Second time is PINK

I am doing a quick write up because I found huge value in reading others, so here is our Gaungzhou review

Thursday was document turn in, she was actaully questioned during turn in which was unexpected.

She was asked ever travel to US

You know Scott have 2 wives

Do you speak English

and some basic other questions

Interview day

Do you speak some English

Asked how we met

How many times husband come to China

When we married

Ever travel to America before

Will your son accompany you to America

Who take care of your son in America

Congratulations you pass

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to add some big thank you's to the people here on Candle, I am not a big poster but I read almost every post.

Also a big thanks to Marc Ellis and his associate Eunice who lives in Guangzhou, Marc jumped into my case late in the action but was tremendous help with what he even said was a different case.

We didn't stay with the Yang's because he was full up, but did help us find a good hotel for 300rmb a night called the Zhongyi and helped us get to the medical.

Lastly a huge thank you to my wife, she was the ultimate trooper, suffering through the denial, sticking to her guns, learned English to almost fluent level in one year going to school 6 days a week and did this interview entirely in English.

Thanks to all,

Scott

Wanted to add some big thank you's to the people here on Candle, I am not a big poster but I read almost every post.

Also a big thanks to Marc Ellis and his associate Eunice who lives in Guangzhou, Marc jumped into my case late in the action but was tremendous help with what he even said was a different case.

We didn't stay with the Yang's because he was full up, but did help us find a good hotel for 300rmb a night called the Zhongyi and helped us get to the medical.

Lastly a huge thank you to my wife, she was the ultimate trooper, suffering through the denial, sticking to her guns, learned English to almost fluent level in one year going to school 6 days a week and did this interview entirely in English.

Thanks to all,

Scott

Congrat Scott !

I knew you are going to pass unless she is a member of CCP ,etc....

The reason is you have been cleared by the USCIS adjudicator when interviewed there .

I always believe it is better if you can overcome any objection raised by USCIS instead of the case going to Guangzhou and get a denial later. The latter may take 2 years before the case even get to the USCIS review board.

For those who complain because their cases get delayed a few months at USCIS stage due to more reviews, consider this as a blessing than be otherwise the cases may go straight to Guangzhou and get white or blue slips.

Thanks everyone, as you can imagine a little hectic at moment but trying to recall things that happened and write them down when I can.

First being here and seeing her come down the stairs and look on her face, priceless. I was here when she was denied and it was tough, but this time the smile on her face when I first saw her was amazing.

Some advice, take anything and everything with you. My wife had 1800 pages of QQ and emails when she walked up to window she plopped them down on the ledge in full view of VO, he asked what it all was and I think the interview was sold at that point, though he never looked at a single page, the effect was what we were after.

Pictures: Wedding pictures should be at the back, pictures of you and your wife/fiance having fun together should be up front. We had 200 pictures and the VO looked at them all often laughing at many where me and wife were joking around in the picture.

Confidence: This is huge, even if Marc Ellis will not take your case because he specilizes in rejects, pay some money to his point person in Guangzhou Eunice. She helped my wife immensely by just constantly saying over and over "you will pass". This encouragement from outside person helped a ton.

Lastly in this 2 plus year ordeal, TRUTH is always right. Even when it worked against us me and the wife always spoke the truth. We talked to so many people in Guanzhou both times we were here that planned on saying little white lies. This will come back to haunt you, I saw it happen last time here in 2009 to a woman, were husband told her to say something that wasnt true, and VO picked up on it and questioned her, needless to say she didnt pass.

1.5 years ago I hated Guangzhou people, but this time my wife had nothing but praise for the VO she talked to, he was nice, he spoke slowly so she understood everything in English, and now I find myself wanting to thank that VO for seeing the light in our case.

We are off to travel for a few days while we wait for visa, so thanks again everyone and our best wishes to the next Candle person in line.

Congratulations Scott. I'll second your recommendation of Eunice. She is sharp and knows this business. While chatting with her on messenger recently she told me that since she teamed up with Marc Ellis they haven't lost a single case. Anyone going through a NOIR would be well advised to retain the services of Marc and Eunice. I don't believe there is anyone better that handles cases at GZ.