Field Report From Guangzhou

Congratulations David, while you are sitting around and have nothing important to do, other than preparing for Yin to arrive, you might want to try to get all of your next round of papers ready to go out the door. It sure makes it easier to concentrate on the important things in life if those silly papers are in the mail.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations David, while you are sitting around and have nothing important to do, other than preparing for Yin to arrive, you might want to try to get all of your next round of papers ready to go out the door. It sure makes it easier to concentrate on the important things in life if those silly papers are in the mail.

174435[/snapback]

LOL,

Thanks Lee. l did this about 2 months ago when we were waiting for the P3. Helped to keep my sanity and keep me weaned off Cheeto's. Like I said; I hate Cheeto's!

However, thanks for the thought.

174435[/snapback]

LOL,

Thanks Lee. l did this about 2 months ago when we were waiting for the P3. Helped to keep my sanity and keep me weaned off Cheeto's. Like I said; I hate Cheeto's!

174437[/snapback]

WHAT?????!!!!!!! YOU HATE CHEETOS???!!!!!!! :jerry: :bangin: :surprise: Now that just ain't right!! the boy, i say the boy is just overcome with the news of the visa--He just don't know what he's sayin!!!!

174435[/snapback]

LOL,

174437[/snapback]

WHAT?????!!!!!!! YOU HATE CHEETOS???!!!!!!! :jerry: :bangin: :surprise: Now that just ain't right!! the boy, i say the boy is just overcome with the news of the visa--He just don't know what he's sayin!!!!

174440[/snapback]

ROFLMAO! Rightttttttttttttttttttttt!

Trigg, we are both hardened "bush" soldiers. Remember what our 1SGs would say to do, when things become very blue? Just use a hammer! I am a sadomasochist!

WOW ! what a difficult episode, but terrific ending !! :surprise:

I'd like to know at what point did they request or see your onesuite printouts ?

174453[/snapback]

Daviud

Immediately after they asked the question #7. Yin gave the records to him. He took them and then the interview was concluded. Later issued blue slip. Later, they called her. That is when she found out about the doubt that was raised in their minds!

I suspect that this question will raise it's ugly head again. SOs will know there spouses/fiancees telephone number. However, how many of us would know the telephone # to the computer base that onesuite.com is using? The call "from number," is PLASTERED all over your records. On top of telephone records your personal phone is shown shown twice. VO was looking at the computer site phone number.

Yin is extremely sharp and speaks English very well. Neither she and I know the remote site phone # and don't really care! How many problems will this generate with a SO who doesn't speak English fluently? BTW, there were approximately 300 women interviewing the same day. How many others were asked this same inane and stupid question? Spouses and Fiancees never use onesuite.com at all to call! Right?

please don't take this wrong.. I know that you agree that all experiences need to help those coming next... I just want to pick at it a little bit since it seems to hit on that issue of 'offering them more evidence than they need'...

Did they ask for this printout or proof, or Yin felt this was a good followup to the answer in support of her statement?

Looking at my collection of interview questions, it is in only one interview... so I would say that the question is quite rare... if my wife was asked that at her interview, she would of just looked at the VO blank...

please don't take this wrong.. I know that you agree that all experiences need to help those coming next... I just want to pick at it a little bit since it seems to hit on that issue of 'offering them more evidence than they need'...

Did they ask for this printout or proof, or Yin felt this was a good followup to the answer in support of her statement?

Looking at my collection of interview questions,  it is in only one interview... so I would say that the question is quite rare... if my wife was asked that at her interview, she would of just looked at the VO blank...

174466[/snapback]

David,

Please, no offense is taken at all. That is why I wanted people to profit from what we went through.

I knew that this question hadn't ever been raised before. I knew that many of the people in CFL use onesuite.com. That is why it surprised us very much.

I only sent the last 6 months of records with her. I printed a "master record." Perhaps 13 or 14 pages If I remember correctly. This time period was very satisfactory with them. I used a master record since the page number and the number of pages shows on the upper righthand corner of the printout. It also has the onesuite.com logo showing to show that you haven't used software to "create" your own record. In regard to the records there wasn't any questions about them.

The issue came when they asked why the telephone number Yin provided them didn't match the computer based "switching" telephone.

It required me to FAX an explanation to them as to why they didn't match. I sent a nicely worded E-mail to them explaining what the diffrence was. She receieved her visa the following day! I have educated one VO as to the diffrence. Will he information be passed around among the VOs? That I don't know. Here is a copy f the base letter that I FAXED back to them:

TO: Visa Processing Unit

American Consulate General

#1Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, China 510133

X0X-X8-X7X3 (SSAN)

600 Corn Street, KnuckleHead Apartments #3.14 (pi)

Stick in the Woods, NE 78235

SUBJECT: K-3 Visa Application at JIANG-CERBERUS, Yin, Case ID GUZ2005XXXXX

To whom it may concern,

My wife Jiang, Yin called me and stated that there was a slight misunderstanding in regard to my telephone number. The interviewing officer asked if she knows my telephone number. SHE DOES, intimately. However, most of the time when we call she calls me and then I call her back from the US to save her money.

In order for her to save money, I use a prepaid calling service. I wanted to have telephone records to show the US Embassy that there is constant contact between us. The telephone company that I use is a prepaid company known as onesuite.com. These are the telephone records that I forwarded to her for the interview.

I have enclosed with this fax another set of recent telephone records. If you look at the top portion where it says Account number, where I have marked #1; this is my account number and my telephone number. They are identical except onesuite.com has placed my PIN behind my telephone number. (402) is my area code, (XXX-XXXX) is my telephone number, minus the dash so it actually should read XXX-XXXX. The remaining numbers, is my PIN (XXXX)

Directly under my account number where I have placed a #2, you will see that this same identical number that I have mentioned above in my letter.

