Field Report From Guangzhou

Yin my wife had her interview in Guangzhou of Dec 6th. She arrived early at the offices at the embassy, the interview notes that are enclosed in Interview FAQ (David Zixuan’s FAQs) in Links and Resources. These FAQ issues are extremely accurate for all of the CFL newbies!

There were several observations that we made with a variety of people that my wife discovered when talking to other hotel residents. She personally has a dislike for Guangzhou itself. She stayed in residences, which are provided above the Embassy.

She was staying in the hotel. The rooms constructed in a dormitory-type environment. Each woman had a room assigned to themselves and shared a communal bathroom, between two rooms. Cost was fairly low. I believe the cost was 100 RMB per night.

Her roommate was a woman from Nanning, PRC. This particular woman was there to do a reinterview to overcome an RFE that she had received since her English comprehension/speaking abilities were almost negligible. Her problems were probably almost doubled, since her fiancée had come to China only once for 10 days and the K1 Visa paperwork was submitted immediately thereafter. I am NOT criticizing anyone’s manner in how his or her personal relationship starts and continues! However, it is a “NO BRAINER” to see that this short amount of time between 1 visit to China, telephone/E-mail correspondence, very little English comprehension on the part of the spouse and submission of K1 and/or K3 submission will raise a huge red flag with Guangzhou VOs.

On a side note, Yin lost track of her “roommate” and never heard what the outcome was for the woman from Nanning. Yin and I, both hope that her interview was successful. Yin asked if she was CFL member, but never really got a clear answer yes or no. Just a lot of foot shuffling!

A younger American gentleman interviewed Yin. According to Yin, he spoke passable Chinese, but it was not on university level as is hers. She was laughing that he never asked her for an interpreter. He simply began asking questions to her in Chinese. Since she wished to avoid an RFE, every time he asked a question in Chinese she replied in English. Then she asked why he was talking to her in Chinese and she told him that she spoke English very well. This surprised him and the rest of the interview was conducted in English. She told me that he was smiling a bit more after she told him to change his language.

The questions were very simple:

1) How many times has your husband been divorced?

2) What does you husband do now?

3) What other jobs does your husband have?

4) Do you still talk to your (Yin’s) ex-husband and what is your relationship like with him now?

5) Do you husband know about your ex husband?

6) How many children does your husband have?

7) What is your husband’s telephone number?

Question 7 was where the problems came in to play. I have never heard of this discussed before, and it may be a new trend! My wife and I have used OneSuite. com for the past year. I wanted to have printed records, and also wanted to have a low cost. Telephone records were printed out for the last 6 months prior to interview. VO asked her what my home telephone number was. She gave it to them. She received a blue slip. Later, she was asked to return and was given a pink slip since the VO stated that the telephone number she gave different than what was one the records that we have provided. She pointed out the fact that my telephone number on 129F was the same. He agreed, but still stated that it was different than what was one the telephone records. He then wanted an explanation to why it was different!

Yin and I both went into panic mode! Of what in the name of Hell this VO was thinking? I made emergency contacts with this forum, and they immediately advised me to take a Valium and calm down. Thanks Carl! I owe you one for this!

All users of this telephone service OneSuite.Com! You better pay attention! This issue will come up again! The VOs are extremely busy. They will not look carefully at the telephone records. If you are sending records to your SO, look at the records that you are sending to your SO. It will have your account number and the current telephone number. It will list our respective area code, your respective telephone number and your PIN. Then: look at the “Call From” column; this number is different than your number. This will show a different number, which is related to the ZIP dial number where your call is being routed through. This number is entirely different than your home telephone number. This is where the confusion comes in. The VO was looking at this number and stating to my wife, that the telephone number she gave him was different that the telephone shown on the records. I sent a polite response back via FAX, what the problem was and showed him where my telephone number was on the records. The visa was granted immediately the following day following my explanation.

In the case of emergency, the FAX number is 8620-3884-4412 in the case that you have a similar problem as I did, or other questions arise. If you are visa processing, you had better keep this number posted where you know where it is! I have access into emergency channels into US embassies. I was able to contact them. They would not release the number to me! You were right Carl! I could not get the processing section. DO NOT attempt to call them. The number remains inaccessible to everyone!

Yin was also complaining that she wasn’t allowed any food, water, tea etc, into the embassy. Tell you’re SO’s to eat a large breakfast before the going to the Consulate! If they don’t, they will just have to SUCK IT UP!

The final upshot is that my wife has received her K3 Visa and will be on the way after she finishes shopping mailing and shipping her belongings. In post #36, http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...pic=14006&st=30. I gave the time frame as 5 months 3 days. I lied! Total processing time was 5 months 6 days for a K3 Visa from arrival in Chicago, to Yin receiving her visa! I suggested way that CFL “newbies” (no insult intended) might decrease the odds of an RFE or having problems with the processing of the visa. I suggest that all newbies read this post thoroughly and also read DavidZixuan’s post of FAQ in the Links and Resources. I will add that I HATE Cheeto’s and I will not ever resort to them, as an alternate method to pass my time!

I would also be remiss if I didn’t extend my grateful and sincere thanks to several people in this CFL forum who also helped me with my processing. I wish to recognize and thanks thank the following people:

1) PJ, the original founder of this forum, which has helped so many, many people. His original idea and work still continues on today! My thanks PJ for attempting to "drop-in" monitor what you created. CFL forum is alive and well.

2) Donahso, the man who willingly picked up the ball and continued to make this forum a viable entity. Don….you stepped up “to the plate,” took charge in CFL’s darkest hour. The loss of the CFL forum would have been a disaster to many, many people. The greatest thanks should go to you for then endless sacrifices that you make. There are no words to aptly express what you do day after day. The immigration process would be almost impossible to understand if it wasn’t for your efforts Don.

3) DavidZixuan, I wish to thank you for being my friend, confiding and answering my questions many times over. I wish to thank you for your tireless dedication to helping people both young and old in this forum. You have on countless times have patiently helped so many people time after time. You now have you wife here and you still remain with us, sacrificing your own personal life to help! You spent you own valuable time in typing a FAQ for a reference tool. The senior members thanked you. However, not one CFL junior member has ever thanked you for your efforts, publicly in this forum. I wish to thank you, with greatest sincerity and gratefulness in my heart. I should also mention that on 6 December, Carl also contacted you for information that was needed immediately. Yin and myself gratefully appreciated your input.

4) Trigg, your sense of humor from Tennessee, which is often guised as illiteracy, does not fool me for a moment! I see the genuine genius, which you attempt to disguise. Trigg, you were one of the reasons that your sense of humor and intellect kept me weaned from Cheeto’s! Many times I have listened to what you say, but the humor has always made me laugh. However, I also saw the meaning between what you had written! However, Yin won’t use a mop for slapping me around! With my luck, it will be a Sichuan Hogo dish!

5) Carl (Warpedboard), I left you last for a specific reason! Yin and I personally want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and souls! The night that I contacted you, both of us were “freaking out!” You calmed us both and I began rationally thinking again. Thanks go to all of those above. However, you were the one person, who stood there that night and calmly approached the situation. Due to you being such a friend to both of us, Yin received her visa due to the care and empathy that you have given to us. That is why I left you to the last! You Sir! You have brought this odyssey to a final concluding close. Thank you, Carl! My apologies for disturbing Bing!

Yin and myself wish all of you in this season the greatest happiness. We both pray for your continued prosperity, fortunes and health!

Yin and David

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As official reminder to the official wahooer I hereby remind the official wahooer that an extra large official wahoo is now called for.

Congratulations Dave and Yin. What ever small help I provided pales in comparison to the help and support I got from CFL when Bing and I went through the process. It is the least that I can do.

As official reminder to the official wahooer I hereby remind the official wahooer that an extra large official wahoo is now called for. 

Congratulations Dave and Yin.  What ever small help I provided pales in comparison to the help and support I got from CFL when Bing and I went through the process.  It is the least that I can do.

174359[/snapback]

Having been officially reminded by the official wahoo reminder to bestow an official Wahoo upon you, I hereby officially take this time to officially wahoo you by the only officially license whaooer on the Candle.

So, this is what you have been dreaming about------- WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

Congrats man--It couldn't have happened to a gooder person!!

(Oh, and about the illiteracy thing-It's for reel and I isn't no genuine genie-or genius or generic substitute!)

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)
Congratulations to both of you ... and thanks for taking time to write it up.  It almost sounds as if you are saying goodbye.  I'm sure we all would like to see you stay active.

174414[/snapback]

Jim,

Not goodbye, just a slightly changed set of priorities. Th letter sounds like a gooodbye, however, it was simply a warm heart felt thanks for the efforts that many people, esp. those that I have specifically thanked for their efforts.

As for the wife, I already have a job arranged for her, and she will arrive in the latter part of January. I know EAD! LOL!

Congratulations , as far as the phone number, I asked my wife and she said they also asked this question, which she had no problem with, knowing both my land line and my cell number.

174367[/snapback]

You're absolutely correct, she knew both of these numbers. She should know them as many phone calls as I have had from her.

What they had concerns about, was that the number when I dial from my home phone and it goes to a local telephone based phone for my respective area. That is the number I was speaking of. It basically keeps repeating itself since all my phone calls kept going through this number. What Chineses or Americam woman would know the remote computer based telephone number?

As a side note perhaps, our wives/finacees should ask the VO what number are their phone calls going through from the embassy to their own respective computer telephone number. What if it there answer if different, from their office telephone they give us? They get a RFE for being a VO? :P

CONGRATULATIONS , Fantastic news!

Best of luck and I hope she can come to the U.S.A. in way less than 5 months.

Good Job!!

Larry

174368[/snapback]

Li and Larry,

Thank you. She ill be here in the latter part of January. She is just shopping and purchasing the essentials that every Chinese Sichuan woman wants and needs.

It will be very good. I hope that every other person could have what I received. A Christmas present for the 25th, my anniversary present(also 25 December) We both get a Chinese New Year present! Things can't get much better.