Approved at NVC

Got an email from NVC: "Good Afternoon,

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received this petition. We have entered the petition information into the computer system and assigned a case number listed below. the appropriate agent (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions for the further processing of this petition.."

Once again, thanks everyone for your support and now it's on to the next step. (I know what you're all thinking -- buy more cheetos. I can't fit anymore in my cupboard. :ph34r:

First question. A quick rundown on how I can track it now that I have a number?

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received this petition. We have entered the petition information into the computer system and assigned a case number listed below. the appropriate agent (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions for the further processing of this petition.."

Once again, thanks everyone for your support and now it's on to the next step. (I know what you're all thinking -- buy more cheetos. I can't fit anymore in my cupboard. :D

The way we used to track it was to get the mailing date once you know that the NVC has mailed it to the consulate. It also used to be that GZ would assign a new GUZ number to it once received. I don't know if that practice is still in place or not.

In any case, good luck thru the process.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support and now it's on to the next step. (I know what you're all thinking -- buy more cheetos. I can't fit anymore in my cupboard. :P

Congratulations, Ron!! I am very happy for you! Let's hope it flys by and is in GUZ soon!!

;) :victory: Well another step in the right direction, though the receiving store room at the consulate is stacked with cases, so it will be a month or two or maybe three until your SO gets anything. :P

Thanks everyone. I know I've read a hundred posts on this, but I'm not clear on how to track it or even if I should track it. I know, with any luck, she should receive P3 in a couple months. :P

Thanks everyone. I know I've read a hundred posts on this, but I'm not clear on how to track it or even if I should track it. I know, with any luck, she should receive P3 in a couple months. :P

Congrats on this notice. I don't remember getting a notice from NVC back when I went through the process. There is a way others have tracked their packages from NVC to GUZ but in the best senario it is all a guess.

Your case is placed in a box with lots of other cases. It is then shipped DHL to GUZ. The secret is to get the tracking number for the box that has your case. NVC ships many boxes to GUZ every week. They will not tell you which box has your case (right to privacy of other cases keeps them from divulging this info). So you really don't know if the box delivered really has your case or not. Now even if you did know exactly when GUZ gets the box, what good would it do? You are placed in the queue for processing. How long is the queue? Don't know. It varies. Either way you would only know when you are started in the queue.

Wait a month or so. NVC can tell you over the phone if GUZ has sent out P3. I called Monday of each week. I knew a couple of days before my wife got her P3 it was coming.

The GUZ number we were issued at NVC was used for the remainder of the visa process for us. Like Mike said you can't be sure your petition is in a box that was shipped on a particular day. DOS can tell you when your package has been received by GZ. Wait about a month and a half and call them.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support and now it's on to the next step. (I know what you're all thinking -- buy more cheetos. I can't fit anymore in my cupboard. :(

When you are finished at NVC, the email should tell you that your case has been forwarded to GUZ too. By the read of it, it looks like it is in the NVC system now with case number assigned. Most likely going through name checks right now. You can call them and ask if the name check(s) has been complete and if the case has been shipped to GUZ and the date it was shipped. Once you have the ship date, you will have a much better idea about the receive date of the P3.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support and now it's on to the next step. (I know what you're all thinking -- buy more cheetos. I can't fit anymore in my cupboard. :o

When you are finished at NVC, the email should tell you that your case has been forwarded to GUZ too. By the read of it, it looks like it is in the NVC system now with case number assigned. Most likely going through name checks right now. You can call them and ask if the name check(s) has been complete and if the case has been shipped to GUZ and the date it was shipped. Once you have the ship date, you will have a much better idea about the receive date of the P3.

You are correct about that, Mike. I did get a call through and it is currently going through security checks. Oh well, more waiting. Hopefully it won't get hung up too long for security checks. :(

Congrats man! Sounds like you are a step ahead of me on this NVC thing. I hope I receive such a letter or other notification from them soon too. I've been waiting for 2 months already in administrative review.

Good Luck and hope that things move quicker for you on the next step.

:(

Ron,

About the only thing you can do now is wait. Wait 30 days and then start calling this number every week: 1-202-663-1225 DOS. They can tell you if the hard copy has arrived at Guangzhou. My case was mailed on 8/11 and DOS is advising that the hard copy (electronic copy is there) has still not arrived. Remember that the cases sometimes get held up in customs.

Hang in there buddy.

Juette

Edited by Juette (see edit history)