747: I have been quietly watching this sickening drama unfold with little to add other than what has been said already by some knowledgable CFL people.

If you do have the option to go to China to live for 6 or 12 months, I think you should.

Live together with your SO and even have a ceremonial (not official) marriage in China for her family while you wait to be sure that the K1 visa is proclaimed officially dead by the US govt.

THEN, when it's time to file the K3 visa and you can show that you have lived together for several months and have been married for x months, they will be hard pressed to deny your visa for lack of a relationship!!!!!

Stick it to them if you have to and you can!!! It's total bull$hit that they barely care about 10+ million immigrants that are already here yet they scrutinize the hell out of one couple that have provided stacks of paperwork and forms, background checks, medical checks, biometric checks and fees up the wazoo!

I'm glad to hear that you are committed to this relationship and have the strength and determination to make it work!!

Best of luck to you and I know you two will have a good and happy life together!!!

Amy and I wish you well B)

Best advise yet............Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt........Now if I can just figure out a way to get my boss to understand this..........lol.......Any suggestions?

Tell him it's a matter of the heart and the love of your life.

If he doesn't understand this, then there are other bosses out there . . .

(I realize this is easier said than done, but I have walked away from more than one job as a matter of principle!)

This is obviously a last resort - hang in there for a bit and hope for some beaurocrat to make a mistake and do something right for a change!!!!

Again, good luck!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

747: I have been quietly watching this sickening drama unfold with little to add other than what has been said already by some knowledgable CFL people.

If you do have the option to go to China to live for 6 or 12 months, I think you should.

Live together with your SO and even have a ceremonial (not official) marriage in China for her family while you wait to be sure that the K1 visa is proclaimed officially dead by the US govt.

THEN, when it's time to file the K3 visa and you can show that you have lived together for several months and have been married for x months, they will be hard pressed to deny your visa for lack of a relationship!!!!!

Stick it to them if you have to and you can!!! It's total bull$hit that they barely care about 10+ million immigrants that are already here yet they scrutinize the hell out of one couple that have provided stacks of paperwork and forms, background checks, medical checks, biometric checks and fees up the wazoo!

I'm glad to hear that you are committed to this relationship and have the strength and determination to make it work!!

Best of luck to you and I know you two will have a good and happy life together!!!

Amy and I wish you well B)

Best advise yet............Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt........Now if I can just figure out a way to get my boss to understand this..........lol.......Any suggestions?

I wish the Family Leave Act covered us; but my understanding is that it does not. Good Luck!

Looking at the case through almond eyes:

1.VO have no problem understanding communicative applicants, but they do have problems understanding less communicative people like your SO who is from landlocked Jiangxi province. This is the 3rd time I saw a genuine relationship was considered scam. The similarity of these cases is applicants have no idea what are their strengths and what are their weakness, they have all the documents but they were not able to clear up VO抯 concerns.

2.You two met before you got divorced and your previous marriage records made VO assume that she scam a visa to reach the gold-pathed America! VO tried to figure out her motive so he asked about her ex. Her situation is quite different from a scam case but how can she know? (In some scam cases, the ex entered US illegally many years ago but the applicant was usually recently divorced. Your SO was divorced 14 years ago!)

3.When your SO pronounced "music" VO didn't understand so he had to get a Chinese staff to help. When your SO was talking about things VO didn抰 understand, he was more suspicious.

People from inland China speak too fluent Chinese that she didn't realize Chinese is VO's hard-learnt 2nd language. Interesting observation: Guangzhou women who speak very poor mandarin all passed their interview in recent 2 years!

4.Confidence is very important. She wasn't able to clear it up firmly when asked why you didn't get married in China. She has no idea what visa processing is and she was at a loss so VO assumed that she told lies.

Your strengths: 1. Beautiful Income Tax Return, good educational and professional background. 2. She was divorced 14 years ago. 3. She is not bringing any kid to America. Your weakness: short time gap from previous marriage

I call what happened communication failure

Not so much about what you do now, but maybe for others in the future. I must agree with what Eunice says here, and what was posted about stating some things in the cover letter on your original application/s.

