Another Wooo Hooooo

Jack just called and said "So, they gave me this note that says 'Sorry, Sir, you've been rejected. Please go to the gate of the consulate to be shot'."

I knew then he got it. Said it was a piece of cake, much like y'all have been telling me. The woman only asked one question: "When did you meet your wife?" Of course he couldn't give a straight answer, just some nonsense about how he couldn't remember the exact day but it left a big impression on hiim... Anyway, she didn't care and was just interested in the twins and did look through the photos. He tried to talk about how he was going to study, etc but she wasn't interested. He said she looked kind of Indian, maybe mixed blood.

The longer version of the story is, Jack arrived just before 8, already he says some 100 people in line. They took the support forms and told him to come back at 1 (it was already 11:30 when he first called me). He was getting scared at this point because he said there were so many guys also from Fujian with his family name and even one with his given name, which isn't so common. It looked like most got rejected. No wonder things are so slow there. A Nigerian guy trying to immigrate through a US fiancee was blue-slipped.

I asked if there were many women too and he mentioned one who was blue-slipped and came to him because she couldn't understand what they'd written in either English or Chinese. What it was was that she didn't know enough about her fiance's ex-wife. Never heard of that one before.

He also said they don't have anything in the consulate and people had to go buy glue for the photos.

Now he is berating me for worrying too much and buying the more expensive changeable tickets, even though it was his idea too ... I don't care, at least I can relax, and the babes too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Jenny and Jack!!!!! Way to go and welcome to the ole timers club..;)

And as One ole timer to Another.. Thanks!

Hand delivering that letter to Ms Harty when you and your's were so close and it having little if any benefit to you is a true sign of a great and caring person.

Best always to you and Jack :lol: :D

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth