OK....."here goes".......I went to china a week before her interview.Hussle and bussle is extreme sometimes,as in trying to arrainge travel to Guangzhuo,making a video,etc.We flew from Tianjin to Guangzhou in about 2 hours.We stayed at the Guangzhou East Railway Station Hotel.For about 20 dollars a night,the room was way more nice than one could expect.Many resturuants abound the maze of streets.

The people were very friendly and willing to help.We needed 4 photographs made for her 156's at 8 o'clock at night.No problem.I want to mention that care should be given to the documents your SO has prepared without you being there.I found several "I's not dotted and T's not crossed."

We got to the consulate building at about 7 in the morning,where there were already about 50 people lined up.As the crowd grew,we were all lined up in single file by the guards.We entered and parted,she going to the consulate office and I waiting in the coffee shop.

While waiting for her to come out,I sipped on coffee,and noticed about 4-5 "promised visa companies".What a joke.

I gave her my passport and she wore the ring I gave her last year.She had a pile of evidence about 7 inches thick.

She said it was very hard to hear the VO,much less try to understand the english.She was mostly grilled about how we met.She was'nt even asked of her soso recent divorce,or our method of communication.She had that document bag FULL of evidence we had;emails,chat,postage receipts for gifts,etc.She said VO only "thumbed" through the pictures we had collected.

The VO was a chinese man about 30 years old.They ended up doing the interview in chinese,as it was hard for her to understand what the VO was asking in english due to all the noise in the office.

I'm convinced that if you both truely love each other,then it is a no brainer to have a full arsenal for your SO to go with.Don't wait to have to make a video later.Make sure she has ANY possible evidence they might want.I studied the blue slips way in advance,thus giving me an idea what she should have.She said she could tell that the VO noticed the size of the bag she had all the evidence in,and I think he new he could'nt give her a problem,because there was no problem.......we were fully prepared for anything they could throw.

We rode the train from Guangzhou back to Tianjin.It was very cool to see the countryside.We had a sleeper cabin with beds...if only my eyes and brain were a motion picture camera.

Thanks again CFL for info. on preparedness.....NO LAWYER NEEDED.

OK....."here goes".......I went to china a week before her interview.Hussle and bussle is extreme sometimes,as in trying to arrainge travel to Guangzhuo,making a video,etc.We flew from Tianjin to Guangzhou in about 2 hours.We stayed at the Guangzhou East Railway Station Hotel.For about 20 dollars a night,the room was way more nice than one could expect.Many resturuants abound the maze of streets.

The people were very friendly and willing to help.We needed 4 photographs made for her 156's at 8 o'clock at night.No problem.I want to mention that care should be given to the documents your SO has prepared without you being there.I found several "I's not dotted and T's not crossed."

We got to the consulate building at about 7 in the morning,where there were already about 50 people lined up.As the crowd grew,we were all lined up in single file by the guards.We entered and parted,she going to the consulate office and I waiting in the coffee shop.

While waiting for her to come out,I sipped on coffee,and noticed about 4-5 "promised visa companies".What a joke.

I gave her my passport and she wore the ring I gave her last year.She had a pile of evidence about 7 inches thick.

She said it was very hard to hear the VO,much less try to understand the english.She was mostly grilled about how we met.She was'nt even asked of her soso recent divorce,or our method of communication.She had that document bag FULL of evidence we had;emails,chat,postage receipts for gifts,etc.She said VO only "thumbed" through the pictures we had collected.

The VO was a chinese man about 30 years old.They ended up doing the interview in chinese,as it was hard for her to understand what the VO was asking in english due to all the noise in the office.

I'm convinced that if you both truely love each other,then it is a no brainer to have a full arsenal for your SO to go with.Don't wait to have to make a video later.Make sure she has ANY possible evidence they might want.I studied the blue slips way in advance,thus giving me an idea what she should have.She said she could tell that the VO noticed the size of the bag she had all the evidence in,and I think he new he could'nt give her a problem,because there was no problem.......we were fully prepared for anything they could throw.

We rode the train from Guangzhou back to Tianjin.It was very cool to see the countryside.We had a sleeper cabin with beds...if only my eyes and brain were a motion picture camera.

203923[/snapback]

yeah. It was funny to see those "visa consultants" standing outside on level 4 and trying to persuade you in their office. :unsure:

203923[/snapback]

Nothing beats being prepared...

Congratulations on an interview well done.

And yes, those visa hustlers can get quite annoying at times. I just ignore them. I figure that anyone who lets them do their visas, are going to end up with a sloppy job, and possibly get into more trouble from missing info or mis-interpretations. If you do it yourself, you can at least be sure that it has been done with the greatest care.

SO approved.........What a relief.I can attest that an arsenal of evidence and the fact that the VO new I was right out side waiting in the coffee shop were the the main factors in success.Not to mention the wealth of information gained from CFL...Thankyou fellow members.On my return to the states,I plan on giving a FULL detailed short story of this experience.

203709[/snapback]

Do you think you would have had any less of a chance getting your SO visa if you were not there sipping coffee? Gratz on getting your honey one step closer to home.

SO approved.........What a relief.I can attest that an arsenal of evidence and the fact that the VO new I was right out side waiting in the coffee shop were the the main factors in success.Not to mention the wealth of information gained from CFL...Thankyou fellow members.On my return to the states,I plan on giving a FULL detailed short story of this experience.

203709[/snapback]

Do you think you would have had any less of a chance getting your SO visa if you were not there sipping coffee? Gratz on getting your honey one step closer to home.

204073[/snapback]

hunter........yes I do believe me being there "iced the cake".Upon handing the VO her passport,she included mine.I think this is probably the very strongest evidence you can provide for your SO;proving your love to the VO as well as to her.The more you can prove bona fide,the better.

203709[/snapback]

204073[/snapback]

hunter........yes I do believe me being there "iced the cake".Upon handing the VO her passport,she included mine.I think this is probably the very strongest evidence you can provide for your SO;proving your love to the VO as well as to her.The more you can prove bona fide,the better.

204133[/snapback]

So, by that logic. My wife probably will not get a visa then. I used 7 days to visit her in Feb 06, and I only have 10 days allowed for vacation. So if I choose to lose my job I can go to china when my wife has her interview. How could anyone put a human in that position? Its a shame that in our day and age, a man working hard at home so he can provide for his wife cannot be enough to "prove his love"

Edited by hunter (see edit history)

203709[/snapback]

204073[/snapback]

204133[/snapback]

So, by that logic. My wife probably will not get a visa then. I used 7 days to visit her in Feb 06, and I only have 10 days allowed for vacation. So if I choose to lose my job I can go to china when my wife has her interview. How could anyone put a human in that position? Its a shame that in our day and age, a man working hard at home so he can provide for his wife cannot be enough to "prove his love"

204204[/snapback]

Being there is not a requirement, and many have passed without it.

But I like to be there for my own reasons.

1. Emotional support for her to give her some moral and confidence.

2. Sharing an important time with her.

3. Being there in case anything goes wrong, and she needs help with anything such as translations and such.

4. I don't like the idea of her coming on the plane by herself, because waiting for her to be here is going to feel like torture. Think of all the concerns that can be running through your head during the wait. If you're with her, there is no anxiety. Just a feeling of happiness.

5. I get to make the flight here easier and more enjoyable for her by being with her.

6. She has stuff to pack and bring here. I can help with the luggage. I bring the maximum number of bags I can briing, and have them 90% empty. Then I put all her stuff in those. So we have like 2 large bags, 2 small, and 2 backpacks.