Doing the interview without a translator

Jen was going to be just fine! :lol: After 2 failed attempts to get in the building, can't have a PDA and then no pocket watch(chain). We wound up having to wait no more than about 5 minutes before being called in.

First impression. When Jen was asked if she spoke English and her response was "a little", I thought the VO was going to take her hand for a moment and make sure she was going to be OK as she sait "well that's alright". I can't begin to put together all of the questions as she alternated between the both of us. If Jen didn't understand a question, she would rephrase it or let me help her understand. In all, my guess is we were there for about 40 minutes and at no time did I get the feeling that she had it in for us. I'm sure that another VO might have stopped us and said to reschedule with a translator, but our luck of the draw seems to continue.

I was also able to confirm that, yes, the letter returned from our inept post office was the request for boimetrics. Which we are yet to recieve. :rolleyes: We were given a letter to do this at the interview in which we returned promptly to Modesto and completed. Funny part there was when the person stated that the name to put up was to be her original name and not the married name, I was told that could be changed at the interview. I thought the guy's jaw was going to hit the desk when I showed him that we had just come from there.

After all is said and done, we are almost there. Didn't look at the latest letter from employer, didn't look at 2005 return or W-2, and only snag was that she couldn't make copies of bank statements, my DL, other document brought for proof so I have to make copies and mail them in. :rolleyes: Lesson there, MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING.

Best parts, when looking at the pictures, she gave a chuckle followed by "now who are these people" when she came across the SLOB group photos. :lol:

Best Q&A, VO to Jen,"How many times have you been married?" Jen, "2005". :roller:

In all, it is so nice to see only a few formalities between us and the finish line. And I am soooo proud of my wife. :lol: :lol: However nervous she was, she held it together and came across as the charming and wonderful person she is.

And yes, I very much love my little panda. :king:

So Jim ... I read your post 3 times ...did you guys pass?

(I am very sagua!)

206966[/snapback]

That's the way I read it. :rolleyes: We got a form stating what they still want from me and she said that until Jen did the biometrics, she would not get the green card. So unless my darling wife is an axe murderer and shows up on the FBI watch list, :rolleyes: I believe we did OK. :roller:

Edited by Feathers268 (see edit history)

Jim...

congratulations.....