Just when I thought I had GUZ figured out¡­.. :Dah:

You¡¯ll remember what happened at Manyun¡¯s ¡°interview¡±. She was asked for passports, she was asked for photographs. Without another word, the VO handed her a blue slip and ended the session. No questions, no requests for any other documentation.

The blue slip told us what Guz wanted. An errant date caused them to question the validity of the visa application. They wanted proof that Manyun and her ex-husband had been living apart for a ¡°significant¡± period of time. Problem was, she has no clue where he is. Her only contact with him is by cell phone, and when she called him, he laughed, and refused any help what so ever.

It was also required that I write a statement to GUZ, and explain why I went to China to meet and stay with a married woman. So before leaving China for home, I wrote out a 7 page, rambling novelette, covering everything from why neither of us understood at the time that she was still ¡°officially¡± married, the situation with her ex-husband, his alcoholism and abuse, what she had at the interview that was never requested, why I made the trips to China and when, and how badly I wanted her here with me to be my wife. I assembled copies of a few sample documents which I hoped would help dispell any belief that I was into a scam for the money.

On Monday, October 16th Manyun took all of this to the consulate, and handed it over. I knew that by Wednesday, we should hear something. Wednesday night, I waited at our usual time to chat¡­.and waited, and waited. No show. On Thursday morning I checked the computer, where I found an off-line message on Yahoo Messenger. Manyun appologized for not being on-line due to a very familiar power outage. And oh, by the way¡­..

¡°I got the pink paper.¡±

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? :)

No interview, no questions, no evidence. I was in such disbelief that I told NO ONE about this until she showed me on the web camera last night that she had indeed already picked up the visa.

She wants two weeks to make the rounds to say good-bye to family and friends. I will make a reservation for November 3rd for the Northwest flight that leaves Guangzhou at 8:30 a.m., and arrives at DTW in Detroit with only a short stop in Tokyo. I can then pick her up from the airport, and she won¡¯t have to struggle through L.A. Tokyo-Narita is a very user-friendly airport. I'll take the following week off from work to help her and Lingyi acclimate.

To all who have offered their comments, suggestion, assistance and, in general, their support during this idiotic process, I thank you. I don¡¯t want to single anyone out for fear of fogetting a name, but if it weren¡¯t for a chance meeting with the ¡°Wheelman¡± Paul in a Nanning restaurant back in August of 2005, I might never have known about CFL. Bless you all.

I¡¯m already checking out the AOS-EAD-SSA headaches. :P

Gonna be time for a cold one soon. :(

Michael

http://bergoiata.org/gif/Feu4.gif

Congratulations !!

http://i2.tinypic.com/24317xl.gif

Just when I thought I had GUZ figured out….. :P

“I got the pink paper.”

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? :P

Oh crap. The pink slip is what you want? I thought it was white. :P I think I wished someone good luck in getting their white slip. :P Now I feel stupid.

Congrats Mike! I'm sure you're so happy and relieved. Lots of celebrating to do!!

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

Just when I thought I had GUZ figured out¡­.. :P

You¡¯ll remember what happened at Manyun¡¯s ¡°interview¡±. She was asked for passports, she was asked for photographs. Without another word, the VO handed her a blue slip and ended the session. No questions, no requests for any other documentation.

The blue slip told us what Guz wanted. An errant date caused them to question the validity of the visa application. They wanted proof that Manyun and her ex-husband had been living apart for a ¡°significant¡± period of time. Problem was, she has no clue where he is. Her only contact with him is by cell phone, and when she called him, he laughed, and refused any help what so ever.

It was also required that I write a statement to GUZ, and explain why I went to China to meet and stay with a married woman. So before leaving China for home, I wrote out a 7 page, rambling novelette, covering everything from why neither of us understood at the time that she was still ¡°officially¡± married, the situation with her ex-husband, his alcoholism and abuse, what she had at the interview that was never requested, why I made the trips to China and when, and how badly I wanted her here with me to be my wife. I assembled copies of a few sample documents which I hoped would help dispell any belief that I was into a scam for the money.

On Monday, October 16th Manyun took all of this to the consulate, and handed it over. I knew that by Wednesday, we should hear something. Wednesday night, I waited at our usual time to chat¡­.and waited, and waited. No show. On Thursday morning I checked the computer, where I found an off-line message on Yahoo Messenger. Manyun appologized for not being on-line due to a very familiar power outage. And oh, by the way¡­..

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? :P

No interview, no questions, no evidence. I was in such disbelief that I told NO ONE about this until she showed me on the web camera last night that she had indeed already picked up the visa.

She wants two weeks to make the rounds to say good-bye to family and friends. I will make a reservation for November 3rd for the Northwest flight that leaves Guangzhou at 8:30 a.m., and arrives at DTW in Detroit with only a short stop in Tokyo. I can then pick her up from the airport, and she won¡¯t have to struggle through L.A. Tokyo-Narita is a very user-friendly airport. I'll take the following week off from work to help her and Lingyi acclimate.

To all who have offered their comments, suggestion, assistance and, in general, their support during this idiotic process, I thank you. I don¡¯t want to single anyone out for fear of fogetting a name, but if it weren¡¯t for a chance meeting with the ¡°Wheelman¡± Paul in a Nanning restaurant back in August of 2005, I might never have known about CFL. Bless you all.

I¡¯m already checking out the AOS-EAD-SSA headaches. :P

Gonna be time for a cold one soon. :P

Michael

Party on dude, party on!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Michael. Gollee, what a moving letter this is. You know, I have been kind of out of pocket lately - just too darn much to do to pay too much attention to anything, so handn't been on CFL. Tonight I was getting curious on what's going on with you and now I read your great post. You actually saved me the trouble of asking you, "What's up?" Geepers, this is such great news. Man I have to give you a huge Texas CONGRATULATIONS. It's just got to feel great and I'm so happy for you and Manyun. I've got to tell you too how much I appreciated your notes over the passing of Lynn's father passing. You and Doug really made my eyes water up, don't like to admit that to too many you know but it's true. There you were right in the middle of turmoil and you still had the thoughtfulness to reach out and show your empathy. Gosh, I am impressed with the kind of character you have Michael. Truly I am. Anyway, congratz again and oh how happy I am for you. Yes, we will always remember our meeing in Nanning. What a gassssssssssssss. When I first spotted another American in the restaurant I mentioned to Lynn about going over to meet you. I think it would have embarrased her. But you know how outgoing most Americans are, right. Well, she talked me out of going to meet you - I didn't let her get away with that later with some others though - but when you walked by looking for (heck, I can't remember what it was you were looking for, hehe) that was just the proper moment. And the rest is history. We both will remember you guys from now on, in fact, she's told me she has seen you guys photo on here several times. Well, again, congratz on the great news and be sure to keep us posted of everything, ok.

Your friend and bud,

Wheel Man

Just when I thought I had GUZ figured out¡­.. :Dah:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? :surprise:

I¡¯m already checking out the AOS-EAD-SSA headaches. :ph34r:

Gonna be time for a cold one soon. :beer:

Michael