My wife just got her K3. She felt it was decided before she got there. My interpretation on this is that if everything was OK in the interview she would be approved.

I am beggining to think there may be notes made by someone to check on in the interview, and or a scoring system prior to the interview.

Back when I filed the I-130 & I-129F and without looking up anything here in CFL, I had a hunch or a strong feeling that I needed to state in my cover letter/s that we met on the internet, and state some other vital information about meeting during my legal seperation, and then the positives in our relationship and how much of a contributor she would be to the US, and etc. According to what I have read here this means if it is approved in the USA before the GUZ gets it, then it will not be new evidence for non-approval. Right?

She was quized about the HOW WE MET thing, which gave it away. Same thing we had trouble at the embassy about in getting my cert of single status.

Fanancial was evident, as I stated in cover letter.

VO spoke very soft and she repeatedly had to say pardon. He grinned and raised his voice a little, but it helped little she said. So she had to state she did not understand what he was asking. He then repeated in different English words. I had the impression from her talkng he was sort of giving her and english test. Maybe to prove out my cover letter?

I sent big pics with explanations on the apps. She had the smaller versions in 4 packets that can be flipped through. He went through everyone of them. She had them set up in themes to demonstrate different things. She explained all 4 to him as he looked through all of them. We had her sisters, my son, her daughters grandparents, and our traveling and visiting things. I find it curious he spent so much time on these.

My wife noted how well prepared she was in English, Ktichen Sink preperation IN HER HAND, and her appearance over some others. She had the impression that some of the VOs did not want to pass some folks but had to (more on that another post sometime). We would have had evidence of anything they asked we felt. She was VERY COMFORTABLE because she had organized it for herself to find. Confidence, as mentioned somewhere.

At this moment the more I think about it, the cover letter main points were what was reviewed by the VO, except all the divorce papers. I suppose that is self evident. So was it a coincidence in our case? I have no idea.

Certainly a cover letter stating in all honesty the events and relationship the way it is and happened can head off some of this trouble, especially with any unusual situations. I mean her and I met and married pretty fast. I had to address this I felt right up front.

Rather than a predetermined pass or fail, as seems to be speculated in CFL, I wonder if all should refine the focus on a grading system before the interview. Eunice talks about strengths and weaknesses, which is a grading system, so to speak. So I feel there is not a black and white before the interview. I feel my wife scored high for success before the interview, but on the otherhand she could have blown it if not so prepared in language and papers, and confident. Just a suggested apraoch to figuring out GUZ. I still feel newbie here, so I am no expert as you others are. I am not trying to brag about our success either. Perhaps others were just as prepared and got routed.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

I am beggining to think there may be notes made by someone to check on in the interview, and or a scoring system prior to the interview.

Back when I filed the I-130 & I-129F and without looking up anything here in CFL, I had a hunch or a strong feeling that I needed to state in my cover letter/s that we met on the internet, and state some other vital information about meeting during my legal seperation, and then the positives in our relationship and how much of a contributor she would be to the US, and etc. According to what I have read here this means if it is approved in the USA before the GUZ gets it, then it will not be new evidence for non-approval. Right?

Rather than a predetermined pass or fail, as seems to be speculated in CFL, I wonder if all should refine the focus on a grading system before the interview. Eunice talks about strengths and weaknesses, which is a grading system, so to speak. So I feel there is not a black and white before the interview. I feel my wife scored high for success before the interview, but on the otherhand she could have blown it if not so prepared in language and papers, and confident. Just a suggested apraoch to figuring out GUZ. I still feel newbie here, so I am no expert as you others are. I am not trying to brag about our success either. Perhaps others were just as prepared and got routed.

I did the same; supplied at the petition enough info about the relationship beyond just an 'intent' statement.

Ellis's articles that have been referenced on CFL is the first clear indication (from a legal perspective) I have seen suggesting to reveal any potential flag issue to DHS, since their approval means it is not new evidence that turned up by GUZ towards a revocation of a petition. This is not the same as saying to give a kitchen sink at the petition; it is saying to carefully select the evidence you might consider to show as early as possible any problems you think might raise a VOs eyebrows... Let DHS see it first, and approve it.

Your grading system idea is basically what I did through my process.. (add a visit here; add a call to DOS here; add an email to GUZ here.)... never thought of putting it like you did, but I think it's a good idea... now if we could collect all these good ideas of petition submissions in one post :unsure:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Looking at the case through almond eyes:

1.VO have no problem understanding communicative applicants, but they do have problems understanding less communicative people like your SO who is from landlocked Jiangxi province. This is the 3rd time I saw a genuine relationship was considered scam. The similarity of these cases is applicants have no idea what are their strengths and what are their weakness, they have all the documents but they were not able to clear up VO’s concerns.

2.You two met before you got divorced and your previous marriage records made VO assume that she scam a visa to reach the gold-pathed America! VO tried to figure out her motive so he asked about her ex. Her situation is quite different from a scam case but how can she know? (In some scam cases, the ex entered US illegally many years ago but the applicant was usually recently divorced. Your SO was divorced 14 years ago!)

3.When your SO pronounced "music" VO didn't understand so he had to get a Chinese staff to help. When your SO was talking about things VO didn’t understand, he was more suspicious.

People from inland China speak too fluent Chinese that she didn't realize Chinese is VO's hard-learnt 2nd language. Interesting observation: Guangzhou women who speak very poor mandarin all passed their interview in recent 2 years!

4.Confidence is very important. She wasn't able to clear it up firmly when asked why you didn't get married in China. She has no idea what visa processing is and she was at a loss so VO assumed that she told lies.

Your strengths: 1. Beautiful Income Tax Return, good educational and professional background. 2. She was divorced 14 years ago. 3. She is not bringing any kid to America. Your weakness: short time gap from previous marriage

I call what happened communication failure

This is a critically important post. When I read threads like this on Candle the words of one of our most influential presidents in recent history come to mind:

"ASK NOT, WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY."

These very words emphasize the profound image of our forefathers who both created and died to create an environment, a country in which will could further their legacy. And yet, in their shadows, there are many that have forgotten the most important principles that made this country great. Perhaps those principles are gone, forever forgotten. I am not so cynical.

So what is it? VO bad, immigrant and petitioner good? Is this the reduced form by which all petitions, denials, and feedback are now meausured? Yes, by some indeed, it's just that simple, or at least by those that can stare adversity, inequality, lack of justice in the face and stand strong in support of the country that gave them the right to petition for foreign spouses and fiances, and do what they must.

What the "F" must the US citizen do to prepare their fiance for the inverview? Everything! Then, when done, go back and do it again. Becuase shit happens, anyone not expecting it will fail to wipe it away....

I hope I did not offend or upset anyone here. But maybe because of the denials. That must be so tough. Maybe I could have speculated in another thread. Anyway my appologies if I have offended or hurt, don't know. I sure feel humble about my situation, just for me, but also because I know some of you others are perhaps suffereing in a different situation right now.

I have considered rather seriously what I would do if I had some of the problems stated in this thread. I would find a way to live with her. In a way I did not worry too much about the interview yesterday, because in the end it did not matter what was thrown at us. I knew I would find a way to overcome. So I guess to any newcomer, begin to overcome from the start.

I just wonder if it is possible to measure certain criteria of the SO of his/herself (apearance, language, ability to answer thruthfully in a positive way, confidence, & etc), the way an application was done (heading off possible flags), and then how much Kitchen sink was done for the interview and practicing if needed, review of questions, and oh yeah what is this family history thing about parents and siblings and where they live and born? This was good new knowlege for my wife about my family.

Anyway, I hope the best for what some of you will do to overcome. We have the CR1/2 to go in our future. So I hope the best for all here.

Doug

I hope I did not offend or upset anyone here. But maybe because of the denials. That must be so tough. Maybe I could have speculated in another thread. Anyway my appologies if I have offended or hurt, don't know. I sure feel humble about my situation, just for me, but also because I know some of you others are perhaps suffereing in a different situation right now.

I have considered rather seriously what I would do if I had some of the problems stated in this thread. I would find a way to live with her. In a way I did not worry too much about the interview yesterday, because in the end it did not matter what was thrown at us. I knew I would find a way to overcome. So I guess to any newcomer, begin to overcome from the start.

I just wonder if it is possible to measure certain criteria of the SO of his/herself (apearance, language, ability to answer thruthfully in a positive way, confidence, & etc), the way an application was done (heading off possible flags), and then how much Kitchen sink was done for the interview and practicing if needed, review of questions, and oh yeah what is this family history thing about parents and siblings and where they live and born? This was good new knowlege for my wife about my family.

Anyway, I hope the best for what some of you will do to overcome. We have the CR1/2 to go in our future. So I hope the best for all here.

Doug

Never one time has anybody ever offended me on this site. This forum is for information, help, and opinions from people that have the same thing in common. Yes there are many situations here with every kind imaginable. I am very thankful for all of the help I have received. I wish the best things in life for you and your new family. May God bless you. :)

Living in China for 12 months with SO sounds heaven, IF you are financially OK.

If you have financial problem, the relationship goes sore. One of our members has this experience.

Many Chinese couples fight for money. When money talks, bullshit walks.

Living in China for 12 months with SO sounds heaven, IF you are financially OK.

If you have financial problem, the relationship goes sore. One of our members has this experience.

Many Chinese couples fight for money. When money talks, bullshit walks.

Yes you are right :) BS always walks........Is the reason for many failed relationships.

Yes you are right :D BS always walks........Is the reason for many failed relationships.

When a couple have no financial problems, things are much easier.

Money maybe a big source of fighting, but not a big killer of a relationship.

Killers of relationships:

1. Mental problems

2. Alcohol

3. Greener grass

4. Cultural shock + money

Yes you are right :D BS always walks........Is the reason for many failed relationships.

1. Mental problems

2. Alcohol

3. Greener grass

Hmmmmmmm, this money thing. If mine goes sour, it will be because of #4. I hate that number. :)

chilton747 I wish you God speed as well. I don't have a clue what to recomend or what action your taking now. Seems a lawyer and some of these ought to be tried. The money is important. Whew no matter how good the relationship is. These gals seem to expect certain things as part of the deal. I envy you if you can pull off living over there and stay solvent. I never relaly looked, to busy, and I let my SO talk me out of it.

Doug

Yes you are right :) BS always walks........Is the reason for many failed relationships.

1. Mental problems

2. Alcohol

3. Greener grass

Hmmmmmmm, this money thing. If mine goes sour, it will be because of #4. I hate that number. :P

chilton747 I wish you God speed as well. I don't have a clue what to recomend or what action your taking now. Seems a lawyer and some of these ought to be tried. The money is important. Whew no matter how good the relationship is. These gals seem to expect certain things as part of the deal. I envy you if you can pull off living over there and stay solvent. I never relaly looked, to busy, and I let my SO talk me out of it.

Doug

Mr. Chilton 747: Do not get married in China. Fight for your K1 visa. Lawyers are out to make money, the results they provide are not their bread and butter once they have the money! If you get married in China, even though you may have withdrawn the K1, you will always have that mental thing hanging over you that the consulate may have had something valid. Expend your time over-turning the VO's finding. If you go the I-130 route, the K1 will still be on the record. Stay with that K1 plan, it gives you the ability to have your wife in the United States. You must know, that you can't really live in China indefinitely anyway!

Doug

Mr. Chilton 747: Do not get married in China. Fight for your K1 visa. Lawyers are out to make money, the results they provide are not their bread and butter once they have the money! If you get married in China, even though you may have withdrawn the K1, you will always have that mental thing hanging over you that the consulate may have had something valid. Expend your time over-turning the VO's finding. If you go the I-130 route, the K1 will still be on the record. Stay with that K1 plan, it gives you the ability to have your wife in the United States. You must know, that you can't really live in China indefinitely anyway!

Mrbill I am fighting with every means I have available. So is my SO. The government has the power to deny our visa but they do not have the power to stop our love. Stay tuned the fight has just begun. :roller: