Interview details!

Hello Folks!

Rongjiao's interview was scheduled for 7:15am on October 11, 2006. The day prior, we realized that she did not have her notarial unmarried certificate. She flew from Guangzhou to Guilin and bussed to Xing'an where her three brothers had arranged for someone to issue the certificate. They stayed up all night long!

Rongjiao arrived at the consulate after making a flight (nterview morning)from Guilin to Guangzhou. I was already at the consulate waiting and asking questions regarding her being late. She arrived at 10:05am. A lady with a yellow shirt almost came running up to Rongjiao outside when she saw Rongjiao with the big brown envelope. She led us inside the consulate and began going through Rongjiao's papers. Somehow, Rongjiao had lost the very precious CITIC Bank reciept for having paid the consular fees. Well, we paid them again! Rongjiao was very frantic during this time but managed a smile when all the needed information was in order with the help of the nice lady in yellow.

Rongjiao went upstairs about 10:30am. I waited until 2:00pm for her to come out. Here she was, waving the paper, all smiles! She passed!

Interview details: A woman (looked entirely american) asked

question: Where does your fiance live? Answer: Wisconsin

question: How many sisters and brothers does your fiance have? Answer: 7 sisters and 5 brothers.

question: Does your fiance speak chinese? Answer: Some

question: Do you speak english? Answer: Yes

Statement by VO: I can see that your fiance has visited China three times! (she had my passport)

Statement by VO: This file is very good!

Question: Do you have photos? May I see them? VO comment: These are very nice!

VO remark: Congratulations you have passed!

It was quite obvious that the VO really liked the file as she held it up saying that it was really good! The photos seemed to have been a real plus! Both the VO and Rongjiao were in big smiles during the whole 4 minute interview!

We observed that one couple did not get a pass because only one year of taxes had been submitted. For unknown reasons, other's did not pass either.

Though we were late for the interview, the people there were kind and told me 'o problem". It was very busy, it seemed that every hour and a half a new 50 people line would form outside the consulate. We were there four hours in all.

Thanks to all of you for your help in answering or commenting on my posts. They definitely have helped! Now, we have to manage how to get airline tickets one-way to the USA for October 19th. I'll post again for the purposes of how we managed that!

Hello Folks!

Rongjiao's interview was scheduled for 7:15am on October 11, 2006. The day prior, we realized that she did not have her notarial unmarried certificate. She flew from Guangzhou to Guilin and bussed to Xing'an where her three brothers had arranged for someone to issue the certificate. They stayed up all night long!

Rongjiao arrived at the consulate after making a flight (nterview morning)from Guilin to Guangzhou. I was already at the consulate waiting and asking questions regarding her being late. She arrived at 10:05am. A lady with a yellow shirt almost came running up to Rongjiao outside when she saw Rongjiao with the big brown envelope. She led us inside the consulate and began going through Rongjiao's papers. Somehow, Rongjiao had lost the very precious CITIC Bank reciept for having paid the consular fees. Well, we paid them again! Rongjiao was very frantic during this time but managed a smile when all the needed information was in order with the help of the nice lady in yellow.

Rongjiao went upstairs about 10:30am. I waited until 2:00pm for her to come out. Here she was, waving the paper, all smiles! She passed!

question: How many sisters and brothers does your fiance have? Answer: 7 sisters and 5 brothers.

Statement by VO: I can see that your fiance has visited China three times! (she had my passport)

It was quite obvious that the VO really liked the file as she held it up saying that it was really good! The photos seemed to have been a real plus! Both the VO and Rongjiao were in big smiles during the whole 4 minute interview!

We observed that one couple did not get a pass because only one year of taxes had been submitted. For unknown reasons, other's did not pass either.

Though we were late for the interview, the people there were kind and told me 'o problem". It was very busy, it seemed that every hour and a half a new 50 people line would form outside the consulate. We were there four hours in all.

Thanks to all of you for your help in answering or commenting on my posts. They definitely have helped! Now, we have to manage how to get airline tickets one-way to the USA for October 19th. I'll post again for the purposes of how we managed that!

Congratulations!!! I hope our interview goes just as well! :blink: :huh:

Congratulations MrBill ...... GREAAAAAAAAT NEWS!

WHEEL MAN

Hello Folks!

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND

I am glad it finally worked out for you and Rongy and i hope we can get together sometime soon. Good luck with the tickets i know you will work that out and will be home soon. I hope we can talk soon and Ying will be happy to talk with Rongy. Best Wishes.

Jim and Ying :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations!! That is a great story, sorry you and your SO had to go through it though! Very glad to hear of its happy ending!! We were pulling for you! :D

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND

I am glad it finally worked out for you and Rongy and i hope we can get together sometime soon. Good luck with the tickets i know you will work that out and will be home soon. I hope we can talk soon and Ying will be happy to talk with Rongy. Best Wishes.

Jim and Ying :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello, Jim & Ying!

Thank you for the congratulations! We are still in Guangzhou because the visa was not yet available at the China Post. Since our interview was a bit later, it's taking one more day to process. We have been instructed to pick up the visa in the morning at 9:00am (Saturday). This means one more night in hot Guangzhou!

Yes! We very much want to meet with you two. You have hung in there with me and Roongy through this whole process and we really appreciate that kind of support. Everyone on this site particularly has been most informative and great.

Bill & Rongjiao!