Interview Questions

Hi, I am just trying to be proactive. My wife is still waiting for the P4 packet and inteview date but I am wondering what type of questions does the interviewee ask? This is a CR-1 situation. We have been legally married for almost 1.5 years. It is the first marriage for both of us. We have wedding pictures, e-mail and chat proof of communication. Will they ask for specifics such as wanting to see my proof of work and income? Or they just ask my wife questions just about our relationship history? Thank you for all your insight and help!

Received this from my attorney if it helps:

SAMPLE K-3 SPOUSAL VISA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

How did you two meet?

How long have you known your fiancé (spouse)?

How many times has he (U.S. citizen spouse) been to (your country)?

How old is your spouse? What is his/her birthdate? (Give age and birthdate as stated on U.S. citizen spouse's G-325A form.)

How many times have you met in person? (Give approximate dates. Relate dates of all meetings as closely as possible.)

How big is the house where you will be living? (Get this info from the U.S. spouse.)

What is your spouse's name? (Cite name as it appears on birth certificate or U.S. passport.)

Where are you traveling to? (City, state and location in U.S.A.)

What is your age difference? (e.g., We are married and in love and age has no bearing on our relationship.)

Do you plan on working when you arrive in USA? (e.g., Only once the necessary papers are filed and in order.)

What kind of work does your U.S. spouse do?

When did you decide to marry?

What does your spouse do for a living?

Have your parents met your spouse?

What is his/her favorite color?

What is your U.S. spouse’s favorite food? (Check with spouse ahead of time to know this.)

What kind of music does he/she like?

What kind of car does he/she have?

How old is he/she?

Has your US spouse been married before? Does he or she have children from that marriage? If so, what are his or her children's names? (e.g., Cite previous marriages, names and ages of children.)

When was your spouse divorced? Why? Does this worry you?

What is your spouse's mother's name? Father's name? (Give the names, study from G-325A form.)

Have you had sexual relations with your spouse? When? (Be honest.)

What is your spouse's religious background? Yours?

Do you speak English?

How do you two communicate? (e.g., three-point answer might be: yes, it is slow; he is patient with me; it is easier to communicate in-person)

Factual inquiries about his parents and siblings

Has your family met your spouse?

How much time have you spent in USA?

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
Received this from my attorney if it helps:

SAMPLE K-3 SPOUSAL VISA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

How did you two meet?

How long have you known your fiancé (spouse)?

How many times has he (U.S. citizen spouse) been to (your country)?

How old is your spouse? What is his/her birthdate?  (Give age and birthdate as stated on U.S. citizen spouse's G-325A form.)

How many times have you met in person?  (Give approximate dates. Relate dates of all meetings as closely as possible.)

How big is the house where you will be living?  (Get this info from the U.S. spouse.)

What is your spouse's name?  (Cite name as it appears on birth certificate or U.S. passport.)

Where are you traveling to?  (City, state and location in U.S.A.)

What is your age difference?  (e.g., We are married and in love and age has no bearing on our relationship.)

Do you plan on working when you arrive in USA?  (e.g., Only once the necessary papers are filed and in order.)

What kind of work does your U.S. spouse do?

When did you decide to marry?

What does your spouse do for a living?

Have your parents met your spouse?

What is his/her favorite color?

What is your U.S. spouse’s favorite food?  (Check with spouse ahead of time to know this.)

What kind of music does he/she like?

What kind of car does he/she have?

How old is he/she?

Has your US spouse been married before?  Does he or she have children from that marriage?  If so, what are his or her children's names?  (e.g., Cite previous marriages, names and ages of children.)

When was your spouse divorced?  Why?  Does this worry you?

What is your spouse's mother's name?  Father's name?  (Give the names, study from G-325A form.)

Have you had sexual relations with your spouse? When?  (Be honest.)

Do you speak English?

How do you two communicate? (e.g., three-point answer might be: yes, it is slow; he is patient with me; it is easier to communicate in-person)

Factual inquiries about his parents and siblings

Has your family met your spouse?

How much time have you spent in USA?

226016[/snapback]

I think that some of these questions are not usually asked in GUZ . At least I haven't seen those questions anywhere in the faq or elswhere on this board.

Here's a link to the infamous 95 questions - questions that have been compiled over the years. Guangzhou doesn't seem to go this far, and most times only asks a handful of questions. While some of the questions are K-1 specific, like the I-129F, if you substitute "spouse" for "fiance(e)", you'll get an idea.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Qu...Final1.htm#Q1_2 (English)

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Qu...Final1.htm#Q1_3 (Chinese).

I think that some of these questions are not usually asked in GUZ . At least I haven't seen those questions anywhere in the faq or elswhere on this board.

226057[/snapback]

I have read a lot of interview experience reports in GZ recently, almost every one be asked among all those questions only except these 2:

226057[/snapback]

I have read a lot of interview experience reports in GZ recently, almost every one be asked among all those questions only except these 2:

226074[/snapback]

One thing I hadn’t noticed in the sample questions was that the visa officer had asked my wife for the itineraries of all my trips to China. And asked her the dates and for how long each trip was for. My wife felt that the pictures were very important and made the comment that the visa officer laughed and enjoy viewing them very much. The most difficult question the visa officer asked was in regards to my family like what their names were and what they did for employment. She had never meant them but knew their names and had an ideal what they did for a living so the visa officer seemed satisfied.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)
Hi, I am just trying to be proactive.  My wife is still waiting for the P4 packet and inteview date but I am wondering what type of questions does the interviewee ask?  This is a CR-1 situation.  We have been legally married for almost 1.5 years.  It is the first marriage for both of us.  We have wedding pictures, e-mail and chat proof of communication.  Will they ask for specifics such as wanting to see my proof of work and income?  Or they just ask my wife questions just about our relationship history?  Thank you for all your insight and help!

226015[/snapback]

Welcome to CFL. Best spot in the universe. Well it's good your here anyway.

"Have you had sexual relations with your spouse? When? (Be honest.)"

OMG PEOPLE DO THAT? What kind of sicko has relations with their spouse...wow, this world is going to hell in a handbasket I tell ya.

Wonder if I should bring video or will pictures suffice? lol jk

Edited by trickyspark (see edit history)
Wonder if I should bring video or will pictures suffice?

Hey Charlie you're supposed to save those for your friends.

226583[/snapback]

I think if anyone saw any "pictures" of me they wouldn't call me a friend lol. Pale, hairy, nuff said. :D