A VoIP Phone Company

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just signed up for iTalkBB recently, and got the phone device yesterday. Initial test seems okay, though my wife thinks the quality isn't as good (we used OneSuite before). Maybe it was a bad connection, or she was expecting better quality. At any rate, the cost is ($4.99+2.0cent/min) vs ($35+2.2cent/min - what I'm paying now). I will eventually disconnect my local home line after a couple weeks of use to make sure everything works well.

I guess my only concern is the China DID 17971 number that is used for incoming calls from China. Has anyone ever had an experience where they were charged for making calls to this number (aside from standard charges they would normally make to a local number). Her family lives in Shanghai, so that's where the calls are coming from. Just wanted to be 100% sure, and not have her family ending up with a huge bill.

Aside from that, the cost and features of this service sounds very promising. I hope the voice quality won't be too much of a bother for my wife. :P

Good luck to anyone else who is switching to italkbb.

OK, I started looking at ITalkBB versus the Vonage I now have.

With Vonage I will give up three nice features that ITalk BB does not have. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Vonage has a simultaneous ring feature where a call will ring at the same time on my home number and on my cell phone. Yes ITalkBB has a call forwarding but it is not the same.

Vonage has a Voice mail features that ItalkBB does not have. So if my internet service is down, all calls with Vonage go to a VM. With ITalkBB, the calls are lost. (maybe not if using the call forwarding feature of ITalkBB).

Vonage has an E-mailing of VM's to my e-mail account but then ITALKBB Does not have VM.

Vonage allows me to add extra (Ghost numbers) for about $5.00 per month and ITALKBB does not offer this feature.

Of course ITalkBB does offer the free calling to China that trumps all other lost features.

So who has switched from Vonage to ITALKBB? During the switch were you able to use your Vonage and ITALKBB equipment on the cable modem??

If you have a Linksys router for Vonage (As I do), can you use it also for ITalkBB as it accepts two numbers?

If you switched from Vonage to ITALKBB and took your old Vonage number, how long did the switch take and how well did it go???

What else do I need to know???

check out Broadvoice.com

With Vonage I will give up three nice features that ITalk BB does not have. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Vonage has a simultaneous ring feature where a call will ring at the same time on my home number and on my cell phone. Yes ITalkBB has a call forwarding but it is not the same.

Vonage has a Voice mail features that ItalkBB does not have. So if my internet service is down, all calls with Vonage go to a VM. With ITalkBB, the calls are lost. (maybe not if using the call forwarding feature of ITalkBB).

Vonage has an E-mailing of VM's to my e-mail account but then ITALKBB Does not have VM.

Vonage allows me to add extra (Ghost numbers) for about $5.00 per month and ITALKBB does not offer this feature.

Of course ITalkBB does offer the free calling to China that trumps all other lost features.

So who has switched from Vonage to ITALKBB? During the switch were you able to use your Vonage and ITALKBB equipment on the cable modem??

If you have a Linksys router for Vonage (As I do), can you use it also for ITalkBB as it accepts two numbers?

If you switched from Vonage to ITALKBB and took your old Vonage number, how long did the switch take and how well did it go???

check out Broadvoice.com

THAT SERVICE LOOKS GOOD. It seems that with each service you get benefits and also give up other benefits.

The one beenfit of ITalkBb that is excellent is the phone number in China.

check out Broadvoice.com

THAT SERVICE LOOKS GOOD. It seems that with each service you get benefits and also give up other benefits.

I have called ITalkBB several times and I really feel that there customer service sucks!!! I even had the wifey call and talk to

them in Chinese but, still they can't or want answer my questions.

So I opt not to jack with them. I must be able to have incoming and out going faxes any time I need.

As I work from home and faxes or a must

And plus calling a local number is a pain in the behind, 90% of the

time the local number your calling is always busy. We have a Chinese

neighbor that has there service. I went to his home and tried his phone

but was not impressed with what they have to offer.

The line was not so clear on the three calls I made from his home

"2 local calls and 1 long distance" a few times the line was busy but,

when I dial the same number with my cell the line was not busy..

go figure!~!

I feel they really need to take care of there customer service and have someone that can speak English and knows how to help someone when they call and ask for HELP.

We may opt to have a second line just for the family to call us any time they need

JMO

Bobby....

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

check out Broadvoice.com

I have called ITalkBB several times and I really feel that there customer service sucks!!! I even had the wifey call and talk to

So I opt not to jack with them. I must be able to have incoming and out going faxes any time I need.

As I work from home and faxes or a must

And plus calling a local number is a pain in the behind, 90% of the

time the local number your calling is always busy. We have a Chinese

neighbor that has there service. I went to his home and tried his phone

but was not impressed with what they have to offer.

The line was not so clear on the three calls I made from his home

"2 local calls and 1 long distance" a few times the line was busy but,

when I dial the same number with my cell the line was not busy..

go figure!~!

I feel they really need to take care of there customer service and have someone that can speak English and knows how to help someone when they call and ask for HELP.

We may opt to have a second line just for the family to call us any time they need

JMO

Bobby....

Bobby:

For incoming faxes I use www.K7.net. They give you a free fax number, but the area code is 206 not texas. When I am faxed, the fax is turned into an e-mail and the e-mail sent to me. I just open the e-mail and print the fax out, plus I get to save the fax encaser I need it later.

Right now, I use Vonage and they allow me to fax out using my regular Vonage number.

Lawrence

check out Broadvoice.com

currently I have both Italkbb and broadvoice, to call china we find broadvoice easier but my wifes family can call our home or mobile with Italkbb #

That's good to know. We'll probably end up calling back most of the time anyway, their local call fees there can add up I think.

My wife just confirmed that her sister in Shanghai is not charged anything extra for calling us. Same fee to them as a local call.

• 1 year later...

Agreed. I have been trying to get them to give me the password for configuring their router for port forwarding, and, it's impossible. When we've had other difficulties, neither I nor my wife were able to understand them!