Finally got the visa

Hello all,

First of all, many thanks to everyone at Candle for your support, well wishes, and prayers as we struggled through the Guangzhou blue slip hell. You may remember, my wife's interview was on 2/16 and she passed only to receive a blue slip the next day when she went back for the visa. We submitted every piece of email, pictures, videos, and chat cd's which totally confused the VO. This woman was convinced that ours was a sham relationship. After she saw the huge stack of stuff we submitted, she decided to talk to my wife again. This time we found out what the real problem was. There was third party correspondence involved. We know the two people that sent this to the consolate. They are Chinese criminals and I will just leave it at that. After the truth came out, my wife got her visa. It was a very difficult few days and I hope nobody ever has to go through what we did. We did finally come out ok and I think these two criminals are totally discredited now, so hopefully no one else will have a problem from them. If anyone would like to know more, just pm me and I will fill you in.

Our story is a long one and I will post it all sometime in "Our Stories" but for now, I just wanted to let you know that love did prevail in our case. My wife has her visa and is on her way to the US right now. I will be meeting her tomorrow and bringing her home. There is light at the end of the tunnel, so for all of you still waiting, don't give up hope. Problems in Guangzhou can be overcome. True love will always win in the end. Thanks for your support. Now for a little last minute house cleaning before she gets here. Life is sweet!

Wow, so glad to hear you made it through all that!! Finally, she will be there and life together can begin.

I'm really curious about this - it is very much like Alex's case. But why does this correspondence only come out after the interview?? And are these people who actually know these women or just some kind of scam artists?

Anyway, so happy to hear this, though so sorry you had to live through that hell.

Best wishes,

Jenny

Glad everything worked out for the both of you. It would be interesting how and why Chinese criminals singled out your wife for their dirty work. Lets hope they will get theirs in the end.

But for you and your wife, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I pray every night that my own sweet wife will soon join me.

Oh my God! This could be the explanation for all our difficulties.

My so had the white slip/blue slip problem, and about 60 days later I find out theres third party correspondence involved.....what the hell is going on?

I don't want to be repetitive, but the anguish this has put us through is unforgivable.

Perhaps the letter to Maura Harty should include this incident.....

Before I forget-congratulations, and I hope to join your ranks soon!

First of all Chuck, let me say congrats. I'll bet your glad all that is over.

As for all this third party nonsense. This brings back a memory from our visa days of a year ago. My SO went to GZ for something maybe about 2 months before we had our interview. she talked to one of the "agents" who work outside the consulate. The 'agent' told her she could get us the interview within a month (for $500.00) because she "knew" the right people at the consulate. My wife had given this person a lot of personal info. My so then called me and told me about it and I told wifey "Hell no" As I was sure we would have P4 within a month anyway. Well, my SO told the lady and the lady told my wife that she would call people she "knew" at the consulate and make sure we never got a visa. I called this lady and told her I would report her to every possible agency in the known universe--she backed off.

We refused to give in to this extortion and had the P4 a month later and no problem getting the visa. Point here is do any of these people really have people the "know" in the consulate??? Can these criminals actually stop a visa in progress???

If anyone has any info on this it may benefit greatly those who are waiting.

Trigg

Point here is do any of these people really have people the "know" in the consulate??? Can these criminals actually stop a visa in progress???

Trigg,

Thats a really good question. I suppose that even if they don't sending a letter to GUZ could cause a delay if they have enough info.