OK, what's next?

I have a question about the same address/name on bills thing. We are going to be living with my mom at first- for at least a few months. Will this hurt his AOS chances since we won't have anything showing our names together??

Any advice?? What other evidence can we gather for AOS?

Thanks for the list Carl... it's really helpful though we don't have to worry about changing his name. Only mine!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open a joint checking and savings account. What about a car? Put both names on the registration.

The bank account we'll definatly do. Not sure about the car- he can't drive... does he have to have a license to be on the registration? One of the reasons we're going to Chicago is cuz we won't have to buy a car right away.... at least that's the plan.

Money, money money.

The bank account is a good idea... any others, anyone??

I have a question about the same address/name on bills thing. We are going to be living with my mom at first- for at least a few months. Will this hurt his AOS chances since we won't have anything showing our names together??

Any advice?? What other evidence can we gather for AOS?

Thanks for the list Carl... it's really helpful though we don't have to worry about changing his name. Only mine!

It really isn't that big of a deal. i called UCIS and they said anything that proves blah blah blah----checking account is good---bring a void check or statement. Even if you are living with parents mail for him coming to that address would be goood too. they realy don't ask for much and if you have all the financial stuff etc.. it isn't a big deal---mostly a formality!

Get his credit going. Joint credit card...even if you cut it up and never use it, gets him going on some of the credit reports. May help in the long-term, too.

Just my opinion. I'm no expert, and others may quickly point out any possible foolishness on this one...and I'll be learning, too.

Open a joint checking and savings account. What about a car? Put both names on the registration.

The bank account we'll definatly do. Not sure about the car- he can't drive... does he have to have a license to be on the registration? One of the reasons we're going to Chicago is cuz we won't have to buy a car right away.... at least that's the plan.

Money, money money.

The bank account is a good idea... any others, anyone??

Same Health insurance for both of you. Utility bills with both names (like c-phone account and phone cards).

Actually a good question. After a couple years of a really strange life situation of dealing with "the process" is it simple to sit back and say where do we go from here?

Do you have a carry on bag Roger? When the time comes for your interview dump all the evidence in there andtake it with you. But does anyone know if the marriage gets dissolved and the SO sent home if several years later we destroy the evidence? :blink: :unsure:

But, but...where do I send the checks? How do I get an interview? What about civil surgeons, fingerprintingbiometricsblah blah blah... :blink:  Don't I send in the forms now? Somewhere? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

134028[/snapback]

Roger, if you are desperate feel free to send any amount of paper to my address. Oh yeah, each one needs to have a check attached, I'll PM you the address and name to put on the checks.

I promise to give you the same dedicated attention you have become accustomed. :unsure: