Sorry for the disappointment! Perhaps the VO just mentioned something about all your previous marriages and that is why your SO thinks this is the cause for the blue slip. There has to be something more concrete for the refusal. Just hang in there and see what is required for overcome. I'm sure you will be together soon.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk

ok I just saw a picture of the paper my SO got form the VO. The paper states that my petition is going back to the CIS. They say we do not have a bona fide relationship. My SO told me the VO said that our pictures lie. We had good pictures and I really do not understand this. Obviously something went very wrong with the interview but at this time I am not sure what it is. She also told me the VO ask her why I did not marry her when I came to China. The first time I came to China I had only known her for 4 months. The second time I came to China we had already filed the K1. I really do not understand this. Anyone have any ideas? If anyone wishes to see the paper then PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. Many thanks to my friends here on CFL.

Charles

Man, that's a rough one. We don't see many return to CIS with recommendation to deny. Usually they ask for more proof of relationship at least once first. As Carl said, it may well be time to involve an attorney to see if they can resolve the case in Guangzhou. This would have to be done very quickly.

Yes something went terribly wrong. One thing you'll need to do is search your brain heart and soul for just what that might have been, just what might have given the impression you don't have a bonafide relationship. To do so, you'll have to role play as if it could be true.

I can help her to see the reason for refusal if you wish. I'm working and living Guangzhou. post below if you do and leave me your email address so I can send over my phone number to you.

Alex

Alex,

<_< Uh oh, I think you have just given up some valuable information on yourself and knowing that you live in Guangzhou and are willing to help others,.....I now foresee a flood of requests coming your way!

You are a good man to offer such help. Way to go!

Guest ShaQuaNew

ok I just saw a picture of the paper my SO got form the VO. The paper states that my petition is going back to the CIS. They say we do not have a bona fide relationship. My SO told me the VO said that our pictures lie. We had good pictures and I really do not understand this. Obviously something went very wrong with the interview but at this time I am not sure what it is. She also told me the VO ask her why I did not marry her when I came to China. The first time I came to China I had only known her for 4 months. The second time I came to China we had already filed the K1. I really do not understand this. Anyone have any ideas? If anyone wishes to see the paper then PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. Many thanks to my friends here on CFL.

Charles

Charles, without having the luxury of hearing the specifics of the conversation between the VO and your fiance, it leaves much to speculation. The one known factor is that proving a legitimate and bona fide relationship is critical. If there is any wiggle room whatsoever either in the paperwork or the conversation, then it's likely that the VO will recommend denial and seek additional evidence.

Now, as Pushbrk states, it's very rare for a petition to be sent back to the USCIS after an interview. That's a very serious move idicative of something more serious than usual. Sometimes there has been previous contact between that Chinese partner and US immigration that had a less than favorable outcome. If there is even the slightest hint of fraud, whether real or immagined by the VO, they will always go on the side of caution.

Also, if there is suspicion of fraud or manipulation of the system, it is likely that they will not share those specifics with you. You're best bet at this point is to gather as much information as you can from any and all parties involved. That likely will not be easy, but until you get more information there is just no way of knowing what direction things will take from here.

Charles, OMG!!!!! I too am devistated by this awful news. I would go into the John Paul Jones mode of "I've only just begun to fight". Please contact King immediately and the other gentleman who has offered their help. I sincerely wish you and your SO a speedy and a happier resolution to this matter.

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

Try to get this stopped and kept in GZ, this would require a lawyer VERY FAST and may not be successful. Worth a shot. Have your SO go to see the American lawyer in the same building as the consulate. When she goes in the front door of the building she should turn right. The office is near the bottom of the escalator. When she meets him have her mention you are on CFL, it may not help on the $$$ side, but he has been a friend to CFL.

If it is returned to the US you need to be extremely pro-active, you will receive a NOID(Notice of Intent to Deny) with a time limit on your response. Do not miss the date by even one second. If it's heading back it will have to go to NVC who will then return it to the original service center, this can take some time.

It is advisable to locate a VERY VERY GOOD immigration attorney who has specifically handled NOID cases before and has a verifiable track record.

Whatever you do, DON'T let it die. Some may suggest you go to China an marry her so you can file for CR-1/K-3 and let the K-1 die. This is a trap because IF the K-1 is denied it will come back and haunt you causing the CR-1/K-3 to more than likely be denied before it ever leaves the service center.

You might want to solicit referrals from immigration attorneys who work near various Asian Consulates to locate someone in your regional area to help with this. Once the case is made and the file is returned to GZ you would be wise to have an attorney on the other end working on the case.

It's a pain in the A$$ and will cost some money and will take some time.

