Field Report From Guangzhou

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cerberus, you ol dog guarding the gates of hell!!!

I bet somebodys doing a happy dance now!

Glad to hear you were able to straighten these people out!

It also looks like (unbelievabliely) GUZ has updated their procedures to make their own lives (and our) easier with the :

1. flat out RFE type denial will will require certified copies of things to comply with the letter of the law and the

2. something looks "fishy" so send us a fax NOW to straighten out the misconception and we'll finish the case NOW to avoid both of us having to do the same (appointment) song and dance all over again!

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear your good news. :) :D :P

Our congratulations, too.

Even though I wasn't here when this forum began, my perspective may still be worthwhile.

Zhenshu and I would probably have gotten our visa by ourselves, but it would have taken a lot longer; I would have felt used and manipulated (by the DOS), and I would been too angry at the process to really focus on the important part: my wife and I will be reunited in just five days.

The forum helped me keep my sanity (and more of my hair).

So, a big wahooooooo for the forum and its wonderful members.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Isnt the phone number in the 129 and 130 applications?! If she knows that one you would think it would suffice.

I have an internet phone for work, and if I call the local number on that phone (in MO) then I pay 2.2c/min on Onesuite, versus if I call the 800 number from my home in the boonies where I pay 3.7c/min.

When she calls me she rings it up 3x and that is my cue to call her. She only has a cell and to call me it is like 10RMB/min or something rediculous. She has called on occasion (my birthday, etc.) but otherwise it is far more economical for me to just call her.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
First off,  CONGRATULATIONS!!

Isnt the phone number in the 129 and 130 applications?!  If she knows that one you would think it would suffice.

I have an internet phone for work, and if I call the local number on that phone (in MO) then I pay 2.2c/min on Onesuite, versus if I call the 800 number from my home in the boonies where I pay 3.7c/min. 

When she calls me she rings it up 3x and that is my cue to call her.  She only has a cell and to call me it is like 10RMB/min or something rediculous.  She has called on occasion (my birthday, etc.) but otherwise it is far more economical for me to just call her.

175559[/snapback]

Mercator,

No, the FAX number isn't on those forms. That is why Carl, David and myself were in a panic mode attempting to locate that particular number. Christer is the one who had just sent forms there and he saved the day by having this number. I suggest that you keep it! Our problems were doubly complicated when the phone system in GUZ is unrivalled BS. Yin was cut off before I could get the complete number when she called me.

Regard to one suite, I always use the 1-800 phone neumber. My wife calls me, is one line for about 15 seconds, tells me to call her. I then call her back. We basically have the same system as you, with the exceptiuons of three rings, etc. I would suggest that you print out 1 to 3 day of receipts from the records at One Suite that might have two or three phone calls on it. Compare prointed records it to what I wrote about. You will see that the "Call From" phone number will be different than your phone (Your account number) It won't matter where you are whether in MO, Toulee Greeenland, the phone is routed to a computer mainframe that is respective to that particular area. This is the phone number that GUZ was talking about and how it didn't match my home number.

Unless the a person is a computer geek and knew this number, Most people simply would NOT know this number, or even care! Your fiancee in China defintely won't know it! That was the pourpoose of the post. To insure that wives and finacees know about this phone, before they have the same problem like I did.

First off,  CONGRATULATIONS!!

Isnt the phone number in the 129 and 130 applications?!  If she knows that one you would think it would suffice.

When she calls me she rings it up 3x and that is my cue to call her.  She only has a cell and to call me it is like 10RMB/min or something rediculous.  She has called on occasion (my birthday, etc.) but otherwise it is far more economical for me to just call her.

175559[/snapback]

Mercator,

No, the FAX number isn't on those forms. That is why Carl, David and myself were in a panic mode attempting to locate that particular number. Christer is the one who had just sent forms there and he saved the day by having this number. I suggest that you keep it! Our problems were doubly complicated when the phone system in GUZ is unrivalled BS. Yin was cut off before I could get the complete number when she called me.

Regard to one suite, I always use the 1-800 phone neumber. My wife calls me, is one line for about 15 seconds, tells me to call her. I then call her back. We basically have the same system as you, with the exceptiuons of three rings, etc. I would suggest that you print out 1 to 3 day of receipts from the records at One Suite that might have two or three phone calls on it. Compare prointed records it to what I wrote about. You will see that the "Call From" phone number will be different than your phone (Your account number) It won't matter where you are whether in MO, Toulee Greeenland, the phone is routed to a computer mainframe that is respective to that particular area. This is the phone number that GUZ was talking about and how it didn't match my home number.

Unless the a person is a computer geek and knew this number, Most people simply would NOT know this number, or even care! Your fiancee in China defintely won't know it! That was the pourpoose of the post. To insure that wives and finacees know about this phone, before they have the same problem like I did.

175631[/snapback]

gotcha. wow that is pretty lame.

My number is in the list because sometimes onesuite chokes on the internet phone protocols. It just isnt in there often. More messy is that we have 8 lines into our office and 8 different numbers. I try and use the same one as often as I can, but there will be a dozen different numbers in there or more by the time we get to interview because I call her even when I am travelling.

You would think the account number (which is my phone number plus passcode), and the fact the onesuite account is MY account, it shouldn't friggin matter where I called from, just that I called HER.

I will tell her to remember it, but I will have to also explain to her that she should be prepared to show them a) my account is my phone number B ) I travel for work c) that my own number is in the list occasionally (I will make at least one call a month from my own number at higher expense, just to make the VOs happy). d) all the calls are to her cell numbers

:D

Edited by mercator (see edit history)