"in rare cases" ...I AM RAW

I will never understand how these people can be so heartless.  To approve a visa then yank the rug out from under your feed is nothing less than cruel.  Hang tough you will prevail.

235743[/snapback]

I agree Carl, but what is even harder for me to understand is why an interview is ever scheduled if all the background checks are not complete!! That's totally irresponsible in my opinion. I wonder what GUZ Speaks would say about this?

We were to pick up the visas Saturday morning;

Making final travel arrangements; spreading the good news; going to a celebration dinner: at 5:30pm Friday evening the Post Office calls and states that the Visas have been denied.  Further background checks are required.  No timeframe is offered.  Come pick up Passports only please.

There is no end to this NIGHTMARE.  I will return to the states alone; cancel shuttles; concerts; airplane tickets;wedding arrangements for family...on and on.

I would like to take this moment to thank my own United States of America Government on their efficiency in aiding one of there CITIZENS in his simple request to unite with his Fiance who has waited patiently for more than 18 months to satisfy this simple application.  I know that my government is always there "to help me".

Phil

235688[/snapback]

So so sorry Phil. How is Yun doing? She must be very upset!!! Do they even tell you why they need to do more background checks?

At (:00am Yun & I picked up her Passports with an attached sheet - Yes, BLUE in color.  It checked off that additional security background check is required and should be resolved within 2 months.

Angela & Mr. Wie relate that they have seen this rarely, before and that it is usually resolved within 1 month.  However, it is a four day process after written notification is received and presented to appear at the Consulate.

Hopefully, noone else needs a "heads up" for this process.

I leave tonight on China Southern.  Of course, they are clipping me for $1,500Y to change my departure.  Thanks.  I feel that this is only the beginning of the digs into my hide.

Phil

235736[/snapback]

Was your so a communist membership? sorry to hear that. I experienced exact same torture.

I know this is heartbreaking news, and it's really unfortunate that what happened might well have been avoided had the consulate been on top of the case processing. I probably wouldn't classify this as a visa denial but rather a delay in the issuance - cold comfort, I know.

Given the length of time in processing your case, I'm wondering if the namecheck expired (usually 12 months), and someone caught it at the last minute.

I still don't get it, aren't backgroud checks finished before the

interview is scheduled? If something pops up as a "red flag" at the last

moment before the interview, don't they issue a blue slip at the interview?

The process sucks enough as it is. The waiting times, delays here or

there for any reason, new laws that cause even more delays, but we

prepare for it. We understand that anything can happen and we mentally

prepare for it. Even if a blue slip is recieved for no APPARENT reason,

we prepare for it because it happens, then we try to calmly deal with

it because we know it happens and we are prepared.

How do you prepare for a phone call from the post office two days after

you have your pink slip saying, "By the way, no visa"! As you are about

to leave for the states. I just find it mind-boggling. What the hell could

they have found a day and a half after granting the visa that they

missed during the whole process?

I know it's been said that you have to prepare for everything, but

this is just a joke. I have an idea! Don't schedule the interview untill

the background checks are complete! They have our cases for months

and years and they can still miss something AFTER granting the visa?

Again, It's one big sick joke!

235703[/snapback]

I don't know what to say either. Lou said a mouthful, I can only say ditto. I was so worried this would happen when my wifes visa wasn't there the morning it was supposed to be. I hope and pray this works out for you two very quickly.

... I wonder what GUZ Speaks would say about this?

235744[/snapback]

Unbelievable doesn't begin to describe this. But, CFL has seen it before, no consolation when it happens to you.

GUZ said this: "The Consulate advises that in rare cases, despite being approved initially during the interview, an applicant’s visa can then be later delayed or denied for various reasons. Applicants should then follow the instructions they are given when they are told their visa will not be available for pick-up. Once again, this is not a common occurrence, but we strongly recommend that applicants do not make any travel plans until they have the visa in hand."

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...47entry161047

Sorry to see you join the club of the never ending black hole.

I can tell you from experience, now there is nothing you can do. The VO has become your god, your air, your blood!!! All you can do is sit and wait and wait and wait and wait!!!

We were supposed to have been done in 2 months also. but it is now 4 months and counting.

My extra time in China cost me a few thousand dollars on all the b---s--t they made me do extra, and lost about a grand on tickets, and wiped out my savings. I live on Social security and they know this.

So sit back and just wait, it is out of your hands now, all up to Guz and the VO that review your case.

Oh, my God. Phil, this is beyond belief. All the others have said it. They have had 18+ months, a year and half out of your life and Yun's life, to examine your case down to the ink on the pages, and now this? It should not be allowed. They should not be able to deny or delay "after" you have the approval. I don't get it. Our government is allowed to "play" with our lives like we're a bunch of toys. And they do this without remorse. I know there will be a good outcome, eventually, but this sucks big time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Yun. I know it will be okay. My best wishes - Ron

We were to pick up the visas Saturday morning;

Making final travel arrangements; spreading the good news; going to a celebration dinner: at 5:30pm Friday evening the Post Office calls and states that the Visas have been denied.  Further background checks are required.  No timeframe is offered.  Come pick up Passports only please.

There is no end to this NIGHTMARE.  I will return to the states alone; cancel shuttles; concerts; airplane tickets;wedding arrangements for family...on and on.

I would like to take this moment to thank my own United States of America Government on their efficiency in aiding one of there CITIZENS in his simple request to unite with his Fiance who has waited patiently for more than 18 months to satisfy this simple application.  I know that my government is always there "to help me".

Phil

235688[/snapback]

Phil, Wow! What a cruel twist of fate this is for you all. It brought a pang to my heart to read your post. I can't imagine the shock all of you are in still. To quote an old Chevy Chase flick, "Now ain't that a bag over the head punch in the face." I sure all will be well in the end and your eventual reunion will be even sweeter. Try not to get stuck in the bad feelings that are sure to arise. It will eat you up inside. We are all pulling for you.

I can only add that we wish you the best and that it is resolved quickly.

Rick & Liyan

Phil, RELAX!

I went through the exact same thing--my signature does not reflect one year of back and forth to china. To make a long story short, we recieved word that are visa was successful and then received blue slip for "additional security check" same as you. Within two days, DOS had completed the "security check" and asked my wife to come back, which she did within the week.

Would you rather that they didn't schedule your interview for last week? How about if they waited until the security check was complete..which may be a few more months, then schedule you for a few months after that?

You may have lucked out in them scheduling your interview as you now have done everything and may get that "surprise letter" tomorrow.

I know is sucks, as it did for me, but it may be a blessing that saves you a few months.

The problem seems to be they thought your security check would be complete and it is not yet complete. This was the case with mine. After I flooded the thee departments in the consulate with emails, phone calls and visits, the problem was resolved within a matter of days and it was truly a simple oversight--not a conspiracy as I first thought.

So, hang in there!

I, my wife and our beautiful two month old daughter wish you a safe and quick ending to your long struggle.

Rob

Phil.. I can only imagine the lump in your throat and the pain in your heart after having this happen to you. I thought security checks were completed prior to P4's being sent out. Is it possible some P4's are sent out without doing the security check? Yes. I was told this by DOS. However, they did state this security check would take at most 2 weeks should this happen. I hope and pray the security check for you goes quickly and you can start your new life in the US.