I have never heard of a denial being given without any documentation. If you are single and legally eligible to marry than 5 previous marriages is not sufficient reason to give a denial. It may be reason enough for a VO to want more information but I have never heard of someone not eligible due to too many divorces. The VO must have given her some paper work. Have you ever filed for a CR or K visa for anyone else?

i have never filed a CR or K! before. Sounds to me like a vO not knowing the law. I will contact my senator first thing in the morning.

Here is the kind of letters you can expect from any Congressman or Senators.

Sorry to here about you troubles.

Rick

Hello, this is -----, writing from Congressman Carnahan's office in regards to your fiancé, Yanlan Qin. You are more than welcome to forward to me whatever new information that you have, however, I have recently received a reply from the Guangzhou consulate that essentially repeats the information previously given. I will mail you a copy of this response. I understand your frustration, however, the Consulate retains full authority for the processing of the application, and unless there are extenuating circumstances, there is typically little our office can do. That said, I will be more than happy to look over the information you have, simply send it to the e-mail address listed below.

Sincerely,

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be really devastating to hear this news, but now is the time to think clearly and rationally. Here are a couple of posts that talk about what's going on and what might happen:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=224749

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=177604

As others have suggested, it's time to get a lawyer. I do want to emphasize a couple of points. First, and I'm sure your lawyer knows this, is to make every effort to keep the files at the consulate. Once they leave GUZ, you'll likely be stuck at USCIS for quite a while. Second, make sure your lawyer takes whatever steps are necessary to keep the I-129F petition in valid status. The consulate routinely extends the petition's validity while the actual visa application is in process, but once a denial comes in, the consulate may well forget about re-validating the petition. The same would apply if the petition gets returned to USCIS.

Good luck.

Ok folks here is what I know now. My SO's VO was a young USA man. He could not speak Chinese very well and my SO could not understand him much. He kept asking her if her exhusband was in the USA. Her ex lives in China and always has. He also asked her several times why I have not come to china to marry her. He asked her how we communicated and she said she spoke some english but mostly we chatted as she can write good english. She offered to give him all of our emails and chats but he refused to want to see them. He only looked at the pictures and said that we lie. He asked her my job and she answered him correctly and he still said that she lied. I double checked all of my paperwork and everything is correct! After he gave her a denial paper she went to see a lawyer in the consulate building. He said he could not help her as the case has to be sent back to the USA. I will fight this to the end. My SO told me that the VO was refusing visas to others also. The VO's initials are BK. We are really heartbroken at this time but we will regroup and get this thing done. We vowed a long time ago to never change our love no matter what. My SO and I are sticking to this no matter how long it takes or if I have to go to China and live. We talked about us getting married in China but I must agree with LeeFisher's comments. Thank all of you for your sympathies and your advice. It really means a lot to me.

This is a prime example of a VO with a GOD complex. A VO with no accountibility of his actions. It's wrong and it needs to stop!

Why exactly did they give her a blue slip? I may be as simple as a missing or wanted document.

It was not a blue slip. She said I as ineligible as to my 5 previous mariages. Thoughts?

Guest pushbrk

Ok folks here is what I know now. My SO's VO was a young USA man. He could not speak Chinese very well and my SO could not understand him much. He kept asking her if her exhusband was in the USA. Her ex lives in China and always has. He also asked her several times why I have not come to china to marry her. He asked her how we communicated and she said she spoke some english but mostly we chatted as she can write good english. She offered to give him all of our emails and chats but he refused to want to see them. He only looked at the pictures and said that we lie. He asked her my job and she answered him correctly and he still said that she lied. I double checked all of my paperwork and everything is correct! After he gave her a denial paper she went to see a lawyer in the consulate building. He said he could not help her as the case has to be sent back to the USA. I will fight this to the end. My SO told me that the VO was refusing visas to others also. The VO's initials are BK. We are really heartbroken at this time but we will regroup and get this thing done. We vowed a long time ago to never change our love no matter what. My SO and I are sticking to this no matter how long it takes or if I have to go to China and live. We talked about us getting married in China but I must agree with LeeFisher's comments. Thank all of you for your sympathies and your advice. It really means a lot to me.

This is a prime example of a VO with a GOD complex. A VO with no accountibility of his actions. It's wrong and it needs to stop!

Frankly, we have far too little information to make such a harsh accusation. I understand the emotions of those caught up in black holes but it is counterproductive to throw mud without all the facts.

right now i am shattered.........but I plan on being with my SO forever.........we have vowed to never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!! the gem cannot be polished without friction.

Dear 747: I was married 4 times. I waited for our I-129F to be approved for 11 months and 4 days. During the wait, I wrote a letter to the California USCIS director. Finally, after three letters I received a reply regarding my case. They told me that extra time was needed in processing my case. I always thought it was because they had to go over the 4 marriages. I think that if you submitted all your divorce decrees, providing that they are complete and show that you are truly divorced, they cannot deny a visa. There are no laws in the United States regarding how many times you get married or how many cars you want to or can buy! As long as you are free you definitely have a chance to find the love of your life. Keep going! Don't escape to China, fight fight fight! Get good solid information as to "why" the denial....Go from there!

Frankly, we have far too little information to make such a harsh accusation. I understand the emotions of those caught up in black holes but it is counterproductive to throw mud without all the facts.

GOD COMPLEX GOD COMPLEX GOD COMPLEX GOD COMPLEX.

You haven't seen mud thrown by me yet. You want some? And don't be accusing me of mud slinging just because i'm stuck in a black hole! I would be just as pissed off either way

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

GOD COMPLEX GOD COMPLEX GOD COMPLEX GOD COMPLEX.

You haven't seen mud thrown by me yet. You want some? And don't be accusing me of mud slinging just because i'm stuck in a black hole! I would be just as pissed off either way

While we can all get mad as hell about what appears to have happened, but the OP can't afford the luxury of being outraged. He has to move swiftly to do all in his power to keep the case in GZ and deal with the issue there. If he spends his time being outraged and indignent he may loose valuable time in what is a difficult situation.

Once he has either kept the case in GZ or lost that battle there will be plenty of time to vent, for now every second counts because loosing this battle can cause months upon months of anguish and unhappiness.

Again I agree with Lee. Having gone through an overcome myself I know first hand how your anger can cloud your thinking. I also agree that it is an abuse of power for a VO to deny and send a visa back to the USCIS only because he thinks a person has been divorced too many times. Now however is the time for action and clear thinking.

Again I agree with Lee. Having gone through an overcome myself I know first hand how your anger can cloud your thinking. I also agree that it is an abuse of power for a VO to deny and send a visa back to the USCIS only because he thinks a person has been divorced too many times. Now however is the time for action and clear thinking.

The "God Complex" came from someone stuck at a frustrating point in the process, not the OP. The VO's play God every day in deciding for us whether our relationships are valid. Adding the word "Complex" is not much of a stretch for someone who apparently said it was a lie, and asked questions that the interviewee was having trouble understanding. A blue slip, maybe, but a denial? I doubt that the VO had any more clear of a picture than the interviewee.

This sounds like an especially poorly handled interview, with devastating results.

I am really beside myself with all of your pouring out of generosity, advice, contacts, and genuine care from all of you at CFL. I am going at this full force because I know I am right. My SO and I have a wonderful relationship and no one is going to tell us that we do not. I have contacted 2 lawyers that you gave to me. My SO is going tomorrow to meet with one of them. My congressman is John Lewis of Georgia. He is a great man and he don't take no s*** from any government agency. He is like having a pitbull in your corner. You will see this if you look at his website. He helped me get through the background check black hole and he will always fight for the truth even if it lands him in jail........lol. I know the force (CFL) is with me and I will prevail...................Stay tuned..............THANK ALL OF Y'ALL MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Charles

that was the yang man who interviewed me. I think the interview i had was objective and professional which shows he's been very well trained for his job. the problem i can think of for your SO's interview is: bad communication with the VO. I noticed on the wall of the consulate interview hall, there's a painting says "I can tell the truth from a lie". It's difficult to lie...Like Leefisher said, search your heart and soul again ask yourself do you really love this woman and does she really love you. do you really want to live with this woman for the rest of your life or you would see in your imagination she would be a passager in your life journey? if all answers are yes you should come back to the guangzhou consulate, stand outside the building and yell out aloud they have made a mistake, ...you go there every morning and they (the VOs and their boss) will see you...you do this everyday no stop untill they call you in for details and then you tell them again they made a mistake. if you can do this itself proves your love for your SO and they will give you a visa.

ALex

VO's are professional but they are human, and human makes mistakes sometimes.

Maybe I don't see what you have seen so I believe your comment is correct.

We show our love in our eyes and smiles, but some people don't or cannot.

I saw a couple from Taishan. The expression in their eyes was just numb, no expression at all as I can describe. After the applicants got their V1, V2 visas, the son told me his father (applicant) started an affair with the petitioner (his stepmother) even before he divorced his mother and I believe it's true from the eyes of the son and he had no motive to lie.

I also saw another girl from Taishan: her K1 was kicked back to US and they got married and applied for CR1. When she got her CR1 visa, I thought their relationship was not true: from the eyes, and the girl was too shy, and the petitioner seemed doing nothing, the girl's cousin was helping with overcoming visa denial. Now, the applicant and the petitioner have a baby son. What can I say?

There are a category of people who are different from us. There are a category of people who don't know what's Income Tax Return and who don't act like us. It's not quite fair that we judge them with the standard of our behaviors.

We shake our heads when we say "no", but Indians just shake their heads "ah char, ah char" - it means "yes, yes".

I just got off the phone with my congressman's office. The woman I am speaking with is my congressman's aide. She told me that the visa officers have recently been trained to ask a certain number of questions and based on the anwers they are given and the ability of the SO to speak english then they make their decision. She said that they are not asking to see the evidence which is what happened exactly in my case. She says that a number of people in my district are experiencing this not only with the China consulate but in other countries as well.

She is now writing a letter to the DOS and going above the China consulate's head on this matter. She feels very confident that she can persue this with success very quickly. Again, my Congressman's name is John Lewis of Georgia. If you see his website then you will know who he is and what he has done for all of his people. John Lewis ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned and I will keep you good people of CFL posted.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I just got off the phone with my congressman's office. The woman I am speaking with is my congressman's aide. She told me that the visa officers have recently been trained to ask a certain number of questions and based on the anwers they are given and the ability of the SO to speak english then they make their decision. She said that they are not asking to see the evidence which is what happened exactly in my case. She says that a number of people in my district are experiencing this not only with the China consulate but in other countries as well.

She is now writing a letter to the DOS and going above the China consulate's head on this matter. She feels very confident that she can persue this with success very quickly. Again, my Congressman's name is John Lewis of Georgia. If you see his website then you will know who he is and what he has done for all of his people. John Lewis ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned and I will keep you good people of CFL posted.

I do hope you get the result you seek. While our congressmen and senators are there to assist their constituents regarding immigration issues, you must be aware that the entire immigration process wreaks of political talking points. Immigration is a hot-button issue, and all politicians have an interest to convey to their contituents that they can actually accomplish something helpful. Because the Adjudicators Field manual redacts all the pertinent information from the public version, there is no-way for you congressman and / or Senator to know exactly what a VO may or may not be instructed to ask or use when making a decision. There are a handful of lawmakers approved to even view the information.

All we as citizens can do is vote out of office those that allow lawbreakers to get in and remain in the US and express our concern at the overall unfairness of the process. As much of the public has recently witnessed, immigration does not serve the law-abiding, but caters to and rewards the lawbreaker.

Again, I hope for the best for you....

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)