My husband's brother passed away this morning after suffering a lot cancer pain. <_< Even though all our family members are peace for the day coming, we are still sad. I will interview in 3 days, according to chinese superstition it is not good sign, as my husband might be in the funeral while I am interviewing.

I fly GZ this afternoon, get medical check tomorrow. Hope I can get visa smoothly and end up this long waiting.

Thanks all guys here, I did got a lot help from CFL family.

It might be unlucky by Chinese superstition, but for your husband's family, your successful interview and coming to the US will be a bright spot in a sad time for his family because they will be welcoming a new member (you) into it <_<

Paula, you will do good and get the visa, no any problem.

I am sorry to hear about the news about your hubby's brother, but it is maybe good for him, he will never suffering the cancer again,for him it is a kind of survive.

And for your husband's family, they loose a member, but they get a new one, they will feel happy for your coming.

There are 2 sides for everything, and you will never loose your confidence if you always see the bright side.

Good luck for your interview!

I am waiting for listen your interview report at your interview night in 001 chat room!

Sorry to hear about this happening and sorry it is at this time.

I guess you can talk to your family about the customs of mourning. If your mom and dad have strong feelings and you do also, you can then choose what to do.

In our case we could not hold a wedding ceremony last year due to a death in the family. When we had the wedding ceremony this year, my wife's father calculated what time, exactly, I had to take the bride from his house.

I would continue to the interview if it is possible and then negotiate with the family on the timing of my departure from China.

Thanks all guys' support here. I am glad of being of one member of our big CFL family. I am staying at Mr.Yang's room now. The weater here is very humid, which is totally different from my city. I have got my physical done today and vaccinated too. It is too expensive. I am almost broken now :roller: My husband is in St. Louis now too and funeral is in tomorrow. Yes I am pretty sure that I can get visa as we do love each other so much and have too many proofs.

Yes, be positive and do your very best for your new family!

For every ending, there is a new beginning. The circle is always unbroken.

-James