GUANGZHOU WARNING

Glad the docs were replaced so quick. Chongquing train station also has roving thugs. Get this... the thugs push weak people to "the front" of the line. Then make them buy a ticket (maybe the wrong place) and they keep some of the money. The police are right there and look away.

They tagged me and were comming at me and I gave them the look, thanks to Bruce Lee they walked away. I was kinding hoping for a fight after seeing them box around some weak folks. Bastards.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to here she is okay and going about replacing all the lost docs. My wife told me she has heard many stories of this happening in GZ, especially for women travelling alone by bus or train. She was always on my case in GZ about what I was carrying in my backpack and wallet. I'd suggest if at all possible, have your SO fly into GZ. The airport seems to be a safer option.

I'd suggest if at all possible, have your SO fly into GZ. The airport seems to be a safer option.

Tell you what Tony why don't you tell her she has to fly rather than take the train. I'm not looking for a mop slapping... :lol: :lol: I can't even get her to pay extra for a soft sleeper for the 16 hour trip. She will say to me, "EXPENSIVE !!!" Actually this year an airport is opening in Huaihua so we will be flying on return visits. When she does return with the docs this time she will be arriving at noon and will have friends meeting her. She well knows the dangers of GZ having lived there for 10 years but she just took a chance and it proved to be a bad one.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words...you guys are all simply the best..

;)

speaking of getting mug my SO was ran off the road a month ago by 2 guys that her arrange husband to be hire, then he had the gall to show up and save the day. Her leg was gash with a 6 in cut and bruised, she found out a hour later by a girlfriend of one of the guys that her arrange husband to be. paid them to run her off the road. Let say that helped on putting the nail in hs coffin.

have to say karma payback are worse, he had a accident 2 days ago just out side her house broke his leg and arm.

Robert

Robert, as they say, "pay backs are a ____"

This whole deal about mugging in GZ reminded me, the local Chinese aren't the only ones to watch out for. Apparently there are some not to savory foriegners runing around GZ, mostly from other 3rd world countries. One of my American female collegues was hassled and followed by someone of apparent middle easter/north african decent, had to finally call the attention of local police to get him off her tail as it were.

Bob

My story even horrifies people:

That was 7 years ago, when I was sleeping in a 4th floor hotel in Guangzhou near the US embassy. One night, a guy climbed from my window, then sneaked into my room. I noticed some very subtle noise, and I guessed it might be a rat playing around on the floor. But I suddently waked up and saw a black shadow ghostly approaching to my light-stand where my important stuff was on! Then I noticed a theft had broken into my room. My fearness turned into hatred! I suddenly turned on the light and acted like a mad gorilla, shouted at the mother-fucker, threw chairs at him, then we fought for several minutes... He instinctly got very scared by my horrifying action and madness...then he jumped out of the 4th floor window!!! He was lucky enough not got hurt, and flee away like a rat. <_<

I have very, very, very, very, very bad impression on Guangzhou's crime rate!!!

I just got the bad news on Lu Li's document replacement search. Seems she has to put a notice in the local newspaper that her passport was stolen and is no longer valid.Then she must take this notice to the police and they will process her request for a new passport. Bottom line-SEVERAL WEEKS... :P ;) :P ;) ;) :( :( :( We were so close to the end...and now the end is receding into the mist of late April ??? May 1 , 2003 we met online. It's going to be 2 full years before we are together.