Second time is PINK

Yes Marc and Eunice are the dynamic duo that's for sure!! It is my opinion that the case is pretty much decided before the interview with a few questions asked to seal the deal. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago and things went pretty much like yours did. Our K1 was denied and the IR1 passed. Getting Marc on your side for the CR1 is what gave it a slam dunk.

Again, congratulations!! Now just get her home. You've got some mop slappin comin your way.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat Scott !

I knew you are going to pass unless she is a member of CCP ,etc....

The reason is you have been cleared by the USCIS adjudicator when interviewed there .

I always believe it is better if you can overcome any objection raised by USCIS instead of the case going to Guangzhou and get a denial later. The latter may take 2 years before the case even get to the USCIS review board.

For those who complain because their cases get delayed a few months at USCIS stage due to more reviews, consider this as a blessing than be otherwise the cases may go straight to Guangzhou and get white or blue slips.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience. All bests to you two!!

In addition, Bullmastiff raises a good point about what needs to be handled before everything sent to Guangzhou. Now I think over our case, Could waiting time of AP be cut off if CCP membership was processed before Guangzhou interview? I am not sure. It did not cause our attention until we read some posts here in our late visa journey. This might give other applicants an option of handling such things.

DS 230 asked for it

Did u submit a waiver when filing it ?

We did not realize it was asked in DS230. In DS230, one question related might be the one asking what professional organization you belong to. I and my husband both thought this question asks what occupational origination such as society of accounts, economics association, and engineering association, because this question comes out right after the question about working experience. So we put NA there. Probably months later, we found this website and visa journey, and found many people talked about CCP. It caught our attention and learned it was asked implicitly in DS230. Anyway keep long story short. With help of friends here, we learned to have a statement when the question jumps out at interview. Now we are in AP.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42851

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43015

Therefore, when I read your post, I thought maybe what other applicants could do is to handle such a thing in the early stage of their journey, and do not have to wait till interview. But also some said that this question only become an issue at interview. I do not have a solid answer.

Question 40c on the DS 230 specifically mentions the Communist Party. I am guessing the best way to handle this is to answer yes and write the letter explaining the need to be a member for work purposes.

One thing I wonder is if while front loading your petition and you knew CCP membership was going to be a problem you explained it up front. Could it save you time instead of waiting for a blue slip? Maybe not since GZ doesn't really look at the petition until interview day.

Question 40c on the DS 230 specifically mentions the Communist Party. I am guessing the best way to handle this is to answer yes and write the letter explaining the need to be a member for work purposes.

My God! It is true!! Reading your post, I immediately check my DS 230, item 40c. It is asked in the middle of the sentence!! How come we missed it . What we were doing at that time? If we did not miss it, we could seek and take action ahead like you said, submitting a statement earlier with DS 230!!! Thus we do not need to be waiting now!!!

Thank you, Beachey!

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

My God! It is true!! Reading your post, I immediately check my DS 230, item 40c. It is asked in the middle of the sentence!! How come we missed it . What we were doing at that time? If we did not miss it, we could seek and take action ahead like you said, submitting a statement earlier with DS 230!!! Thus we do not need to be waiting now!!!

Thank you, Beachey!

Is that DS-230 Part 2? If so, is part 2 required to be sent at that time?

Thank you, Beachey!

Is that DS-230 Part 2? If so, is part 2 required to be sent at that time?

Yes, part II is required to be sent in IV package as well but just do not sign it till the interview.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

One thing I wonder is if while front loading your petition and you knew CCP membership was going to be a problem you explained it up front. Could it save you time instead of waiting for a blue slip? Maybe not since GZ doesn't really look at the petition until interview day.

I am not sure whether it works if explaining it in the petition. Most people like me do not realize CCP is a problem till we see people talk about it. Many people may know it till the interview. Like me, just a few minutes ago, I get to know CCP is asked specifically in DS 230 item 40c.

If attaching a statement whiling filing DS 230, it may help to avoid a blue slip. But like you said, maybe not. Who knows?

Yes, part II is required to be sent in IV package as well but just do not sign it till the interview.

OK, that answers the one question I always had about this, why the issue of CCP is never really addressed until the interview even though the DS 230 asks the question.

OK, that answers the one question I always had about this, why the issue of CCP is never really addressed until the interview even though the DS 230 asks the question.

It is not only signature thing, I think. At interview, you simply are asked to sign your name on the DS230 which you submitted before.

There are so many things in item 40. We did not read one sentence by another, which we should!! That is how we missed the question. I feel very bad for missing it. Just like an insurance policy, you may sign it without looking at the details in the policy. Only when an accident occurs, you may start to read the policy and find out what is covered or not covered, especially after your insurance company refuses to pay the bill. I learn things from today's experience.