Un F****n believable!

Hi folks..

It's been almost 6 months since my case was sent into limbo hell. GZ sent it back to the U.S.A. for revocation because of "third party correspondence" which I have been waiting to address . For some reason still unknown to me, my lawyer had been telling me that congressional inquiries could "hurt" my case...I don't see how, but still I worried that maybe he was right. In the meantime, my congressmans office was wondering why my attorney would suggest that an inquiry would produce consequences for my case.

Two days ago I decided to inquire about my case through my congressman...heck, I don't see how things could be worse.....lo and behold....USCIS doesn't know where it is, and neither does the state service center! The USCIS supervisor was apologetic to the liason who inquired the congressman (basically admitting that someone really f'd up.)

Tomorrow I hope to find out EXACTLY where my case is....I can't help but hope that mud on the faces of the immigration bureaucracy will tilt things in my favor...I'm also hoping that I have some legal rights here... perhaps the option to sue if they don't do the right thing.

Yes folks...I am at the bottom of the immigration barrel. I pray that now that we'll get some action, and that my lawyer can successfully appeal my case before immigration court. For now the nagging quetion is, what did the third party correspondence say?....who was it from..?...if my fiancee cleared all her background checks, what could be the problem? The correspondence is DEFINITELY from China..D.O.S. had told me so months ago.

Talk about aggravation!

Alex

Your real life horror story is worse than fiction. I wonder when you explain to the liasion what your attorney's feedback was what the 'down the road' reaction from the congressional office will be? Maybe this is because some lawyers only get involved after the sponsor makes so many calls, without result, to every known place.

Geezzz Alex!

Now I see how Alfred Hichcock made the making of "North By Nortwest" look so believable!!

The truth really is stranger than fiction.... My advice: Fire your lawyer, and stay the hell away from the UN ---- particularly if you look anything like Cary Grant!

Sorry ... really do sympathize ... just am now clueless how to help...

If it's any consolation, I'm angry for you as well! As my SO and I have been waiting now for nearly 7 months for the second name check, I will know the frustrations of long waits with no information.

I've now written to the senior senator of my state (California) and I truly hope she and her staff can help resolve the situation.

Your situation really is a puzzle. Amazing that they "lost" your case! At what stage of the process are you?

OMG, Alex. I can't believe it. Make very good friends with the laision regardless of what your attorney says. If there was ever a time for congressional intervention, this is it.

Good luck, my friend. I'm pulling for ya.

Ditto my sentiments with what Don and others have said (also disgust and anger come to mind when seeing the downward spiral of events you've endured since interview).

ALEX: I would also question if the lawyer would see his/her fee reduced IF you do get congressional help.

ZINGARO: I'm not a fan of either Senator from Ca. but hopefully they will do something for YOU. Try your Congresspersons also.

BEST of LUCK to the both of you and Mikexiao!!! acw