Thanks to many ...

First, some thanks to all of those of you who helped us through this process.

A special thanks to the candleforlove owners and mods who devote time, effort and money to making this tremendously valuable resource available to all of us. Although I do not profess to know the details of the time and effort you each put into this, I think I having an indication and it is greatly appreciated.

Special recognition and thanks to David for doing such an outstanding job on the timelines (among other things)!

Also, special thanks to USCONGUZ .... We don't always like the answers. And we always want more answers ... but the time and effort you put into helping us, goes way above and beyond the call of duty. Especially in light of the uncomplimentary statements that many of us have made at one time or another when we have not understood what was going on, when we were impatient or frustrated. Your answers to questions and willingness to answer questions is very, very helpful and appreciated!

Interview details: Conducted mostly in Chinese. Apparently 3-4 questions were asked and answered in English. VO polite, professional but clearly harried.

Handed VO two passports. VO glanced at AC's passport and handed it back.

How did you meet? Internet.

When did your fiance first come to China? October 2005

What language do you use to communicate? English.

Can your fiance speak Chinese? A little.

How long was it between your fiance's two visits? He visited 8 times.

(Surprised look.) May I see his passport again? VO looks at AC's passport with more attention.

What is your fiance's job? He is a xxx.

What kind of xxx is he? She explains in Chinese.

Is your fiance retired? (Geez, I'm not THAT OLD!) No.

What is your job? xxx

Does your fiance have any children? No.

Do you have any children? No.

May I see your email letters? Random selection of 30 or so emails (all in English) was glanced at.

May I see AC's financial support papers? I-134 was retained by the VO.

Please go to the window to arrange to pickup your visa at China Post.

Congratulations!!!!

Thanks for the post...

Best of Luck!!!

:greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

First, some thanks to all of those of you who helped us through this process.

A special thanks to the candleforlove owners and mods who devote time, effort and money to making this tremendously valuable resource available to all of us. Although I do not profess to know the details of the time and effort you each put into this, I think I having an indication and it is greatly appreciated.

Special recognition and thanks to David for doing such an outstanding job on the timelines (among other things)!

Also, special thanks to USCONGUZ .... We don't always like the answers. And we always want more answers ... but the time and effort you put into helping us, goes way above and beyond the call of duty. Especially in light of the uncomplimentary statements that many of us have made at one time or another when we have not understood what was going on, when we were impatient or frustrated. Your answers to questions and willingness to answer questions is very, very helpful and appreciated!

Interview details: Conducted mostly in Chinese. Apparently 3-4 questions were asked and answered in English. VO polite, professional but clearly harried.

Handed VO two passports. VO glanced at AC's passport and handed it back.

How did you meet? Internet.

When did your fiance first come to China? October 2005

What language do you use to communicate? English.

Can your fiance speak Chinese? A little.

How long was it between your fiance's two visits? He visited 8 times.

(Surprised look.) May I see his passport again? VO looks at AC's passport with more attention.

What is your fiance's job? He is a xxx.

What kind of xxx is he? She explains in Chinese.

Is your fiance retired? (Geez, I'm not THAT OLD!) No.

What is your job? xxx

Does your fiance have any children? No.

Do you have any children? No.

May I see your email letters? Random selection of 30 or so emails (all in English) was glanced at.

May I see AC's financial support papers? I-134 was retained by the VO.

Please go to the window to arrange to pickup your visa at China Post.

Congratulations!! Best of luck in your new life together!

8 times???

How could they say no?

Too many trips to China tends to cause VO to question your source of finance. If the Income Tax Return is beautiful, it's ok.