat and organized as possible. Remember that the Visa Officer is looking to save time and I really feel if your SO has everything neatly laid out it will show and will give her confidence.

Also if you can, try to go to the American hour on Friday afternoon (I think) your name will be taken down and this can only help.

Scott

Thanks, Tonado and Trigg.

Signal, I've always heard that it is better to be there when she has her interview, for moral support at least, even though you can't go to the interview with her. I guess every situation is different. Some of the fiance's speak very good English - which helps. Mine does not know that much English, at least not enough to have the interview conducted in English. So, in my situation, I feel it will help her more if I am there for the interview. She has requested that I go then - who am I to argue? If I don't go then, I'm sure she will store a mop in each closet. :)

Ron,

Go for the interview. Do your BEST to be there for American Citizen's Hour before the interview, then be there on the day. You will be fine!

-James

I know that some CFL members who can afford it have been to China 6, 8, or more times. I have a problem of getting time off, personal situation at home, and the cost of multiple trips. When my fiance has her interview I plan to be there. That will only make two trips. Is that sufficient along with phone records, emails, etc to prove a valid relationship? If not, I don't know what to do about it. Thanks :)

If you can only make it twice, your idea of going during her interview is a good one. There is no emperical evidence which says offering your original passport will improve the chances of her interview, but I personally think it does help that she can show your original US passport to the VO conducting the interview. It will give the VO an impression that you're pretty sincere about the relationship.

Thank you rosyanne.

Signal - keep in touch - we'll be flying solo here pretty soon.

Scott and James - thanks, I think that's a good idea about American hour. Can't hurt.

Lance - good idea about the passport. At least they will know I'm there with my fiance.

Thank you all. What a hellava ride and experience. :lol:

It is probably most important to focus on the paperwork and evidence to be provided. While there have been fewer denials when the USC is present in GZ this probably has more to do with the majority not being able to be at the interview more than anything else.

Having the paperwork clean and organized in a thoughtful manner that helps the beneficiary be confident of being able to prove the relationship probably has helped many. Whether it's the organization or confidence who knows, but it seems to work.

But then you have the unknown factors that we do not see, for example why do they ask someone who has been divorced for years to prove the where abouts of their ex while others were recently divorced get approved without question? In many cases it just seems random. This could also have much to do with the specific VO and their mood that day.

You can only do the best you can do and hope for the best.

Almost all the Guangzhou women I know passed their interview: some petitioners only paid one trip to China, some have multiple trips to China. Since the interviews are conducted in Guangzhou, their American SOs don't have to worry that she'd get lost in her own city and I never see a petitioner accompany the applicant to her interview.

You guys are always worried that your SO'd get lost in her own country by traveling from city to city :blink: