A VoIP Phone Company

I told my wife that the call to China is free using Italkbb. Then she asked if her brother has to pay using his c-phone in China to talk to us. I said no at first. Then I told her that he has to pay for using his c-phone but the charge is not related to Italkbb. Then she said the call is not free. :shutup2: B)

That is true Tony. The call is not free for the Chinese person unless they have a plan on their cell/mobile that allows them to receive free incoming calls. I do not believe most people with pre-paid plans in China have free incoming minutes.

my wife calls me from her cell and her home phone and it is free. I guess she does have to pay for her cell phone usage, but not long distance because they call a china number, not your home number.

NewDay, your wife is free from international long distance charges, but she's not free from domestic long distance charges. Unless the Chinese number that BBtalk gave you is located in Nanning, she will pay domestic long distance charges and airtime minutes to call you.

In China, all airtime use, even from a landline, will cost money. Most places are around .10rmb / minute. The best idea is to have them call you, then immediately hang up and call them back. If you call back to a land line, then it really will be absolutley free to all parties.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number you call from china is a toll free number.

This sounds too good to be true. Without giving your specific number, can you give the format? For example. A US number would be 1-901-387-xxxx

What is the format of the toll-free Chinese number that iBBTalk issues out?

from italkBB

1. Call 179710+BB# (e.g. 179710+8991034321). If 179710 call does not work at a location in China, please use 2. below

2. Call one of the following access numbers from a fixed phone or mobile phone (13439377355,13439377356,13439377357,13439377358). The call will disconnect when ring. You phone willthen receive a call in a few seconds. Pick up the phone and dial BB# (e.g. 8991024321)

The number you call from china is a toll free number.

This sounds too good to be true. Without giving your specific number, can you give the format? For example. A US number would be 1-901-387-xxxx

What is the format of the toll-free Chinese number that iBBTalk issues out?

China Call back methods.

1. Call 179710+BB# (e.g. 179710+8991034321). If 179710 call does not work at a location

in China, please use 2. below

2. Call one of the following access numbers from a fixed phone or mobile phone (13439377355,

13439377356,13439377357,13439377358). The call will disconnect when ring. You phone will

then receive a call in a few seconds. Pick up the phone and dial BB# (e.g. 8991024321)

From the FAQ section:

What is China DID?

China DID is a number that is bundled with your iTalkBB IP Box. In most cities in China, a caller just needs to dial a local number and the call will be connected to your IP Box in the U.S. and ring through your telephone.

The caller in China is only responsible for his local telephone charges as if he placed a normal local call.

How do I get China DID?

China DID is a free feature offered to all of our customers. When your family and friends call from China, they do not have to pay any expensive long distance charges.

I live in the United States, why do I need a China DID?

When you have a China DID, your family and friends are able to call you from China without paying expensive long distance charges. To them, it's just like making a local call, and to you it is free and unlimited when you sign up for our $24.99 Global Unlimited plan.

What is the difference between iTalkBB's China DID and a regular China phone number?

iTalkBB's China DID is like an 800 number. When a caller places a call to you, by dialing your China DID, he will not be charged for the international long distance call.

from italkBB

1. Call 179710+BB# (e.g. 179710+8991034321). If 179710 call does not work at a location in China, please use 2. below

2. Call one of the following access numbers from a fixed phone or mobile phone (13439377355,13439377356,13439377357,13439377358). The call will disconnect when ring. You phone willthen receive a call in a few seconds. Pick up the phone and dial BB# (e.g. 8991024321)

Sigen and C4Racer, thanks for the info. That's really pretty smart of them to offer this. It's a bit of pain but most Chinese people would be willing to save a buck or two and deal with these added steps to call for free. Very nice. I don't need this now as my SO and I communicate via Skype everyday but once she gets here I think it'll be useful for her to keep in contact with her family. Then it will be very useful. I just hope they don't raise the monthly fee next year.

from italkBB

Sigen and C4Racer, thanks for the info. That's really pretty smart of them to offer this. It's a bit of pain but most Chinese people would be willing to save a buck or two and deal with these added steps to call for free. Very nice. I don't need this now as my SO and I communicate via Skype everyday but once she gets here I think it'll be useful for her to keep in contact with her family. Then it will be very useful. I just hope they don't raise the monthly fee next year.

They have a deal which I used. Pay for a year and get two months free. So I don't have a phone bill period for 14 months. Hopefully, it will still be an offer when you want to sign up.

This really sounds like a great deal. I also don;t need it now, but hopefully some. Also I shold be moving in a few months and wil switch from Vonage to this service.

Question, two features that Vonage has are nice and I was wondering if this service has them. The first is I can set my Vonage up to ring on my cell phone and second, Vonage allows for wha they call Virtual numbers. With the Virtual numbers, I have one phone line but can have multiple number on that line (I think they charge $5.00 per month for each virtual number). The reason I would want this is I will be moving and want to keep my Austin texas number for a while.

I am not pushing Vonage and will need the China based service but wondered if they offer these type of features???

The first is I can set my Vonage up to ring on my cell phone and second, Vonage allows for wha they call Virtual numbers. With the Virtual numbers, I have one phone line but can have multiple number on that line (I think they charge $5.00 per month for each virtual number). The reason I would want this is I will be moving and want to keep my Austin texas number for a while.

I am not pushing Vonage and will need the China based service but wondered if they offer these type of features???

I believe with iBBTalk, you can forward your calls so you can forward the calls to you cell, but I'm not sure you can have virtual numbers. I also think virtual numbers are very cool feature to have.

The first is I can set my Vonage up to ring on my cell phone and second, Vonage allows for wha they call Virtual numbers. With the Virtual numbers, I have one phone line but can have multiple number on that line (I think they charge $5.00 per month for each virtual number). The reason I would want this is I will be moving and want to keep my Austin texas number for a while.

I believe with iBBTalk, you can forward your calls so you can forward the calls to you cell, but I'm not sure you can have virtual numbers. I also think virtual numbers are very cool feature to have.

I agree with you. I decided not to be lazy and went to the ITalk BB site. They do offer call forwarding but I did not see the virtual numbers. The call forwarding is more important to me.

They do offer two months free is you pay for 12 months (a pretty good deal) and they have some sort of Mobile interface that Is not clear to me. But as my son says the older I get the stupider I get..... I guess he knows better he is younger!! :unsure: :blink:

As I get older there is an old expression I remember that goes" Youth is wasted on the Young"!!! How true it is!!! :lol: :lol:

This really sounds like a great deal. I also don;t need it now, but hopefully some. Also I shold be moving in a few months and wil switch from Vonage to this service.

Question, two features that Vonage has are nice and I was wondering if this service has them. The first is I can set my Vonage up to ring on my cell phone and second, Vonage allows for wha they call Virtual numbers. With the Virtual numbers, I have one phone line but can have multiple number on that line (I think they charge $5.00 per month for each virtual number). The reason I would want this is I will be moving and want to keep my Austin texas number for a while.

They have call forwarding, which will allow for ringing your Italk on your cell or they have Italk mobile. Italk gives you additional call back numbers from China and calling to China from your cell phone. It is 4.99 per month. Basically it gives you Italk on your cell.

I couldn't find a direct answer to your second quesion, but I believe it would be possible. They already let you select any area code you want in the country no matter where you will be using it. Their idea is if you are in LA but do busines mostly in NY, then the NY area code will be best for you.

Also, if you travel and want to get calls like you are home. Simply take the Italk box with you and plug it into any broadband connection. No one knows you are away from home cause they are simply calling your home number.

Bing and I have had Italk since last August and it is working well for us. We did have on issue when I was in Kentucky a couple months ago. Bing had to recycle the broadband modem to get the phone to work. I don't think it was an Italk issue though, just on of the things about VOIP you sometimes have to deal with.

Later this month, I will go to South Carolina overnight. If I take my IBtalk box with me and the hotel has High Speed internet, I will be able to have my phone service with me, peopel can call me like I'm at home and I can call my lovely wife also for free. One sutie does add up even though it is only 2.2 cents a minute.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)