A point of possible confusion is my “Call From” column, being a different number than my actual telephone number. This number is different from my account number. I will briefly explain why this is different. Onesuite.com is a computer based telephone corporation. They will initiate my account, which I charge with money from time to time for telephone credits. I am issued what they refer to as a “ZIP” dialing number for my use, which is used for the local area where I live. You will notice that this number (4027613491) in the “Call From” column keeps repeating over and over. I have placed a #3 beside this number. This is because this is the remote site where I call from my telephone number (XXXXXX-XXXX, to the remote site, and then the call is sent to my wife’s number in Chengdu, China at 011-86-28-XXX-XXXXX. I have placed a #4 beside her telephone number. You will see this number repeating over and over again in the “Call To” column.

When I wish to call my wife I have 3 steps that I have to perform:

1) Call onesuite.com @ 1-800-315-9339

2) OneSuite.com computer operator asks to identify myself and I identify myself by inputting my account number XXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXX.

3) The call is forwarded to the remote site. In my case 4027613491

4) My call then is forwarded to China, where it answered by my wife.

I hope that this clears up any misunderstanding. For an educational and informative purposes there are many people going to this system as a technique to reduce telephone costs, and be able to talk with their wives/fiancées.

I hope this explanation has cleared up this small misunderstanding. My wife is a very virtuous woman, who never lies. I was sure that the numbers the interviewing VO saw were different when he looked at my records and the number that was provided by my wife to him.

Sincerely

David E. Cerberus

David, I hope that this letter helps someone out. I also suggest that the GUZ FAX number be plastered all over the FAQ, for easy access. Perhaps a telephone directory of HOT number in GUZ is needed, that could be pinned. This FAX number is critical since a FAX can be sent immediately and prevent a RFE!

I wish you could have seen the Emergency Operations officer that I called in GUZ. His butt was "humping" for me and he was as helpful as he could be! No backtalk, no rhetoric, but straight positive action! Couldn't get a telephone number from him. However, he told me that the FAX would have to be sent anyway. So a telephone number would have been useless, except to vent frustrations into. Even after this venting, you would have to send the FAX!

She received a blue slip.  Later, she was asked to return and was given a pink slip since the VO stated that the telephone number she gave different than what was one the records that we have provided.  She pointed out the fact that my telephone number on 129F was the same.  He agreed, but still stated that it was different than what was one the telephone records.  He then wanted an explanation to why it was different! 

174356[/snapback]

Can you explain this part...

After your wife got the blue slips, how did she get the pink slip, at overcome appointment ? If yes, was she told or did she bring anything to this?

Then after the pink slips, you were told to fax this info, instead of having another overcome appointment?

So, do you see your case as going to overcome or how do you characterize it, since you mention :

This FAX number is critical since a FAX can be sent immediately and prevent a RFE!

I'm particularly interested to see if she made an overcome appointment and/or if GUZ had her fax stuff in lieu of overcome appt...

She received a blue slip.  Later, she was asked to return and was given a pink slip since the VO stated that the telephone number she gave different than what was one the records that we have provided.  She pointed out the fact that my telephone number on 129F was the same.  He agreed, but still stated that it was different than what was one the telephone records.  He then wanted an explanation to why it was different! 

174356[/snapback]

After your wife got the blue slips, how did she get the pink slip, at overcome appointment ? If yes, was she told or did she bring anything to this?

Then after the pink slips, you were told to fax this info, instead of having another overcome appointment?

So, do you see your case as going to overcome or how do you characterize it, since you mention :

This FAX number is critical since a FAX can be sent immediately and prevent a RFE!

I'm particularly interested to see if she made an overcome appointment and/or if GUZ had her fax stuff in lieu of overcome appt...

174482[/snapback]

I'm thinking that pink and blue slips are getting confused. He's saying she got the aproval and later got the rejection (I think). GZ has chnaged slip colors a few times and using the color to denote denial/aproval gets more confusing each time they d!

174356[/snapback]

174482[/snapback]

David she was called and/or notified that there was a problem while she was still at the embassy, waiting in lines. When she returned the Vo talked with her. The details are a bit sketchy on my end, so this information is heresay! The VO stated that there was a discrepancy was what she was told him about my telephone records and what was showing on onesuite.com records.

Apparently there seems to be two type of statuses with RFE.

1) A flat out rejection (e.g. No enough funds for Affidavit of Support, no 134, no Income Tax records, etc.) These cannot be rectified immediately and an appoiuntment becomes necessary.

2) A doubt that has been raised in the VOs mind, that can easily rectified by a FAX. This was the case with Yin. The letter that I posted above I sent immediately, with a small 1 week portion of onesuite records that I marked in pen #1,2,3,4.

Yin's particular case was a doubt, and was handled with a simple FAX. So no overcome interview appointment was needed or necessary. For a "full-blown" RFE, I am sorry I don't have much info in this area.

The colors are confusing, as is the contact info... I'm doing a quick search to see what others have provided for numbers and faxes and get two fax numbers from their webpage and from letters from GUZ.. not sure if both are valid or not...

I'll update the FAQ with as much contact info as I can.

Thanks for all the clarification !!

The colors are confusing, as is the contact info...  I'm doing a quick search to see what others have provided for numbers and faxes and get two fax numbers from their webpage and from letters from GUZ.. not sure if both are valid or not...

I'll update the FAQ with as much contact info as I can.

Thanks for all the clarification !!

174487[/snapback]

Dave

The fax that I used was 8620-3884-4412. This is active and FAX was immediately forwarded. Carl, Christer found this number while we were in panic mode! I know that it is accurate!