Yes....tears.....

Guest ShaQuaNew

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! She and daughter passed. There was a delay regarding paperwork for the K2, but all worked out. Very short interview, three minutes or less. Very kind Chinese man. Lan and Sarah are coming to America!! There has been nothing more intense in any of our lives............

231971[/snapback]

Congrats! Great news. I look forward to my day soon :greenblob:

This is why I like this site.... it's a celebration!!! and it's not even my birthday, it's not even my day.

It's all about you and your wife and daughter!! :P

Congrats and thanks for letting us share more happiness in the world...

It's a celebration... will there be dancing in the streets?

Mark

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks to all of you for your support, despite the effects of the emotional roller coaster on my personality. Still, there is a prevalent surreal feeling dominating the minds of our family. They are coming here to the USA. That's freaking unbelievable! I will meet them in Chicago next Friday, where we will all board a flight for Orlando together. We have pre-arranged to have our three seats together.

As far as questions during the interview, I must tell you that I completely understand wanting to know what questions were asked. Actually, a couple of the questions were quite comical, as the Asian man was very kind to Lan, helping her feel at ease. Turns out that he was Korean, and spoke Chinese and English.

In reviewing the FAQ, you will find that there may be about 7-8 interview questions that are repeated over, and over again. The interview time is generally less than five minutes, and Lan's interview was no exception. What was more intense, and trying to every human nerve was that the day began at 5:00AM and it took six full hours to get there. Getting in the interview chair is the battle, it is there that your partner will shine. I did my best to micro-manage the affair, but Lan is a strong woman and asserts herself with a good deal of confidence, though the day of the interview, both of us had spines of jelly-fish.

Again, the Korean VO was very kind to Lan. The following is a summary:

VO: "Hello, do you speak English?"

Lan: "Yes."

VO: "How many times has your fiance been to China to visit you?"

Lan: "Three times. Would you like to see a copy of his passport?"

VO: "Yes, please."

[Lan submits the copy]

VO: "Does your daughter speak English?"

Sarah: "Yes, I do."

VO: "Please, go sit over there."

VO: "Do you have photographs to show me?"

Lan: "Yes." [Lan hands several photos to the VO]

VO: "It looks to me like you love each other very much."

Lan: "Thank you. Yes, we do."

VO: Can you tell me the colors of the American flag?"

Lan: "Red, and Blue, and...

VO: "Is that all?"

Lan: "Uh, no. And White."

VO: "Smiles broadly. You pass."

Lan then walked the few steps back to the chair where Sarah was directed to sit by the VO. She asked her Mother, "What's wrong? Why was it so fast? "Is everything OK?"

They both hugged each other in great joy. The interview was approximately three minutes.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Hey, Jessie! Told you the paperwork shouldn't be a problem.

You have now passed this stage of 'right of passage'. Up to now, you have been through one of the roughest times in your life. Months of increasing anger, depression, worry. Did I mention stress? And the closer to the interview, the worse it got. Thinking about all the things that could go wrong and how to mediate them. And in one little message, all of that has been lifted from your shoulders and you are on the greatest natural high. All of the 'bad' stuff is gone.

Not to say there won't be little bits of anxiety left to go. Like worrying about them getting here safely, getting through immigrations and customs. But it's with the knowledge that they will.

There's still some AOS and stuff to do. More forms, more waiting. But it will be while you are together.

Congratulations, my friend....you're now one of us who have survived GUZ.

232038[/snapback]

Thanks Don. Thank you a whole lot.....

Interview Results