Ok folks here is what I know now. My SO's VO was a young USA man. He could not speak Chinese very well and my SO could not understand him much. He kept asking her if her exhusband was in the USA. Her ex lives in China and always has. He also asked her several times why I have not come to china to marry her. He asked her how we communicated and she said she spoke some english but mostly we chatted as she can write good english. She offered to give him all of our emails and chats but he refused to want to see them. He only looked at the pictures and said that we lie. He asked her my job and she answered him correctly and he still said that she lied. I double checked all of my paperwork and everything is correct! After he gave her a denial paper she went to see a lawyer in the consulate building. He said he could not help her as the case has to be sent back to the USA. I will fight this to the end. My SO told me that the VO was refusing visas to others also. The VO's initials are BK. We are really heartbroken at this time but we will regroup and get this thing done. We vowed a long time ago to never change our love no matter what. My SO and I are sticking to this no matter how long it takes or if I have to go to China and live. We talked about us getting married in China but I must agree with LeeFisher's comments. Thank all of you for your sympathies and your advice. It really means a lot to me.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Sorry to hear of the difficulty. Continue investigation and find a good attorney. Always remember that the road between Mexico and the US, and / or Canada and the US is wide. According to the people of Mexico, there are no laws preventing them coming here, living, and working any time they want. What's good for the goose, is good for.....

:D

Sorry to hear of the difficulty. Continue investigation and find a good attorney. Always remember that the road between Mexico and the US, and / or Canada and the US is wide. According to the people of Mexico, there are no laws preventing them coming here, living, and working any time they want. What's good for the goose, is good for.....

:D

i hear yaaaaaaaaa

Ok folks here is what I know now. My SO's VO was a young USA man. He could not speak Chinese very well and my SO could not understand him much. He kept asking her if her exhusband was in the USA. Her ex lives in China and always has. He also asked her several times why I have not come to china to marry her. He asked her how we communicated and she said she spoke some english but mostly we chatted as she can write good english. She offered to give him all of our emails and chats but he refused to want to see them. He only looked at the pictures and said that we lie. He asked her my job and she answered him correctly and he still said that she lied. I double checked all of my paperwork and everything is correct! After he gave her a denial paper she went to see a lawyer in the consulate building. He said he could not help her as the case has to be sent back to the USA. I will fight this to the end. My SO told me that the VO was refusing visas to others also. The VO's initials are BK. We are really heartbroken at this time but we will regroup and get this thing done. We vowed a long time ago to never change our love no matter what. My SO and I are sticking to this no matter how long it takes or if I have to go to China and live. We talked about us getting married in China but I must agree with LeeFisher's comments. Thank all of you for your sympathies and your advice. It really means a lot to me.

that was the yang man who interviewed me. I think the interview i had was objective and professional which shows he's been very well trained for his job. the problem i can think of for your SO's interview is: bad communication with the VO. I noticed on the wall of the consulate interview hall, there's a painting says "I can tell the truth from a lie". It's difficult to lie...Like Leefisher said, search your heart and soul again ask yourself do you really love this woman and does she really love you. do you really want to live with this woman for the rest of your life or you would see in your imagination she would be a passager in your life journey? if all answers are yes you should come back to the guangzhou consulate, stand outside the building and yell out aloud they have made a mistake, ...you go there every morning and they (the VOs and their boss) will see you...you do this everyday no stop untill they call you in for details and then you tell them again they made a mistake. if you can do this itself proves your love for your SO and they will give you a visa.

ALex

I agree with Lee. You need to move extremely fast to hopefully keep this from being sent back to USCIS. Get a lawyer NOW. You don't have time to screw around with trying to figure it out on your own. You need someone to walk into the consulate today and tell them they are representing you and your fiancee. I would fax GZ and request they holdoff on sending it back as you are retaining the services of an attorney, If it gets sent back it could take years to resolve.

I will underscore Lee and Carl's advice to act quickly with the American lawyer in GUZ. We have had at least one, perhaps two CFL members who had to chase their cases back to the service centers. That adds a lot more time; but I know one if not both were eventually approved.

I can help her to see the reason for refusal if you wish. I'm working and living Guangzhou. post below if you do and leave me your email address so I can send over my phone number to you.

Alex

Alex,

:D Uh oh, I think you have just given up some valuable information on yourself and knowing that you live in Guangzhou and are willing to help others,.....I now foresee a flood of requests coming your way!

You are a good man to offer such help. Way to go!

I'm leaving guangzhou for the U.S. this October and just wish to do my best to help CLF as I have learnt a lot here.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I'm leaving guangzhou for the U.S. this October and just wish to do my best to help CLF as I have learnt a lot here.

Good luck to ya. When it comes ta figgerin if ya done learnt or not, be plumb shore that ya figger in the f-factor. Cuz, when dat dere f-factor ain't computed into da learnin, den ya might as well check da whole dadburn thin...